Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Preemptive hard pass on all these Cincinnati players about to hit the portal

Reaction Score
Yeah, sign me up for him.

Solid role player wing who has a decent shooting stroke.

Didn't we recruit him? NJ kid?

Looking at his stats, I'm not in love with his streakiness. Had 2 20+ point games and 2 30+ point games... but 13 other games where he scored 6 or less.

I've never really seen him play and looked with any kind of critical eye though. Gotta trust the staff as always.

Reaction Score
Yeah, sign me up for him.

Solid role player wing who has a decent shooting stroke.

I'm a bit torn on Lundy. I assume Freeman vouched for him so that's a positive. Good size, and good looking stroke although he only hit 32% from 3. Doesn't seem like a super high level athlete which makes me concerned about his defensive abilities. If he's willing to accept a bench role and not looking to be a star, he could be a good find, but I think I'd rather wait out the market a bit at this point.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm a bit torn on Lundy. I assume Freeman vouched for him so that's a positive. Good size, and good looking stroke although he only hit 32% from 3. Doesn't seem like a super high level athlete which makes me concerned about his defensive abilities. If he's willing to accept a bench role and not looking to be a star, he could be a good find, but I think I'd rather wait out the market a bit at this point.

I’m looking at the ft% as well. Usually a better sign of true shooting ability.

The lack of blocks and steals is a little more concerning.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In the expected Wing/SG spot I’d like to make sure we get a defender, even more than a shooter.

I think we need a big. Agree that Johnson, Springs can flex 4/5, so just take the best guy we can and adjust from there. Some beef would be welcome. Shon Miller type would be excellent. Somebody who can score inside.

Reaction Score
Didn't we recruit him? NJ kid?

Looking at his stats, I'm not in love with his streakiness. Had 2 20+ point games and 2 30+ point games... but 13 other games where he scored 6 or less.

I've never really seen him play and looked with any kind of critical eye though. Gotta trust the staff as always.
No, Hurley and staff never recruited him. That was Ollie.

Reaction Score
In the expected Wing/SG spot I’d like to make sure we get a defender, even more than a shooter.
i really dont know about that. we will only have 2 "shooters" i.e close to 40% from 3, on the team next year in cole and hawkins. ideally all 3 open schollys are filed by shooters with the one possible exception being the big. no way the other 2 schollys can go to non shooters tho

Reaction Score
I don't want to go into the season with 1 strength player, (Sanogo). I want 1 more whether Johnson, Akok, or Springs can play small ball 5 or not. Give me somebody that is over 6'9 and about 230-240lbs. whether he sees himself as a PF or C. We need 5 bigs and only have 4 now. A Tre Mitchell type might be hard to lure with Sanogo on board, but a similar player I'd love.

DJ Harvey and Earl Timberlake are both Dematha. I thought DJ Harvey was one of the best players at Hoophall when he was just a HS soph. I have no idea how he hasn't been a star. That was a long time ago now. Timberlake was dominant with Dickenson last year but only played limited minutes in Miami in 7 games. I assume injuries because he started 3. I'd love a shot at guys like them. AJ Bramah would excite me if we are on the short list. I don't have an opinion on the Penn St kids but obviously the Freeman connection might up the probability that we look in that direction. With Diggins, Cole, Gaffney, and Jackson's handle, give me a 6'5 2 guard shooter, and a 6'6 to 6'7 versatile player. At least 1 guy I'd want to be a multiyear player.

I note that DJ Harvey is a great foul shooter. According to Vanderbilt he made 18 FT on 16 FTA.

Reaction Score
I’m looking at the ft% as well. Usually a better sign of true shooting ability.

The lack of blocks and steals is a little more concerning.

Went 31/8 against Maryland and 26/4 against OSU. There is clearly upside here - can work toward consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom