Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
well they did not get Cox (Baylor) or Wilson (South Carolina) or Turner (Notre Dame) and they recruited them very hard...nobody gets everyone they want

On this board the vast majority of members believe that there is no better place to spend four years growing as a student and a basketball player then UConn.............unfortunately the players you mentioned never asked for our advice.......................

Reaction Score
On this board the vast majority of members believe that there is no better place to spend four years growing as a student and a basketball player then UConn...unfortunately the players you mentioned never asked for our advice........

i have no idea why a great player would want to go to school anywhere else...however it does take a special player to play in Storrs...just my thoughts

Reaction Score
The Anna Kournikova of WBB?
I don't know about that, too early in her career to say that, but my point was she has a steadily growing brand while players that have accomplished at least as much in basketball, and perhaps more depending on your perspective, don't. Why is that? What makes her so special? The bottom line is a lot of it is driven by her looks. That's what really got the ball rolling for her... when a rapper was watching a game, noticed her, and tweeted about how good looking she was, and the rest is history.

Reaction Score
well they did not get Cox (Baylor) or Wilson (South Carolina) or Turner (Notre Dame) and they recruited them very hard...nobody gets everyone they want

I've said that many times--Geno has been charged with not being able to recruit in the past--every kid does not want Uconn--Uconn does not every kid they recruit--It's like a courtship--each measures up the other--get infatuated for some time--and then in some cases the romance fades into dust--hopefully without recriminations!! Geno still got the best of the best or made the very good into the best of the best--that does not happen everywhere!!

Reaction Score
I don't know about that, too early in her career to say that, but my point was she has a steadily growing brand while players that have accomplished at least as much in basketball, and perhaps more depending on your perspective, don't. Why is that? What makes her so special? The bottom line is a lot of it is driven by her looks. That's what really got the ball rolling for her... when a rapper was watching a game, noticed her, and tweeted about how good looking she was, and the rest is history.
Really smart people take what they have and make the most of it--if that requires some PR--they do it. Some people aren't as smart and believe what they see or are told. --Packaging is important to sell a product (and if you are selling--you are the product)

Reaction Score
On this board the vast majority of members believe that there is no better place to spend four years growing as a student and a basketball player then UConn...unfortunately the players you mentioned never asked for our advice........
If they had asked for that advice--something in them said--go to Baylor, USC, anywhere other than UConn --as often repeated--Uconn or Geno isn't for everyone.

Reaction Score
The attitude is always part of the package. Stewie might not know what an "attitude" is but Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya knew before, during and after their time at UCONN. DT without an attitude is probably only as good as Jessika Taurasi-her sister. To say Skylar is not in the same conversation as "Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya and Stewie" is really not accurate and depends on the subject of the conversation. For example, if your talking USA basketball National team, when healthy, Skylar was one of the last cuts for last USA WC team. Sylar's in contention for next WC and Olympic teams if she doesn't make it it will not be because she chose to go to ND instead of UCONN-unless you want to bye into that orange tin foil always Anti-Geno nonsense.
Its called ultra ego--does not fly well with opposing fans--DT strutted all around Tn pulled out the UCONN on her shirt, taunted the Duke Crazies--Sue, Tina, Maya, Stewie did it with their game. Stewie after her Frosh year --got it--the IT was confidence i.e. really high belief in her self and ability--give Geno credit for that. He blew smoke at her--she believes every shot she takes will go in (pure Geno)--confidence builder.
Skylar came to ND believing in herself--everyone around her enforced that belief--after wins ( I loved DT doing it but when Skylar did it--she was just a fresh over ego kid from ND. Strutting her stuff.
The crap about Geno being biased --I can't believe is true--look at the Olympic team--loads of Orange, Baylor, LSU, EDD Griner--
and yes lots of UConn and he made it work--and every player on that team had nice words for GENO--

Reaction Score
The attitude is always part of the package. Stewie might not know what an "attitude" is but Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya knew before, during and after their time at UCONN. DT without an attitude is probably only as good as Jessika Taurasi-her sister. To say Skylar is not in the same conversation as "Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya and Stewie" is really not accurate and depends on the subject of the conversation. For example, if your talking USA basketball National team, when healthy, Skylar was one of the last cuts for last USA WC team. Sylar's in contention for next WC and Olympic teams if she doesn't make it it will not be because she chose to go to ND instead of UCONN-unless you want to bye into that orange tin foil always Anti-Geno nonsense.

I never said that Diggins was not in the same conversation (depending on the conversation).
What I said is that Diggins was an EXCELLENT player, but when you consider accomplishments including Player of the Year, National Championships and the Olympics she is not in that SENTENCE with Diana, Maya, Stewie etc.
Conversation? Maybe. Sentence? Definitely not.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Ann Strother didn't decide until November when she signed her letter of intent.

Reaction Score
Ann Strother didn't decide until November when she signed her letter of intent.
That was forever ago. For that time period, November was early. Are we at the end of September yet?

Reaction Score
did someone actually suggest that Skylar Diggins is in the same category with Bird and Tarausi and Moore and Charles and Stewart as a college player?...if so in what way may i ask...just curious...maybe i misunderstood the post

Reaction Score
Who? Back to MW, who has posted onto her twitter sight a voting poll for ND, T and UConn. She's enjoying this too much as far as I'm concerned.

this is the post by the person that posted the poll

Attachments

• 2016-10-04_101723.jpg
    2016-10-04_101723.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 43

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
did someone actually suggest that Skylar Diggins is in the same category with Bird and Tarausi and Moore and Charles and Stewart as a college player?...if so in what way may i ask...just curious...maybe i misunderstood the post
Mostly we were splitting hairs about "conversations" vs "sentence". But... if you want to compare apples to apples (PG to PG) (Skylar vs. Sue) and INDIVIDUAL statistics my opening statements are:
  • Skylar scored almost 1000 more points than Sue in college.
  • Skylar had more assist than Sue did in college.
  • Skylar had more steals than Sue did in college.
  • Skylar had more rebounds than Sue did in college.
  • Skylar won the Lieberman award twice, Sue won it once.

What say ye?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

No - I responded to this quote "No one had a better "brand" then Lobo, Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya or Stewie at the end of their college careers." by saying that I think Skylar did. Not that she was on the same level as a player but from a marketability/popularity standpoint her brand may have been better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mostly we were splitting hairs about "conversations" vs "sentence". But... if you want to compare apples to apples (PG to PG) (Skylar vs. Sue) and INDIVIDUAL statistics my opening statements are:

What say ye?
Ye says statistics, schmatistics. Point guards are graded on making teammates better and making teams win.

Reaction Score
No - I responded to this quote "No one had a better "brand" then Lobo, Sue, Diana, Tina, Maya or Stewie at the end of their college careers." by saying that I think Skylar did. Not that she was on the same level as a player but from a marketability/popularity standpoint her brand my have been better.

why i asked...i think that for someone with no National Championships and no WNBA championships and no Olympic experience that she is the most well marketed player in women's basketball...she is a very good player and very pretty and that sells in America...wish her health and long career...if she does not get to a better team or Wings get some help i think that she will hear the Kournikova thing again

Reaction Score

What say ye?

i say that those stats are true but Sue has twice as many Championships as Diggins and THAT is the measure of a point guard not stats...not to be hateful it is just a fact...just my opinion

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
why i asked...i think that for someone with no National Championships and no WNBA championships and no Olympic experience that she is the most well marketed player in women's basketball...she is a very good player and very pretty and that sells in America...wish her health and long career...if she does not get to a better team or Wings get some help i think that she will hear the Kournikova thing again

She was playing very well (Most Improved Player and 1st team All-WNBA in '14) before her knee injury in early '15. She was not the same this year. This year specifically she was just a very famous average player. I hope she can get back to her pre-injury form.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
i say that those stats are true but Sue has twice as many Championships as Diggins and THAT is the measure of a point guard not stats...not to be hateful it is just a fact...just my opinion
Your not being hateful. Championship is a team award and an accurate reflection of Sue having better teammates (3 Olympians?) =overwhelming for Sue. The individual statistics overwhelmingly favor Skylar.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

What say ye?

Counting stats are for the, well, they certainly don't favor the birds in this case because:

Skylar: 150 games played
Sue Bird: 118 games played.

Playing just 8 games in your freshman year hurts your career totals.

Assists per game are even at 5.0 but Bird's A:TO ratio is 2.1 while Diggins's is 1.5.

Sue was also a much better shooter:

SB: 48.1%, 45.9% 3-pt
SD: 44.8%, 35.0% 3-pt

(Despite all the practice she got at the line, Diggins also was worse than Bird at free throw line: 89.2% vs. 77.9%)

And Diggins took about 3.6 more shots than Bird per game.

Also, Sue won the Lieberman award three times. :)

Reaction Score
Counting stats are for the, well, they certainly don't favor the birds in this case because:

Skylar: 150 games played
Sue Bird: 118 games played.

Playing just 8 games in your freshman year hurts your career totals.

Assists per game are even at 5.0 but Bird's A:TO ratio is 2.1 while Diggins's is 1.5.

Sue was also a much better shooter:

SB: 48.1%, 45.9% 3-pt
SD: 44.8%, 35.0% 3-pt

(Despite all the practice she got at the line, Diggins also was worse than Bird at free throw line: 89.2% vs. 77.9%)

And Diggins took about 3.6 more shots than Bird per game.

Also, Sue won the Lieberman award three times. :)

i thought that Sue won Lieberman award three times

Reaction Score
She was playing very well (Most Improved Player and 1st team All-WNBA in '14) before her knee injury in early '15. She was not the same this year. This year specifically she was just a very famous average player. I hope she can get back to her pre-injury form.

trading Sims might help too...not enough basketballs for both of them...it takes away from both of their talents...both need the ball to be effective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom