OT: - Realignment? | Page 18 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
A lot of words were said but Blumenthal never missed a photo op and he became the face of the lawsuit.
Exactly. He was the face and it was filed in Rockville. Google the articles

Reaction Score
Found this message concerning Kansas having options for the B1G and the ACC. I found it funny. This was from a North Carolina fan.

RE: Kansas talking with B1G

You guys are nuts. UConn won a handful of titles this century and has a better market than Kansas with proximity to NYC, yet they didn’t get in.

ACC: Notre Dame or bust

Reaction Score
I agree. Such a move HAS to be for ALL sports. UConn can't allow it's football team to dangle in independent limbo if the Big East & B1G affiliate. And the hockey teams would have to move over as well. Otherwise it makes little sense to entertain the idea.
My parochial view:

As a hockey season ticketholder, I'd hate to leave Hockey East. A great "bus" league, with all venues within driving distance.

Reaction Score
I agree. Such a move HAS to be for ALL sports. UConn can't allow it's football team to dangle in independent limbo if the Big East & B1G affiliate. And the hockey teams would have to move over as well. Otherwise it makes little sense to entertain the idea.
In this bizarro world where UConn joins the B1G, it wouldn't be unprecedented for the hockey team to remain in HE. The B1G hockey schools wouldn't be a fan of a single team out east they'd have to travel to and UConn surely wouldn't mind not flying every weekend. Considering ND is a hockey-only member of the B1G, there's precedent for such a setup.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it ACC schools are meeting to discuss telling ND all in or all out. They feel the UT/OU moves give them leverage.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it ACC schools are meeting to discuss telling ND all in or all out. They feel the UT/OU moves give them leverage.
Why? So they can accelerate ND’s move to the B1G or even the SEC? I don’t see it.

ND could just bring basketball and other sports back to the Big East for now I would presume. It wouldn’t hurt them very much. They’d just have to be willing to pay the $30,000,000 when it was time to leave again like us.

Reaction Score
Why? So they can accelerate ND’s move to the B1G or even the SEC? I don’t see it.

ND could just bring basketball and other sports back to the Big East for now I would presume. It wouldn’t hurt them very much. They’d just have to be willing to pay the $30,000,000 when it was time to leave again like us.
Agree. I don't see how the ACC has leverage. An exiled Notre Dame would likely just park Olympic sports in the Big East and continue playing football as an independent.

Reaction Score
The whole..."ACC schools meeting to tell Notre Dame in or out".....IS BOGUS

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Agree. I don't see how the ACC has leverage. An exiled Notre Dame would likely just park Olympic sports in the Big East and continue playing football as an independent.
Especially since ND's normal share of ACC revenue is @$10M if I recall correctly. The $6M differential between the the ACC money and Big East money isn't all that big of a stick, particularly if ND feels like the that is the cost of maintaining their beloved independence.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In this bizarro world where UConn joins the B1G, it wouldn't be unprecedented for the hockey team to remain in HE. The B1G hockey schools wouldn't be a fan of a single team out east they'd have to travel to and UConn surely wouldn't mind not flying every weekend. Considering ND is a hockey-only member of the B1G, there's precedent for such a setup.
Don't conferences have rules stating that member schools must park their teams in the conference if the conference sponsors that sport? Let''s use Rutgers lacrosse as an example. If the B1G sponsors lax, isn't Rutgers lax tied to the B1G even if being in Big East lacrosse as an associate member makes more geographical sense?

Reaction Score
Really nothing to see here...

"They know the ACC's interest," Phillips said of Notre Dame. "It's been less than bashful since I've been here, but I also respect where they're at ... Who knows where the future's going to go?"
I know how to read. Only posted that link to at least assert the ACC wants ND.

Reaction Score
Don't conferences have rules stating that member schools must park their teams in the conference if the conference sponsors that sport? Let''s use Rutgers lacrosse as an example. If the B1G sponsors lax, isn't Rutgers lax tied to the B1G even if being in Big East lacrosse as an associate member makes more geographical sense?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

The B1G is infamous in the college hockey world for its “if there’s six, there must be a league and you must join” bylaw that blew up college hockey’s western leagues once Penn State got in the game. And if UConn were to get a free pass on that, Minnesota is gonna be awfully salty they had to blow up their Minnesota fiefdom.

Rutgers lax isn’t so geographically out of line in B1G lax, given that its western outposts are Michigan and Ohio St, and the rest of the league is in neighboring states (PSU, Maryland, Johns Hopkins).

On the other hand, the Big East let Miami play baseball as an independent. And of course there’s Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
I know how to read. Only posted that link to at least assert the ACC wants ND.

ok...but I was thinking of Golf...who posted...

And..OMG...who didn't know that the ACC wants Notre Dame?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom