Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think for the most part it's simple. Coaches just aren't as aware of the many social media platforms available to these young players and the relative popularity of each.
You don't think coach Shea and coach Marissa know all of the social media platforms that are out there? My parents are in their 40s, older than both of the aforementioned coaches, and they are all over social media way more than I am. They aren't as clueless as you think. I think the ban on twitter is because that's the one where you tend to do dumb stuff and say things that can easily be taken out of context. Even Geno got off twitter because it does more harm than good.

Reaction Score
My money is on she announces and immediately signs during the early signing period (beginning Nov 9). Going to have a press conference type presentation with all the media. She seems to enjoy the attention. Not a knock on her; I feel like a vast majority of signees do it this way nowadays.
If that is the way it goes down, I hope she chooses another school. In my opinion, this is not a good thing and I don't care if all the cool kids are doing it. I don't know what Geno is thinking or saying to her right now but, if this is her plan, I don't want her on our team.
Again, just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think for the most part it's simple. Coaches just aren't as aware of the many social media platforms available to these young players and the relative popularity of each.

As a college coach (not basketball) I can assure you that the entire coaching staff is well aware of every form of social media out there. I coach at a smaller D3 school and we have to go through hours of Title IX training where social media is discussed at length. Then we have to pass a training course online where rules and regulations regarding social media from a Title IX prospective, and NCAA prospective are discussed.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You don't think coach Shea and coach Marissa know all of the social media platforms that are out there? My parents are in their 40s, older than both of the aforementioned coaches, and they are all over social media way more than I am. They aren't as clueless as you think. I think the ban on twitter is because that's the one where you tend to do dumb stuff and say things that can easily be taken out of context. Even Geno got off twitter because it does more harm than good.
I'm older than your parents, maybe, I love SnapChat lol... but I can't get into those dog ears and mouth #nofilter

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You don't think coach Shea and coach Marissa know all of the social media platforms that are out there?
Not only do Shea & Marissa know about all the social media platforms that are out there, both are also expert at swiping left-allegedly!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As a college coach (not basketball) I can assure you that the entire coaching staff is well aware of every form of social media out there. I coach at a smaller D3 school and we have to go through hours of Title IX training where social media is discussed at length. Then we have to pass a training course online where rules and regulations regarding social media from a Title IX prospective, and NCAA prospective are discussed.
So this becomes a question where I need to be informed. Then why bother to ban players from one platform when players are already prone to use and abuse more popular ones? It just looks like that old comedy routine where a man with an armload of apples drops one, bends over to pick it up, then drops another.

Reaction Score
So this becomes a question where I need to be informed. Then why bother to ban players from one platform when players are already prone to use and abuse more popular ones? It just looks like that old comedy routine where a man with an armload of apples drops one, bends over to pick it up, then drops another.

I'm not computer savy but it may be as simple as all of the other social media are not open to public scrutiny without the player's approval......twitter comments can be seen by anybody as far as I know

Reaction Score
Many of The Boneyard have also felt the same way as i do. Enough is enough. Pick a team.
If they all jumped off a bridge --would you?? Only Cattle follow the Bell cow!! (A little Mom and then Texan thrown in--)
Also--more Mom--all things in their own time... Good decisions can't be rushed! Diamond's are a girls best friend .

Reaction Score

Then the straight man comes and picks one from the bottom of his load---Apple sause!!

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm not computer savy but it may be as simple as all of the other social media are not open to public scrutiny without the player's approval.twitter comments can be seen by anybody as far as I know
Can anyone else chime in on this? I'm also not savvy on this.

Reaction Score
If they all jumped off a bridge --would you?? Only Cattle follow the Bell cow!! (A little Mom and then Texan thrown in--)
Also--more Mom--all things in their own time... Good decisions can't be rushed! Diamond's are a girls best friend .
Im my own person thank yo very much. My opinion was not based on anyone else. As a athlete and coach most of my life iv always taken the leadership roll. Far from a follower.

Reaction Score
Whew, that's reassuring. Now I need some ice cream to cool off!:D:rolleyes:
You sound like Hartford/s WTIC Bob Steele---he was always 20o plus or minus a couple of pound--and claimed that eating an Apple required as many calories as one took in.... Spumoni ---I have left orders to make a Spumoni box big enough for me..

Reaction Score
Im my own person thank yo very much. My opinion was not based on anyone else. As a athlete and coach most of my life iv always taken the leadership roll. Far from a follower.

And since that was YOUR OPINION---you own it, and no one can take that from you. this is the Boneyard and we deal largely in OPINIONS--Few have actually been hung for stating their opinions. You are relatively safe. There are actually a few real experts in Data/analysis/ sports history/Uconn sports---then there is Me , bad opinions, bad analysis, no sense of history---but I turn the off-ON and select SNY on TV for Uconn sports--once in a while ESPN/U--When Green comes on I scream at my TV..

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And since that was YOUR OPINION---you own it, and no one can take that from you. this is the Boneyard and we deal largely in OPINIONS--Few have actually been hung for stating their opinions. You are relatively safe. There are actually a few real experts in Data/analysis/ sports history/Uconn sports---then there is Me , bad opinions, bad analysis, no sense of history---but I turn the off-ON and select SNY on TV for Uconn sports--once in a while ESPN/U--When Green comes on I scream at my TV..
You have plenty of company in your fandom and your opinions.

JordyG

Reaction Score
You have plenty of company in your fandom and your opinions.
And in your bad opinions, bad analysis, and no sense of history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom