Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he could serve a very similar role for us as when Whaley was at the 4 with hopefully really good 3 point shooting numbers--he improved 20% from freshman to sophomore seasons.. I like this option a lot.
He seems like a good fit if Whaley leaves. But if he stays then idk

Reaction Score
He just said they need skill and shooting in his press conference. He wasn't born yesterday.
We're not even into the Sweet 16, we don't even know what's happening with Whaley or Polley, and people are living and dying with not even a tenth of the picture.

People need to chill. This staff has shown it can target and secure talent.

Reaction Score
Zane Meeks was Brewster and is a 3pt shooter that hits the boards. I saw him in person a bunch so I could go 'all in', in @Huskymagic style as a Polley replacement if Tyler moves on.
He was your first hs crush before Alex Karaban and we all remember our first ???. You and I fall for similar types I might add

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He just said they need skill and shooting in his press conference. He wasn't born yesterday.
The program has needed some pure shooters since he DH walked on campus (and in fairness before that) - and no, Polley is not one
So yes, it appears as far as that is concerned, DH was born yesterday

Reaction Score
The program has needed some pure shooters since he DH walked on campus (and in fairness before that) - and no, Polley is not one
So yes, it appears as far as that is concerned, DH was born yesterday
I was referring to what he said today about our current state in response to someone talking about potential transfers. But you already knew that. If we are talking about the past, the last time we had sufficient shooters was 2014. The problem preceeds Hurley.

Reaction Score

Rutgers had a historically good year (literally) and are still having players leave. This season is so confusing. I am pro players transferring and doing whatever is best for them, but still just surprised at some of the names we’ve seen enter.

Edit: he would be a 5th year player, so maybe it’s just his time to move on, but still surprising.

Reaction Score

Rutgers had a historically good year (literally) and are still having players leave. This season is so confusing. I am pro players transferring and doing whatever is best for them, but still just surprised at some of the names we’ve seen enter.

Edit: he would be a 5th year player, so maybe it’s just his time to move on, but still surprising.

One thing to keep in mind is these players don't have to leave. Spring sports had the free transfer rule last year and ~20% of kids who entered the portal returned to their original school

Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind is these players don't have to leave. Spring sports had the free transfer rule last year and ~20% of kids who entered the portal returned to their original school
I think a decent amount will end up at their original school. Sometimes the grass isn’t greener, but like i said i respect their choice to leave for whatever reason they want to.

I’m just more shocked at schools that had really good years and are still having people jump ship: Rutgers, West Virginia, Florida, etc.
The volume is a lot higher with all the 5th year seniors exploring their options.

Reaction Score

6'9 225, 14.9p, 6.2r, 1.5s, 1.2b, 52.1 2p%, 33.9 3p% (about 20% shots from 3).

A guy I'd sign up for big time. Watched a few EKU games this year and King brings a great energy and skill set. EKU plays the 2nd fastest tempo in the nation, yet he still managed to play 28 mpg at the 5 spot.

King went 25p, 13r, 4s in EKU's game against Xavier this season.

With seven players hitting the portal, I'm curious if this is a precursor to coach AW Hamilton getting hired by a bigger fish soon.

Reaction Score
One of the NEC's best players have hit the grad transfer market.

Waterbury native Tyrn Flowers, a 6'9 200 forward, averaged 17.3p, 8.1r, 3.6a, 1.9s, 1.2b at LIU.

Career 55.6 2p%, 33.1 3p%, 69.1 ft% shooting rates. Played one year at UMass before transferring to LIU.

Reaction Score
NCAA tournament star and Big Sky Player of the Year Tanner Groves has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Scored 35 points against Kansas in the first round for Eastern Washington. Averaged 17.2 points and 8.0 rebounds this season.
Wow, good for him.

No chance we'll get him as I see him taking advantage of his suddenly high stock and parlay that into a potential starting gig at a very good basketball school.

For example, Texas looks like a nice fit between Hamm graduating, Jones heading to the NBA and none of their incoming '21 commits are bigs. Could play huge minutes there right away there.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting to hear that Bob Cousy has entered the transfer portal, think he's the only guard left.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom