Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow. Not saying it doesn't appear to be deserved, but I figured guys like Miller and Self were gonna skate since nothing appears to be happening with Will Wade.

I don't know this, but I would guess that Covid-19 distracted the NCAA from spending a lot of time on all of those guys last year.

Reaction Score
Big guard alert:

Stephen F. Austin grad transfer Cameron Johnson. Played the 3 guard at SFA.

6'4 205, 15.3p, 4.5r, 1.9a, 1.2s, 5p.6 2p%, 37.9% (about 30% of shots on 3).

Reaction Score
FWIW, a text just in from my friend who is a Davidson alum:

Schools on Kellan early are Kentucky, Gonzaga, Villanova and Virginia. (post from a friend with Davidson insider info on Grady's transfer plans).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Anybody know whether we are truly in on the kid I mentioned, Tyler Kolek? The tweet said he had heard from us. I know he attended a camp at UConn in 2018. 6'3" and a good shooter and passer with what I recall as superb instincts. Not an NBA athlete. His brother is a D1 player and he was better than his older brother even back in 6th grade.

Reaction Score
The amount of transfers is insane, I'll probably be checking the board every day hoping a certain 1 or 2 Husky players don't go in the portal.

Reaction Score
If we're not going to get involved I at least hope he doesn't go to Villanova. This kid seems like a no brainer.
Maybe he wants to come home and play for a New England based Blue Blood Program ? If Zags/Nova are also interested you know they think he's a legit shooter for their offensive schemes.. I saw his numbers but the BE would be a step up in defensive talent --Looks like he can fill it up.

Reaction Score
The amount of transfers is insane, I'll probably be checking the board every day hoping a certain 1 or 2 Husky players don't go in the portal.

Not supposed to say it but hard to avoid thinking about it. I was cooking up a post for 12:01 a.m. on April 1 but I'm going to refrain for karma's sake.

Reaction Score
Sources: All of Indiana’s roster has entered the transfer portal.
Indeed.

Former UConn target and was actually the last team to offer.

6'6 220 from Newark. 55.6 2p%, 40.0 3p% in limited minutes.

From 247's Jerry Meyer: Has long arms and quality athleticism both vertically and laterally. Has room to put on weight and add strength. Is a good spot up 3-point shooter. Not a great ball handler. Dribble game is primarily straight line attacks of the basket. Rebounds his position well. Should be an above average versatile defender. Could develop into an NBA free agent signing.

My take: Sign him up, please. An athletic, physical and versatile defenseman who can hit 3s and rebound? Yes please!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Indeed.

Former UConn target and was actually the last team to offer.

6'6 220 from Newark. 55.6 2p%, 40.0 3p% in limited minutes.

From 247's Jerry Meyer: Has long arms and quality athleticism both vertically and laterally. Has room to put on weight and add strength. Is a good spot up 3-point shooter. Not a great ball handler. Dribble game is primarily straight line attacks of the basket. Rebounds his position well. Should be an above average versatile defender. Could develop into an NBA free agent signing.

My take: Sign him up, please. An athletic, physical and versatile defenseman who can hit 3s and rebound? Yes please!

We know Hurley loves a Jersey kid. I’d take him for sure.

Reaction Score
Anybody know whether we are truly in on the kid I mentioned, Tyler Kolek? The tweet said he had heard from us. I know he attended a camp at UConn in 2018. 6'3" and a good shooter and passer with what I recall as superb instincts. Not an NBA athlete. His brother is a D1 player and he was better than his older brother even back in 6th grade.
His brother plays DIII. Koleks pretty good and I would definitely take him

Reaction Score
Interesting. Profiles kinda Whaley-ish:

6'7 230, 59.2 2p%, 31.4 3p% (~45% shots from 3), 5.9r, 1.0s, 2.2 blocks per game.
I was just watching his highlights and I said the exact same thing, he looks Whaley-ish. Has a lot of defensive highlights, which I love to see.

I still am concerned about our shooting more than anything, so I don’t know how I feel about another low percentage 3-pt shooter.

Pretty much, I would take him and I like his game, but we really need Hurley to get some shooters with the other scholarships. This team needs more offensive weapons.

Reaction Score
I thought Geronimo was Manchester, New Hampshire a la Wenyan Gabriel, Akok Akok, and Piath Gabriel? My head is literally spinning with all this player movement. (No jokes - maybe figuratively spinning). I loved Hutchins-Everett if the Clingan sweepstakes was getting iffy, and Freeman was his lead recruiter that got him to Penn St. Lucas Taylor I thought would be a solid pick up, Timberlake I thought should be a star. There is so much happening so fast our coaching staff must be out of their minds. I appreciate Carlton and Adams declaring their intentions early and hope we will know about Polley and Whaley and anybody else ASAP. Coaches and fans can't count on anything or anybody at all right now. Kids playing the most minutes possible are transferring. I hope our chairs are full when the music stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom