Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's almost assuredly going to Stanford. Kid is Engineering student and from Long Beach, Ca.
Yup.

“I've been accepted into Rutgers already so it's definitely an option. I've been here the whole time so it's always on the table. If I were to leave the Pac-12 is by my house with good engineering schools, so those would be the top locations. I was looking at UCLA, Stanford, and USC which are the top engineering schools in the PAC-12 that are around me and are competitive.”

Reaction Score
I think this Covid season gave lots of players who might not be that happy and normally would have just stuck it out, a chance to improve their lots. The whole grass is greener on the other side deal.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This thread is going to be 100 pages long by the time the transfer portal closes!

At this rate it’s breaking the Hurley thread record. So many players/options

Reaction Score
We are going to be better next year. Hurley has a full menu of guys on the market with NCAA experience to chose from and we have some open scholarships to burn. He’ll get guys to fill our needs.

Reaction Score
Some transfer portal fun name facts:
  • Three players named Terrell Brown
  • Two players named Tre Mitchell
  • There's a Carter, a Carter Jr. and two Carter III's.
  • Two Christmases
  • Charlie Daniels is available
  • 14 Johnson's and Jones'
  • Khalid El-Amin, Ron Artest, Jamal Mashburn, Glenn Robinson, Larry Robinson and Fred Hoiberg all have their sons in the portal.
To add on, two of the Terrell Browns committed yesterday.

The Pitt big to San Diego.
The Arizona guard to Washington.

First time ever two players with the same name transferred on the same day?

Reaction Score
Update on Felder:

So who has reached out to you since you entered the portal?

“UConn,
Florida, Xavier, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, St.Bonaventure, Murray State, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, Virginia, and a few others.” - nice to see UConn listed as the first program.

Where do things stand as far as a commitment timeline?

“I’m looking at having a firm decision made within the next couple of weeks. Gives me time to field out all the offers, but at the same time, I don’t want to drag it out any longer than it has to be.”

Breakdown your game.

“I believe my game is based on versatility and athleticism. I can do many things on the court at a high level while also being able to play defense with the better of them in the country. Shooting is a skill I had not previously had but I took a big jump this year and plan to keep going in that direction. I had a pretty good year this year, but I know that I’m nowhere near scratching the surface, so a lot can be expected of me in the future.”

Reaction Score
Update on Felder:

So who has reached out to you since you entered the portal?

“UConn,
Florida, Xavier, LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, St.Bonaventure, Murray State, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, Virginia, and a few others.” - nice to see UConn listed as the first program.

Where do things stand as far as a commitment timeline?

“I’m looking at having a firm decision made within the next couple of weeks. Gives me time to field out all the offers, but at the same time, I don’t want to drag it out any longer than it has to be.”

Breakdown your game.

“I believe my game is based on versatility and athleticism. I can do many things on the court at a high level while also being able to play defense with the better of them in the country. Shooting is a skill I had not previously had but I took a big jump this year and plan to keep going in that direction. I had a pretty good year this year, but I know that I’m nowhere near scratching the surface, so a lot can be expected of me in the future.”

I think he could serve a very similar role for us as when Whaley was at the 4 with hopefully really good 3 point shooting numbers--he improved 20% from freshman to sophomore seasons.. I like this option a lot.

Reaction Score
George Masons AJ Wilson is also in the portal hes gonna get a lot of looks

Reaction Score
Am I missing something with Wilson? His stat line doesn't seem impressive especially considering the conference he is in.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something with Wilson? His stat line doesn't seem impressive especially considering the conference he is in.
I agree. Was a full-time starter for only his junior season, was the backup to Josh Oduro this year.

We need a backup big at the 5 and Wilson doesn't have the size (6'7 230) I'd want at that spot. I'd rather have John Harrar or wait to see who else is on the market to get a backup 5 spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Agreed. Looks like he got considerably worse from last year to this year. I'd take the 19-20 AJ Wilson but significant drop off in production across the board, including an atrocious FG percentage for a big.

STATS
2020-21
2019-20

GPMINFG%3P%FT%REBASTBLKSTLPFTOPTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads