Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
In the past few days MW has begun to follow a number of Texas players, several ND players and Lexi Gordon's Mom on twitter......go figure.......

So no UCONN players...does this mean the social media ban for the women's team had begun already? I don't follow any players on twitter so I turn to this board for the up to date info...since this board might as well be it's own twitter feed lol

Reaction Score
So no UCONN players...does this mean the social media ban for the women's team had begun already? I don't follow any players on twitter so I turn to this board for the up to date info...since this board might as well be it's own twitter feed lol
UConn doesn't have a social media ban. They are only restricted from twitter during the season which begins with the first official practice.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't have a social media ban. They are only restricted from twitter during the season which begins with the first official practice.

I wonder whether ND and Texas have the same no twitter rule during the season? Something as small as that may have an impact on MW's decision and if so that's the way it goes........................

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I wonder whether ND and Texas have the same no twitter rule during the season? Something as small as that may have an impact on MW's decision and if so that's the way it goes....
I think it will play a part with her... I don't think ND has a policy, I think Reimer twitted a whole lot

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This enlightening but occasionally testy discussion (Skylar vs. Sue) reminds me of the advice provided by the immortal lawyer Clarence Darrow to young members of the legal profession. He dwelt on arguing a case in court. Something like this:
"When you have the law on your side, but not the facts, pound on the law;
"When you have the facts but not the law, pound on the facts; but,
"If you have neither the law nor facts to use, just pound on the table."
;)

Reaction Score
She started her freshman year at mercy. Got lots of playing time. Made it to the state finals.
Thanks I thought that was where she started. Mercy always had good teams.

Reaction Score
I think it will play a part with her... I don't think ND has a policy, I think Reimer twitted a whole lot

I checked current player's twitter accounts.............plenty of activity today so I guess ND nf UT players are allowed to use social media for now anyway.....................

Reaction Score
UConn players still tweeting too..................guess they can continue until games start?

Reaction Score
UConn players still tweeting too...guess they can continue until games start?
Season hasn't officially started. You will see UConn players tweet things like "see you in April!" in the next few days.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Twitter is in a tough spot. FB, IG, Snap, etc. are more popular among the younger crowd.
not FB... SnapChat is, IG isnt all that anymore like it was.

SnapChat is king these days

Reaction Score
not FB... SnapChat is, IG isnt all that anymore like it was.

SnapChat is king these days

Most of those aren't open to public scrutiny...............twitter still seems to be a preffered method of communication between recruits and coaches

Reaction Score
If UConn fails to get Walker, hopefully they can get "ONO". An ONO commitment to UConn in 2018 imo, would balance the scales. Judging from the reports I've read from scouting and rating services, as well as from posters that are familiar with ONO, she can ball! I believe in fate. Everyone will go where they are supposed to go. If memory serves, I believe I read somewhere that she is interested in coming to UConn. :cool:

She has shown very little interest as it relates to her college decision.................while many around her had multiple in-home meetings this fall, as far as I know she did none...................from a social media standpoint most of her communication involves congratulations to other recruits on making their college choices and happy birthdays...............actually quite refreshing!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She has shown very little interest as it relates to her college decision.......while many around her had multiple in-home meetings this fall, as far as I know she did none....from a social media standpoint most of her communication involves congratulations to other recruits on making their college choices and happy birthdays.....actually quite refreshing!!!!
Still would like and Oh Yes from ONO.

Reaction Score
that MW is so sneaky.........she has retweeted a WNBA sponsored interview with 20@20 nominees Sue Bird and Tina Thompson (on UT staff)

Reaction Score
Who knows, maybe she is the prototypical UConn recruit..................says virtually nothing about her favorite 10 schools and simply signs with Geno when the time is right.................

Reaction Score
To be honest im tired of Walkers charades as well. She seems to really be about herself. At least Skylar waited until college to talk about her brand. This girl is doing it all ready and even starting her own clothing line. Even her twitter handle I ball Crazy seems like she is kind of high and mighty. The way she has played teams and led them on with the comments and posting pics and following their players. When you think she is leaning one way she throws pics and tweets about another team . Not sure iv ever seen anyone play mind games and milk the attention like she does. I think id rather have Westbrook. Im concerned if she is use to having her way and she comes to N.D. and finds out she might have more competition then she thought and splits time she might not buy into the team concept and cause problems because shes not getting more minutes. Her dad could end up being a issue as well. Im sure he has a lot invested in her being a success .

Walker --is 17, 18 years old--some think because at 18 you can vote you are adult--legally yes--medically not so much.
So --if you don't like the MIND GAMES--don't play the game!. If you don't like that she is "all about herself" there are other thread so tread.
Here my personal take---a kid who thinks of starting her own clothing line--is ambitious, smart and very naive unless she has people in the business to help her. But being naive isn't about age--it's about accepting-maybe thinking you are very very good because thousands have told you so--including 20 or more of the top WBB coaches in the world. That would turn MY head.

I have raised more than my fair share of teen girls--they come in all sizes and all emotional/professional attitudes. I like kids that think outside their current situation--have ambition--and kids should think--their limitation is that which is in their own heads.

Until Dad actually becomes a problem--many on the Boneyard think of him as being very supportive and have seen others take a similar approach to the schools their kids may be going.

No argument intended--no slam at ND--no personal attack--MY OPINION..

Reaction Score
Don't turn this process into a spy novel. MW is a level-headed basketball prodigy. Smart, talented, articulate and attractive...her future is not limited to basketball; but, her near future might be. She's got the basketball world at her fingertips, and that gives her the leverage to connect her passions, business and sports. If may be that her decision involves the construction of the team around her, but she's really able to call the shots, and indulge her aspirations without compromise. If she wants to be near ESPN and/or New York fashion centers, she can come to UConn. If she wants to play for tradition, the best coaches, and players...same deal. But, if she places the greatest value on cowboys and/or a Catholic education, not so much. Tie-breaking criterion: Connecticut isn't Indiana. Amen !!

Reaction Score
Geno said he doesnt see a transcendant player like Stewie coming to or in the college ranks. She is top ranked and these 3 teams want her but she isnt a Stewie, Griner, Parker, Moore, Taurasi or a Holdsclaw. 6 players 15 NCs and 9 for Connecticut. Only 1 for Mulkey, 5 for Summit(miss you Pat) and 9 for Geno. Where should MW go? Uconn has Geno and they dont.

I guess so, but Phil Jackson had Jordan, Kobe etc. Without superstars Phil Jackson might be as unknown as LaToya and Tito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom