Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND always had a top notch coach, and she sure worked hard trying to bring top players to her program. She won the lottery with Diggins, no doubt. But the reason they are where they are now is they were the only team to beat UCONN...on a consistent basis. I do not think that is due to Diggins, but more attributed to Muffet and her will not to be intimidated by Geno and Co. With the wins against UCONN, why wouldn't other top 10 recruits want a chance at that too? Especially with captain Muff at the helm.

Btw, I'm totally 110% Husky fan but I do have to respect what ND has done in the last 5 years. Hey, I believe another famous coach was doing the same kind of thing 20 years ago...:p

I have a couple of issues in what you say--knowing full well you are a Uconn fan, as am I. Muffet is/was one of the top 2 WCBB coaches in the country--guess who the other is? The Courant during a short period said Muffet has Geno's number--pure and simple BS.
Muffet for some short periods had better players and some top scorers that Uconn didn't have during those times--it NEVER was consistently beat by ND.
Geno and Muffet knew each others game better than an other coach. Muffet eventually mirrored the UConn system, but the defense was never as good. If anyone thinks Muffet isn't intensely smart--think again. Muffet has been a good recruiter of scorers--Uconn and ND has gone head to head on may top recruits--Muffet has gotten her share--Geno seems to get the better--or maybe he teaches them better

About another poster on this thread---McBride scored against UConn because when she is healthy --she will find methods to score--she is that good. Maybe for a play or so Diggins distracted defense from McBride but for the most part McBride only needed a tenth of a second opening to score---I hated/loved McBride--she is an amazing scorer--I'm not sure of how good an all around BB player she is--I've been too busy watching her score. Although I must say--Moriah--undersized and underweight held McBrides scoring to a minimum until it was no longer a factor.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a couple of issues in what you say--knowing full well you are a Uconn fan, as am I. Muffet is/was one of the top 2 WCBB coaches in the country--guess who the other is? The Courant during a short period said Muffet has Geno's number--pure and simple BS.
Muffet for some short periods had better players and some top scorers that Uconn didn't have during those times--it NEVER was consistently beat by ND.
Geno and Muffet knew each others game better than an other coach. Muffet eventually mirrored the UConn system, but the defense was never as good. If anyone thinks Muffet isn't intensely smart--think again. Muffet has been a good recruiter of scorers--Uconn and ND has gone head to head on may top recruits--Muffet has gotten her share--Geno seems to get the better--or maybe he teaches them better

About another poster on this thread---McBride scored against UConn because when she is healthy --she will find methods to score--she is that good. Maybe for a play or so Diggins distracted defense from McBride but for the most part McBride only needed a tenth of a second opening to score---I hated/loved McBride--she is an amazing scorer--I'm not sure of how good an all around BB player she is--I've been too busy watching her score. Although I must say--Moriah--undersized and underweight held McBrides scoring to a minimum until it was no longer a factor.

Geno can engage in double talk about coaching. He'll say he's an average coach with great players and then he'll say other things. I went looking for Geno on coaching and find one that has Geno and Dawn Staley in a short video and also a fair to middlin' article from Voepel. Check it out:
Auriemma, Staley renew rivalry in 1-2 showdown

I see this as a digression. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Question: Would it be an NCAA violation for an athlete to accept royalties from a T-shirt company? Would it matter if the athlete owned all or part of the company?

Reaction Score
Geno can engage in double talk about coaching. He'll say he's an average coach with great players and then he'll say other things. I went looking for Geno on coaching and find one that has Geno and Dawn Staley in a short video and also a fair to middlin' article from Voepel. Check it out:
Auriemma, Staley renew rivalry in 1-2 showdown

I see this as a digression. :D
This is NOT the standard position or belief about Geno. He blows a lot of smoke for a lot of reasons. He enjoys telling top players how bad they are--apparently thinks this is motivation. In terms of personal beliefs, public announcements, and some attitudes--he is far from perfect. HOWEVER--he has something others don't seem to possess--when I find out what it is--I'll keep it a secret and sell it on the internet--look for it coming soon.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Could it be that Ms. Walker intends to accept her scholarship in person? Like at First Night, perhaps?

Reaction Score
Have we heard of any recruits that might be attending first night as of yet

Reaction Score
Could it be that Ms. Walker intends to accept her scholarship in person? Like at First Night, perhaps?
Sorry I posted a similar topic, I have been wondering myself if MW was going to come to First Night and commit then, hmmmmmm

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Here is an article from 2015 where an LSU running back's family set up an online clothing store. The article "implies" that the NCAA was not cool with it. So my guess is that it would be an NCAA violation.
Leonard Fournette, student-athletes should be encouraged to make money

Good article. Didn't one big time NFL quarterback get investigated on an accusation of selling his signature at signing parties or the like? NCAA delayed decision until after he lead his team in a big bowl game I think. It wasn't "Johnny Football".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good article. Didn't one big time NFL quarterback get investigated on an accusation of selling his signature at signing parties or the like? NCAA delayed decision until after he lead his team in a big bowl game I think. It wasn't "Johnny Football".

Ding ding ding ding. You are correct sir. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
Well, one thing is for sure. Megan knows that there are thousands of anxious basketball fans monitoring her Twitter account. She's been very careful not to give the slightest hint as to which way she''s leaning.
She playing this hand "close to the vest". :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, one thing is for sure. Megan knows that there are thousands of anxious basketball fans monitoring her Twitter account. She's been very careful not to give the slightest hint as to which way she''s leaning.

And that's a kindness for a lot of fans. I keep thinking some coach my help her make her decision, if you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
MW's most recent twitterism in this case a retweet:

Meg W. Retweeted
Dorian Branch ‏@doribranche 5h5 hours ago
When your gut feeling tells you something listen to it! Cause your heart gonna steer you wrong.

Sounds more like dating advice than a thought process about selecting a University. In my youth, your gut and your heart meant the same thing pretty much-so there is that. I see no prophet in attempting to divine anything from the tweets of anyone, but do respect their entertainment value to some.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Honestly thats a darn shame. I dont know anything about this Walker kid... other than she is from VA an she isnt coming to Duke. I poked my head into the thread to see why it was always on the top of the page and why it had so many replies.

Reaction Score
Honestly thats a darn shame. I dont know anything about this Walker kid... other than she is from VA an she isnt coming to Duke. I poked my head into the thread to see why it was always on the top of the page and why it had so many replies.
This thread will be a lot less popular in a few days as the season officially begins. It will become buried by the daily horde updates which will commence with the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Sounds more like dating advice than a thought process about selecting a University. In my youth, your gut and your heart meant the same thing pretty much-so there is that. I see no prophet in attempting to divine anything from the tweets of anyone, but do respect their entertainment value to some.

In my case my gut is a number of inches lower then my heart and projects way too many inches outward from the rest of my body

Reaction Score
This thread will be a lot less popular in a few days as the season officially begins. It will become buried by the daily horde updates which will commence with the start of the season.
Maybe, but my guess is thread isn't going anywhere until the,"Walker commits...." news breaks. IMO this will be much bigger news than, "Kia shows up in torn jeans" or "UCONN beats Pace University 127-12 in exhibition game", and the heightened anticipation will continue until it happens.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Because inquiring minds want to know. She's had us hanging out on a clothes line flapping in the wind since she returned home form South Bend.................and we continue to wait. :confused:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Gabby just logged off Twitter due to the start of the season
Screenshot_2016-10-11-21-40-10-1.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Man, you need to expand your horizons! :D

Reaction Score
Maybe, but my guess is thread isn't going anywhere until the,"Walker commits...." news breaks. IMO this will be much bigger news than, "Kia shows up in torn jeans" or "UCONN beats Pace University 127-12 in exhibition game", and the heightened anticipation will continue until it happens.
When I read your post quickly and saw the 127-12 I thought you were talking about the halftime score of the Miss State game from last year, but then I realized we had only scored half that many points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom