Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think Brianna Banks, Kennitra Johnson, and Samarie Walker were probably the highest profile players to leave UConn.
KJ could have been really, really good. Didn't like the bright lights though. :(

Reaction Score
Several "uncool" UConn players still use it. They probably used other platforms like Snapchat also.

Fanmomma

UCONN WBB ALL DAY
Reaction Score
How many here think MW is going to Texas? I missed it, but got wind on here a few weeks ago about a tweet that she had committed to Texas and it was removed before I saw it. I wonder if that really was the truth and she just wanted to complete the process and drag it out a bit? (Not a bad thing, her choice of course). Just wondering...

Reaction Score
How many here think MW is going to Texas? I missed it, but got wind on here a few weeks ago about a tweet that she had committed to Texas and it was removed before I saw it. I wonder if that really was the truth and she just wanted to complete the process and drag it out a bit? (Not a bad thing, her choice of course). Just wondering...

There was never a tweet saying she committed to Texas. Somebody saw a picture with her and the Texas coaches that she posted on her Twitter feed and thought that meant she committed to Texas. However, she was just posting a picture of her home visit with Texas like she did with UConn and ND when they visited.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was never a tweet saying she committed to Texas. Somebody saw a picture with her and the Texas coaches that she posted on her Twitter feed and thought that meant she committed to Texas. However, she was just posting a picture of her home visit with Texas like she did with UConn and ND when they visited.
I'm not in the twitter verse by I recall a tweet from reporter? saying that she had committed to Texas followed by a tweet shortly after from Megan stating that her recruiting was still open & an a tweet from the reporter saying he made a mistake. This was all before Megan's official visits to both UCONN and ND.

Reaction Score
Walker --is 17, 18 years old--some think because at 18 you can vote you are adult--legally yes--medically not so much.
So --if you don't like the MIND GAMES--don't play the game!. If you don't like that she is "all about herself" there are other thread so tread.
Here my personal take---a kid who thinks of starting her own clothing line--is ambitious, smart and very naive unless she has people in the business to help her. But being naive isn't about age--it's about accepting-maybe thinking you are very very good because thousands have told you so--including 20 or more of the top WBB coaches in the world. That would turn MY head.

I have raised more than my fair share of teen girls--they come in all sizes and all emotional/professional attitudes. I like kids that think outside their current situation--have ambition--and kids should think--their limitation is that which is in their own heads.

Until Dad actually becomes a problem--many on the Boneyard think of him as being very supportive and have seen others take a similar approach to the schools their kids may be going.

No argument intended--no slam at ND--no personal attack--MY OPINION..
Many of The Boneyard have also felt the same way as i do. Enough is enough. Pick a team.

Reaction Score
I think there was a reason for her waiting to announce. I think either she is coming to first night to announce UCONN or she is waiting for Westbrook to finish her visits so they can announce nd together

Reaction Score
Many of The Boneyard have also felt the same way as i do. Enough is enough. Pick a team.
And here I thought she was picking an institution of higher education. :)

Actually, I don't think she needs to consider our feelings or anyone else's. A whole lot of kids can't make up their minds about what schools they're going to attend until spring of their senior year. I think she's earned that right as well.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You know what. After this season we have Dangerfield with a years experience and Camara and Stevens and guess what we are so good teams wont wanna play us for a few years. Megan would win NCs with UConn but not playing for some other team because no team will be better then UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You know what. After this season we have Dangerfield with a years experience and Camara and Stevens and guess what we are so good teams wont wanna play us for a few years. Megan would win NCs with UConn but not playing for some other team because no team will be better then UConn.

Yeah, yeah we know, but we like reveling in the existential agony of it all. We really do.

Reaction Score
I think there was a reason for her waiting to announce. I think either she is coming to first night to announce UCONN or she is waiting for Westbrook to finish her visits so they can announce nd together

My money is on she announces and immediately signs during the early signing period (beginning Nov 9). Going to have a press conference type presentation with all the media. She seems to enjoy the attention. Not a knock on her; I feel like a vast majority of signees do it this way nowadays.

Reaction Score
And here I thought she was picking an institution of higher education. :)

Actually, I don't think she needs to consider our feelings or anyone else's. A whole lot of kids can't make up their minds about what schools they're going to attend until spring of their senior year. I think she's earned that right as well.
She is going there on a basketball scholarship. She is going to play basketball for a living. We all know what she will be there for. Pick a school, pick a team whatever you choose to call it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yeah, yeah we know, but we like reveling in the existential agony of it all. We really do.
If Edvard Munch followed WCBB:

The_Scream.jpg

Reaction Score
I check with some kool kids and they said instagram is played out-kind of like fax machines from my day. :D
The new one is Live Stream ... you can see the person live announcing news using the smart phone.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Must be tough for these kids!!! Gonna check some other teams to see if they follow similar rules
I don't understand why UConn coaches don't let them post on Twitter but they are allowed on other "platforms"... weird. They're all the same to me

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Perhaps the coaches don't consider a currently major celebrity -- a notorious tweeter -- to be a proper role model (as a communicator:rolleyes:).

Just sayin'.;)
I think for the most part it's simple. Coaches just aren't as aware of the many social media platforms available to these young players and the relative popularity of each.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think for the most part it's simple. Coaches just aren't as aware of the many social media platforms available to these young players and the relative popularity of each.
are you suggesting the players are being sneaky
text-dark1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member