Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
To win a NC you not only need good players you need good players who are unselfish and play as a team. You need team continuity, team defense, and you need team confidence and team leaders. This coming season you have alot of good teams and some sleepers who could knock off anybody. The difference this season is how teams develop over the season because in March it will come down to who can execute as a team on both sides of the ball and Defense will come first. If you think not remember the Cuse last season .

Reaction Score
To win a NC you not only need good players you need good players who are unselfish and play as a team. You need team continuity, team defense, and you need team confidence and team leaders. This coming season you have alot of good teams and some sleepers who could knock off anybody. The difference this season is how teams develop over the season because in March it will come down to who can execute as a team on both sides of the ball and Defense will come first.
You also need excellent conditioning - something Muffet's and everyone else's teams seem to lack. You'd think conditioning would be the easiest thing, but unless you practice hard and go hard all the time, I guess a team won't ever get there and have that extra gear when they need it.

Reaction Score
The only real question is this:

Does MW and her family get to keep all the swag from the schools she doesn't choose?

Reaction Score
Notre Dame would have none if Shea and Svet didnt get hurt. 2 first team AAs!

cbraarj- - -Right on! ND fans forget that Svet & Shea AA's & Seniors were hurt! They bring up that ND earlier in the season beat UCONN with both girls playing. UCONN beat them on the "Bird at the buzzer" shot in the BIG EAST Final! Chairwoman of NCAA seeding committee didn't know that UCONN beat ND in BE Final when ND was given the #1 #1 seed and UCONN should have gotten that seed by winning the Conference title!
UCONN was up by 15 at 1/2 time, Geno goes insane in the locker room, team blows 15 lead and DT goes 1 for 15, and ND wins at the end! BUT, and it's a huge BUT, if Svet & Shea weren't hurt UCONN with 2 senior AA's leaders wouldn't have blown the 15 point lead and DT wouldn't have played much in 2nd 1/2 because of the 2 seniors getting preference! ND & UCONN were the 2 best teams there, Purdue & SMoS were on the other side of bracket, so UCONN vs ND was basically for Nat'l Championship and Geno doesn't lose Championship games, either team would have beaten the other 2!
The win would have been the 2nd in a 5 Championship run!
If ND were to win the next 10 NCAA Championships in a row they would only TIE UCONN at 11!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's not the refs.... it's the hand of God!
Wrong sport. ;)

latest

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call it obsessed . Thats a little harsh. I doubt N.D. was looking ahead to U Conn when they played the Cardinals. Stanford is one of the best women's programs in basketball. Its not like it was the Final Four and they were playing U Conn next. They still had a few more games to win after that game. Stanford shot lights out and we didn't have our best stuff. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. Baylor lost to Louisville. U Conn lost some games they were suppose to win. It happens. For you to say they lost because of their obsession for U Conn is odd to me. I guess Baylor and South Carolina lost because they were looking ahead to lol.
Obsession is not a bad thing until it is! There is more of that excuse making loser mentality again: "Sometimes the best team doesn't win."-really? Name the game that : "U Conn lost some games they were suppose to win" and UCONN will gladly say congrats to the other team not make excuses. You don't have to "guess" about Baylor and SC not wanting any parts of UCONN-those are document facts. Baylor took UCONN off the schedule until Stewie graduated and SC got beat down at home by UCONN a few weeks earlier.

Reaction Score
Svet was injured against Syracuse in regular season!! Shea was hurt with 5 minutes left in the 1st half of the BE Championship game! Bird was a gametime decision because of her back! You could see her holding her back the whole game because of the pain and she still hit 2 shots at the buzzer! As for NDs win at ND The Irish shot 46 free throws compared to 13 for Uconn! What is wrong with that picture?

Reaction Score
Svet was injured against Syracuse in regular season!! Shea was hurt with 5 minutes left in the 1st half of the BE Championship game! Bird was a gametime decision because of her back! You could see her holding her back the whole game because of the pain and she still hit 2 shots at the buzzer! As for NDs win at ND The Irish shot 46 free throws compared to 13 for Uconn! What is wrong with that picture?
A nice, if bitter-sweet account of that game. Geno's great point is that UConn might have been better off not going into the locker room at half-time with a big lead:
"I think if the game was tied at halftime, we had a better
chance to win. I think getting up and then the lead
is slowly dwindling, and it's like [choking sound], and
the screw is slowly turning and you could see it happening
right in front of your eyes."

Excerpt:

Reaction Score
How people think about Texas, Ohio and Syracuse this year?

Texans love big hats and longhorns. Ohioians like buckeyes and pizza (in the former Connecticut territory)-- Cuse people--like cold, snow and oranges.
Was there something else you wanted????

Reaction Score
A nice, if bitter-sweet account of that game. Geno's great point is that UConn might have been better off not going into the locker room at half-time with a big lead:
"I think if the game was tied at halftime, we had a better
chance to win. I think getting up and then the lead
is slowly dwindling, and it's like [choking sound], and
the screw is slowly turning and you could see it happening
right in front of your eyes."

Excerpt:

This was NOT a disaster--it was one of those: Breaks Of The Game! The culmination of bad breaks (pun intended) and injuries. It is NOT a game I regret losing--. I regret those games against ND when the talent was there (for UConn) and just could not push the game over the edge to win.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Chairwoman of NCAA seeding committee didn't know that UCONN beat ND in BE Final when ND was given the #1 #1 seed and UCONN should have gotten that seed by winning the Conference title!

Explain how the chairwoman of the seeding committee couldn't possibly know that UCONN beat ND in the BE final? How could you lead a committee that does exactly that...watch and evaluate games and tournaments so that the most correct seeding can be made? I'm 100% pro UCONN but I can't seem to understand where this comment comes from. Is there a news article somewhere where she states "Hey I have the most important job on the committee to oversee the seeding and, oops, but I forgot to check the outcome of that BE final game against the two biggest teams of the season. My bad!"

I mean I'm right up there with ya about UCONN, with Shea and Svetlana things MIGHT have been a bit different but come on...if there really is something that points to this I'd love to read it. That would be a very interesting article.

Reaction Score
This was NOT a disaster--it was one of those: Breaks Of The Game! The culmination of bad breaks (pun intended) and injuries. It is NOT a game I regret losing--. I regret those games against ND when the talent was there (for UConn) and just could not push the game over the edge to win.
didn't say it was a disaster. but it was a blown chance to play in (and therefore possible to win) a national championship game. And of the ~5000 games/year played by D-1 teams, there is one game at the end of the season that everyone really, really want to be in. So, I suspect there are some folks in Storrs and beyond who do regret losing it.

And, while I appreciate that you're a true fan who really lives and knows WCBB and its finer points, if UConn had won that game, in the broadest sweep of history there would not have been a single loss to ND that would ultimately have been consequential.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
didn't say it was a disaster. but it was a blown chance to play in (and therefore possible to win) a national championship game. And of the ~5000 games/year played by D-1 teams, there is one game at the end of the season that everyone really, really want to be in. So, I suspect there are some folks in Storrs and beyond who do regret losing it.

And, while I appreciate that you're a true fan who really lives and knows WCBB and its finer points, if UConn had won that game, in the broadest sweep of history there would not have been a single loss to ND that would ultimately have been consequential.

You are the real author of Dr. Zhivago! ;)

Reaction Score
Explain how the chairwoman of the seeding committee couldn't possibly know that UCONN beat ND in the BE final? How could you lead a committee that does exactly that...watch and evaluate games and tournaments so that the most correct seeding can be made? I'm 100% pro UCONN but I can't seem to understand where this comment comes from. Is there a news article somewhere where she states "Hey I have the most important job on the committee to oversee the seeding and, oops, but I forgot to check the outcome of that BE final game against the two biggest teams of the season. My bad!"

I mean I'm right up there with ya about UCONN, with Shea and Svetlana things MIGHT have been a bit different but come on...if there really is something that points to this I'd love to read it. That would be a very interesting article.

CBear01- - - On the WCBB Seeding Show on ESPN whoever was doing the reporting/showing the brackets brought on the Chairwoman, as they usually do to explain the Committee's reasoning for the seeds/placing. The reporter said why was ND given the #1 #1 slot, and the CW said "because ND beat UCONN head-to-head on Jan. whatever!" The reporter said "but UCONN just beat ND in the BE Championship game and won the BE title!" And the CW said, "Did they?" Reporter: "Yes, Sue Bird hit a shot at the buzzer to win the BE for UCONN"! CW: OH!
I am 150% sure that that happened and nothing could be done so ND vs UCONN in semi's not Finals!
I just tried looking up on youtube the recording of the ESPN Seeding Show but no luck! Also tried looking up a newspaper article on the 2001 seeding still no luck!
Maybe another long time UCONN fan will also explain that scene with the Chairwoman!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
30 point turn around, in a half?? And that's not a disaster? Sounds pretty disastrous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom