Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Horchler, the transfer who drained 3's for Providence all year, came from low major North Florida. Solid on the boards too. Would have loved him on this year's team, he actually moves and gets himself open unlike Polley.
North Florida about 5 minutes away...hmmm.

Reaction Score
Tyler Kolek
David Collins
Seth Lundy
Stef Smith
Justin Powell

Would be happy with any of these guys except Collins, I think. Not expecting Powell but he's also a great player.

Lundy and Kolek we seem to have connections to that we could exploit for a commitment. Both can shoot, but neither is great at the rim. Sign me up for either.

Reaction Score
Would be happy with any of these guys except Collins, I think. Not expecting Powell but he's also a great player.

Lundy and Kolek we seem to have connections to that we could exploit for a commitment. Both can shoot, but neither is great at the rim. Sign me up for either.
Pretty much agree on all that, Collins doesn't excite me at all, especially considering the number of big guards already available who can shoot.

I think the connections are going to be the biggest factor with so many transfers this offseason, so from that standpoint if I had to guess from that list of contacts Lundy seems like the most likely commit

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
They don’t. Few is an exceptional coach and he’s been in the game for a long time

Sorry, you aren’t landing a Suggs or other premium prospects without cash.

There’s no way they’re taking zero dollars to go to Gonzaga vs kanas or other blue bloods

the Q

Reaction Score
Show some proof. Uneducated assumption does nothing.

You mean besides the fact that we know too prospects are consistently being paid to go to certain schools?

Like the fbi investigation?

You think kids are turning down big dollars to go to Gonzaga?

Try educating yourself next time.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You mean besides the fact that we know too prospects are consistently being paid to go to certain schools?

can you point me to more info on these two?

Reaction Score

So your assumption is that because some do it that they all do it. That's not too much of a stretch.

Reaction Score

Mark Few has been winning in the tournament since the 90’s and he had no Top 100 recruits back then.

He has formulated his teams off of transfers and underrated high school prospects.

He has never had to cheat and never will. He built it up the hard way and that is what makes him so impressive. That is why kids want to play for him.

I’ve met him before. He is a blue collar, grind it out, honest type of dude.

Nothing like Calipari, Sean Miller, Will Wade. But you can go ahead and keep talking trash out of assumption and envy if you like

the Q

Reaction Score
Mark Few has been winning in the tournament since the 90’s and he had no Top 100 recruits back then.

He has formulated his teams off of transfers and underrated high school prospects.

He has never had to cheat and never will. He built it up the hard way and that is what makes him so impressive. That is why kids want to play for him.

Nothing like Calipari, Sean Miller, Will Wade. But you can go ahead and keep talking trash out of assumption and envy if you like

spare me the self righteous nonsense.

It’s one thing to find the underrated guys.

It’s another to play in the Suggs, Holmgren sandbox

You sound like the duke fans about Zion. And we know how that turned out

Reaction Score

People in this place that dont think all top 150 kids get compensated, including by UConn, are just ignorant.

Reaction Score

This Q poster is sounding more and more like Q with his posts.

Reaction Score
I generally hate bringing in transfers and Juco players as it disrupts chemistry, takes them too long to make an impact and then they're gone. With that said, two of my favorite players Shonn Miller (grad transfer) and Johnnie Selvie (Juco) came this way. But for every Miller and Selvie, there's a Covington Cormier. They need to be immediate impactful starting players or we should pass.
Times have changed, if you're not shopping in the transfer market you're doing yourself a disservice

Reaction Score
People in this place that dont think all top 150 kids get compensated, including by UConn, are just ignorant.
Even if this were true, why is that only a select amount of programs and coaches are getting caught? And why do they happen to be typically the same programs and the same coaches??

Are Mark Few and Dan Hurley just better at hiding it?

And then my other question would be, why pick on Mark Few? There are bigger fish to fry out there and 1 and Done factories.

The poster I responded to is more envious than a realist.

Reaction Score

Screw being self righteous. Some people deserve to be defended when someone is spewing out bs and making false claims.

Mark Few is one of those guys. And so is Dan Hurley.

It’s not fair to paint them all them under the same brush as some of the notorious cheaters and slime balls out there.

Its lazy is what it is and you are defending a lazy opinion without any proof because you are being prideful.

You have not clue what’s going on inside their program.

You’re prob just picking on Gonzaga because you’re jealous of their success. I can’t think of any other solid reason

the Q

Reaction Score
This Q poster is sounding more and more like Q with his posts.

Yeah cause it’s more believable a top 5 Recruit took zero money while lesser recruits got paid....

Reaction Score
Big Guard Alert:

Nebraska guard Teddy Allen is on the grad transfer market.

6'6 223, 16.5p, 49.7 2p%, 37.6 3p%, ~40 FGAs are 3s, 4.7r, 1.3s.

Also, Monmouth grad transfer Melik Martin:

6'6 200, 12.5p, 5.7r, 1.5s, 39.7 3p% (about 30% of shot attempts from 3).

Reaction Score
Immediately my #1 target too.

2002 career points with 54.9 2p%, 36.6 3p%, 76.2 ft%.

Played the 3, 2 and some 1 at Davidson. Similar to Hurley, McKillop plays a slow half-court offensive style. Waiting for a co-worker who's a Davidson alum and big time fan to get back to me on a scouting report.
Here's the report from my Davidson alum, big fan co-worker:

* A score-first point guard who gets assists more due to being ball dominant than being a great passer. Serviceable defensive player, but not known for defense despite his size/length/athleticism combo.

Reaction Score
Big Guard Alert:

Nebraska guard Teddy Allen is on the grad transfer market.

6'6 223, 16.5p, 49.7 2p%, 37.6 3p%, ~40 FGAs are 3s, 4.7r, 1.3s.

Also, Monmouth grad transfer Melik Martin:

6'6 200, 12.5p, 5.7r, 1.5s, 39.7 3p% (about 30% of shot attempts from 3).

Thanks for doing all this. Way too much for me to keep track of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22