Recruiting Transfers - March | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Recruiting Transfers - March

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We really should have our pick of 3/4 wings who want to be on the east coast. Maybe some 2s won't want to compete with Hawkins, but I think that's fairly easy sell to overcome to someone who likes the UConn brand. We can hopefully lock in on our guy and get him as has been Hurley's MO.

Great fit

For example, lol. There's our guy!

He shot 36% from 3 last season and for his career (not sure what Jake is seeing there...) but that's good enough for me on volume.

Reaction Score
And there are many more like him to come
This one makes particular sense with his hometown coming off the COVID year, his position/size, and probably looking for some more prestige for his pro career resume.

Reaction Score
I don't blame him though. Our sets and lack of anything in the half court forced us to rely on him to make a play. The only other guy who was even adequate was Gaff and he's still not a guy you can rely upon.

Cole could not beat anyone off the dribble or get us into an offense, Polley is beyond one-dimensional, Jackson is not an offensive threat, and Martin was horrendous. Until we get multiple guys who can handle, pass, and shoot, we are going to have to rely on just going iso all the time. And our total lack of spacing just played right into Maryland's pack-line style D. The game was over from the opening possession and we never made a single adjustment or make a concerted effort to play inside/out.
Why don't you just say everyone sucks except for Bouk? Would have saved your fingers from overwork.

Reaction Score
Guys we have 3 open scholarships in what will be perhaps the biggest, best transfer market ever, in history. We're going to add at least one impact guy on the wing. We're a team on the rise and some guy is going to see that he's a missing piece. We'll be fine next season. We're going to have SOOO many options. As teams get eliminated and as the tournament ends, the market is about to get crazy. Also don't count out a guy like Polley or Whaley coming back(and they still wouldnt even count towards our scholly total) lol. There is a greater chance that we are loaded next season, than there is that we won't have enough. We are a prime transfer destination right now. Sit back and be patient
david byrne dancing GIF

Stop making sense!!!!

Reaction Score
Immediately my #1 target too.

2002 career points with 54.9 2p%, 36.6 3p%, 76.2 ft%.

Played the 3, 2 and some 1 at Davidson. Similar to Hurley, McKillop plays a slow half-court offensive style. Waiting for a co-worker who's a Davidson alum and big time fan to get back to me on a scouting report.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Immediately my #1 target too.

2002 career points with 54.9 2p%, 36.6 3p%, 76.2 ft%.

Played the 3, 2 and some 1 at Davidson. Similar to Hurley, McKillop plays a slow half-court offensive style.
How tall is he?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Gonna pass on recruiting mid-major wings.

Generally speaking, you can just cut their production in half when they get here.

Reaction Score
6'5 205lbs
Thanks. Just watched the video and was wondering if it would be feasible to wish for 3 grad transfers just like that. Shooting would be less of a problem and we could probably handle teams that play the way MD and others play.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Just watched the video and was wondering if it would be feasible to wish for 3 grad transfers just like that. Shooting would be less of a problem and we could probably handle teams that play the way MD and others play.

I think 2 shooters is feasible. 1 is practically mandatory.

Another shot creator and a backup big that can play 4/5 wouldn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
Which is why I think Hurley should be on the phone with Polley right now. Get that extra shooter without using a scholly. Same goes for Whaley

Id be very happy to have either back. I would imagine the ability to avoid living internationally for another year (and get a masters degree) could be pretty appealing for some right now.

Reaction Score
Kellan Grady has my seal of approval. He is a very good player. Excellent footwork, smart player, and a scorer with size. He checks many boxes. Polley and Grady will solve our shooting woes for next year.

#ReturnofPolley.

Reaction Score
Gonna pass on recruiting mid-major wings.

Generally speaking, you can just cut their production in half when they get here.
Bad take, top 100 recruit who tore it up for 4 years against solid competition, can shoot it, and score off the bounce, from West Roxbury. This kid is a no brainer for UConn. He does all the things we're looking for and is local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom