Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
cbraarj- - The two teams on the other side of the bracket vs ND & UCONN were Purdue & SoMoSt. ND beat Purdue for the Championship! UCONN should have been placed #1 #1 and ND should have been #2 #1, Purdue was a #3 in TN's bracket, and SoMoSt was a #5 in Duke's bracket. If they were ranked before the FF, UCONN was #1, ND was #2, Purdue was #3, & SoMoSt was #4!
This is what I wrote above in reply to southbendcane:

southbendcane- - - - No matter what happened earlier had no bearing on wrong seeding by a brain-dead Committee. By winning the BE Tournament UCONN was the Conference Champion and should have been placed #1 #1! Each team should have been placed on different sides of the brackets, to meet only in the Finals not the Semi's! And Geno doesn't lose Finals!
RSHERMVIKES, I know the FF teams but I meant just at the beginning. Duke, Tennessee and ND were No.1 seeds for the regionals. So they had Notre Dame as the top No.1. Tenn. and Duke as the 2nd and 3rd No.1 seeds and Uconn as the 4th No.1 seed to start the tournament. It should have went Uconn, Duke, ND and Tenn. in that order. Conn. and Duke won their conference tournaments and we know who beat ND in the BE Final. Georgia beat Tennessee for the SEC Title. You are absolutely right the committee was brain dead. They wanted anybody but Uconn to win.

Reaction Score
"Notre Dame lost to Stanford because they got out played."-That's Reality.
" ND lost to Stanford ,but ND was the better team=a big old excuse!
"ND beat UCONN=
That's reality -rarely.
"ND beat UCONN because the referees did not call the game correctly=a big old excuse!
A favored team losing to an underdog? That is called sports.

I never said N.D. beat U Conn or that N.D. beat U Conn because of the refs? I said Texas A&M beat N.D. because the refs changed how they called the game in the second half. At the end of the half N.D. was up 9 and A&M was in big foul trouble. In the second half hardly any fouls were called and they let A&M play their game. I really felt how the game was called would decide it before it started. I told my kids that before the game. When the quick whistle was used in the first half i felt good. When they let them play and let A&M get physical with the reach ins and slaps on the arms by their quick guards and let Adams throw her weight around i knew N.D. was done. We lost . But call it one way or the other . Not half the game one way and the other half completely the opposite. Watch the replay and see what you think.That is the one title game the Irish were in that leaves a bad taste. The others i knew coming in we would probably lose. And if you think Stanford was better then N.D. last year i cant help ya. Thats either you being bias because you dislike them or something because Stanford had one of their worst seasons in a long time and N.D. lost one game all year . Stanford was better that game but not the better team coming in.

Reaction Score
46 free throws to 13 for Uconn. What does that say,Homejob.

My wife is still miffed over that one---she was angry a Catholic school had such biased refs (she's Catholic)--there is no telling her that Muffet didn't make those calls.

Reaction Score
RSHERMVIKES, I know the FF teams but I meant just at the beginning. Duke, Tennessee and ND were No.1 seeds for the regionals. So they had Notre Dame as the top No.1. Tenn. and Duke as the 2nd and 3rd No.1 seeds and Uconn as the 4th No.1 seed to start the tournament. It should have went Uconn, Duke, ND and Tenn. in that order. Conn. and Duke won their conference tournaments and we know who beat ND in the BE Final. Georgia beat Tennessee for the SEC Title. You are absolutely right the committee was brain dead. They wanted anybody but Uconn to win.

Wow!! That's a pretty strong charge---I sure would like to see proof of that one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I never said N.D. beat U Conn or that N.D. beat U Conn because of the refs? I said Texas A&M beat N.D. because the refs changed how they called the game in the second half. At the end of the half N.D. was up 9 and A&M was in big foul trouble. In the second half hardly any fouls were called and they let A&M play their game. I really felt how the game was called would decide it before it started. I told my kids that before the game. When the quick whistle was used in the first half i felt good. When they let them play and let A&M get physical with the reach ins and slaps on the arms by their quick guards and let Adams throw her weight around i knew N.D. was done. We lost . But call it one way or the other . Not half the game one way and the other half completely the opposite. Watch the replay and see what you think.That is the one title game the Irish were in that leaves a bad taste. The others i knew coming in we would probably lose. And if you think Stanford was better then N.D. last year i cant help ya. Thats either you being bias because you dislike them or something because Stanford had one of their worst seasons in a long time and N.D. lost one game all year . Stanford was better that game but not the better team coming in.
"I said Texas A&M beat N.D. because the refs changed how they called the game in the second half."= A BIGGER MORE DRAWN OUT EXCUSE!
Stop it!
If you "knew" ND would lose coming in you had two choices 1) Send you buddy Muffett some game tips 2) Bet on Stanford. What did you actually do?

Reaction Score

I'm a Uconn Fan--but I've followed ND and like them for many a year--I even like Duke. To the REFS call the first half different in the second half--when they called too many in the first is a fact of the game--often, if not always in big games a REF supervisor is present. (I don't know but assume) The refs and the super talk about too many foul calls and how it's bad for the game etc--so they change how tight they call the game. I've seen this in many games. It was NOT an ND bias.

Do you realize how many years Uconn only lost one game?? Were those all because of bad refs?? Or ND bias.
My wife hated (her beloved ND) because of what she perceived as biased refs only at ND -biased against UConn
I guess that's what fans do. I wasn't sure it wasn/t true that Refs are intimidated at ND when UConn with KML etc lost in the last seconds.

Reaction Score
"I said Texas A&M beat N.D. because the refs changed how they called the game in the second half."= A BIGGER MORE DRAWN OUT EXCUSE!
Stop it!
If you "knew" ND would lose coming in you had two choices 1) Send you buddy Muffett some game tips 2) Bet on Stanford. What did you actually do?

CoCo---Be nice! Even some Uconn fans can be stupid when it comes to their TEAM. ND has thousands of those.
Immediately after a loss I have been guilty of REF beating. Especially at ND. Fans make excuses--some are even legit.
Ignore them--they won't change.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Yup, that was definitely a thing that happened. Her name is just at the edge of my memory. Maryalice something maybe? Maybe her last name started with a J?

Maryalyce Jeremiah or 'Malice' Jeremiah as she was unaffectionally referred as on The Boneyard. The most important factors in determining postseason seeding kept changing under her stewardship. One year it's the team performance at year's end - ND beat UConn in the BE tournament. Another year it's a team's entire body of work over the entire season - ND beats UConn in regular season but UConn wins BE tourny.

Her name is burned into my memory bank. Unfortunately.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Maryalyce Jeremiah or 'Malice' Jeremiah as she was unaffectionally referred as on The Boneyard.

Thanks!

The most important factors in determining postseason seeding kept changing under her stewardship. One year it's the team performance at year's end - ND beat UConn in the BE tournament. Another year it's a team's entire body of work over the entire season - ND beats UConn in regular season but UConn wins BE tourny.

Well, ND didn't win the BE tournament until 2013 :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You all do realize that with all the digressions, branches, etc in both Walker threads and claim in the future for any record will be forever questionable if not down right ridiculous! :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dour Morning from northern NJ all.

Me thinks that the waiting for this pending decision from southern Va. is starting to take it's toll on the usual give and take.
So in the spirit of WCBBs fan everywhere, just hit the play button below and groove to one of my faves from "back in the day." Enjoy the tune, enjoy the day. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Dour Morning from northern NJ all.

Me thinks that the waiting for this pending decision from southern Va. is starting to take it's toll on the usual give and take.
So in the spirit of WCBBs fan everywhere, just hit the play button below and groove to one of my faves from "back in the day." Enjoy the tune, enjoy the day. :)

Good one Dillon!! ;)

Reaction Score
Stop it!

For me to say i knew my team would lose coming in is no different then some of the U Conn fans saying they wont win the championship this year. I heard it several times on this board. I knew my team wasn't as good as Baylor or U Conn in those title games. I thought we could beat Texas A&M . Of course you hope for the best but the odds are against you. I think you half read things.Every time i post something you either misunderstand what im saying or try to turn things around. I never said i knew N.D. would lose to Stanford. That was a shocker to me . I said i knew in the championship games coming in we would probably lose. And why be so rude about it. You act like you never questioned the refs in a game. Im not taking your bait. I thought you were someone i could comment back and forth with in fun but Coco Husky has turned into Cujo. Im really not in the mood

Reaction Score
CoCo---Be nice! Even some Uconn fans can be stupid when it comes to their TEAM. ND has thousands of those.
Immediately after a loss I have been guilty of REF beating. Especially at ND. Fans make excuses--some are even legit.
Ignore them--they won't change.
So now you call me stupid. Wow i come on here thinking i would have fun enjoying conversation with some educated women's basketball fans. Instead i get attacked . Funny how you can complain about the refs vs N.D. with no issue what so ever. But i complain about the Texas A&M game and i get called stupid and attacked by Coco Beware. Doesnt seem fair. Oh thats right im a Notre Dame fan on a U Conn board. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!! You folks dont play very nice .

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So now you call me stupid. Wow come on her thinking i would have fun enjoying conversation with some educated women's basketball fans. Instead i get ganged up on . Funny how you can complain about the refs vs N.D. with no issue what so ever. But i complain about the Texas A&M game and i get called stupid and attacked by Coco Beware. Doesnt seem fair. Oh thats right im a Notre Dame fan.
Reading is fundamental! Unless you became a UCONN fan overnight (I hope not) then @BroadwayVa was not calling you stupid!

Reaction Score
Reading is fundamental! Unless you became a UCONN fan overnight (I hope not) then @BroadwayVa was not calling you stupid!
Even U Conn fans can be stupid when it comes to their team. N.D. has thousands of those. Sounds like our fan base and myself are being called stupid to me. Whatever. What do i know. Im just a dumb N.D. fan. Championships make people smart i guess.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Even U Conn fans can be stupid when it comes to their team. N.D. has thousands of those. Sounds like our fan base and myself are being called stupid to me. Whatever. What do i know. Im just a dumb N.D. fan. Championships make people smart i guess.
Don't be so hard on yourself this is just a BB blog.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Guys, I've recently had a long discussion with one poster who while I was explaining my side began to call, not my opinion idiotic, but me an idiot. I've found that once one person says "F-you" the typical response in, "Well, f-you too" which I also indulged in. The two of you as well as the two of us ultimately realized we were no longer talking to one another (if we ever were), but talking at each other. The truth is I enjoy hearing from both of you and I'd hate to see this color your postings either to everyone or each other.

Reaction Score
Texas was my guess. Her body language in her pics with them seemed more relaxed. Plus another reason that I will keep to myself. Mostly if Tina Thompson wasn't there, then she wouldn't pick them. I think she is a secret weapon that young girls will trust. I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom