Raphael Chillious | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raphael Chillious

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Different levels. DK has proven to be a great local recruiter with an eye for undervalued 4-stars/3-stars, which is how he was able to help build that Temple roster (and hopefully our roster) with 4-year players.

Chillious is a guy who can cross the country and beat UK/Duke/UNC/Kansas for a 5-star, top-5 player.

Both are good recruiters, but one has caught much bigger fish.

True, and honestly, I got/get that. I guess my real issue was why Oz thought there was some kind of disconnect. DK was brought into recruit certain types of players, right? Does anyone think this guy was brought into nab McD guys on the regular?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Reading the Reacher series lately. (I'm on a diff book now but look forward to getting back to them).

As I've said elsewhere the like a bag of chips, not great but tough to stop once you start them.

Yes, they are fun reads. That they picked Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher is an abomination. Reacher was the same size as Fishy, 6'5" and 250 lbs. Cruise can't be that guy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, they are fun reads. That they picked Tom Cruise to play Jack Reacher is an abomination. Reacher was the same size as Fishy, 6'5" and 250 lbs. Cruise can't be that guy.
Yep. The Cruise character in the movies is fine, but it isn't Jack Reacher. The question is who would give the role to? The Rock is right size but lacks the acting ability. Vin Diesel would be okay, he's on the small side though and again just a fair actor.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think this guy was brought into nab McD guys on the regular?
We don't know for sure that he's the guy. But if he is, I think the idea is that we'd have a better shot at true 5-stars that we target – or at the very least, not misjudge our standing and thus miss out on local guys like Bruce Brown, Jermaine Samuels and Bonzie Colson.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We don't know for sure that he's the guy. But if he is, I think the idea is that we'd have a better shot at true 5-stars that we target – or at the very least, not misjudge our standing and thus miss out on local guys like Bruce Brown, Jermaine Samuels and Bonzie Colson.

Yeah, well, it's way too early in his tenure at UConn to draw any conclusions.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
Yep. The Cruise character in the movies is fine, but it isn't Jack Reacher. The question is who would give the role to? The Rock is right size but lacks the acting ability. Vin Diesel would be okay, he's on the small side though and again just a fair actor.

Its a super hard character to match to an actor. Brooding, huge, pretty smart, fearless. I didn't like Cruise but haven't found one better. The rock is too muscled out for it. This dude doesn't hit the gym any more. Kind of like the hound in game of thrones. Thats the closest I have gotten. That tude.

Reaction Score

I like the idea of Killings filling the Miller role, plus his Philly/DMV connects with Chillious being a national recruiter with immense DMV connects. Ricky has been doing well down south.

For the life of me, I will never understand why KO had Miller as the point man on Hami's recruitment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Its a super hard character to match to an actor. Brooding, huge, pretty smart, fearless. I didn't like Cruise but haven't found one better. The rock is too muscled out for it. This dude doesn't hit the gym any more. Kind of like the hound in game of thrones. Thats the closest I have gotten. That tude.
Mmm, maybe taciturn more than brooding.

It would be interesting to see the movie character act like the book. JR will kill just out of convenience and it a pretty brutal, yet business like fashion. Definitely an antihero.

Reaction Score
Well if that is an unwritten rule, does it matter? Who was our last white "recruit" who wasnt one of zee Germans?

Reaction Score
I like the idea of Killings filling the Miller role, plus his Philly/DMV connects with Chillious being a national recruiter with immense DMV connects. Ricky has been doing well down south.

For the life of me, I will never understand why KO had Miller as the point man on Hami's recruitment.
I always felt we should've tried to keep Karl Hobbs on board instead

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We continue to add those who can recruit which is nice. However, according to his profile (Washington Huskies) he was in charge of coaching guards. A big man coach still needs to be added...

I think they are just highlighting some of the better players he coached. It also mentions him coaching JayVaughn Pinkston, Andray Blatche and Josh Boone.

Reaction Score
An up as coming Coach I really like who is a CT native, also played college ball in CT and has strong prep school connections AND might be what we need for our bags is Kelvin Jefferson.

I know he just left his long tenured head coachingredients at South Kent Prep School to take on the assistant gig at ODU, but he'did be a nice potential coaching asset on the bench too.

Reaction Score
Dam I was going to joke we need more white players but thought I better not even joke about that. Having said that we don't need a big man coach we need better big man players.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
An up as coming Coach I really like who is a CT native, also played college ball in CT and has strong prep school connections AND might be what we need for our bags is Kelvin Jefferson.

I know he just left his long tenured head coachingredients at South Kent Prep School to take on the assistant gig at ODU, but he'did be a nice potential coaching asset on the bench too.

Another nope.

Probably in his mid-40s and there's nothing on the resume but South Kent and some low-majors. We need much better than that.

Reaction Score
I think they are just highlighting some of the better players he coached. It also mentions him coaching JayVaughn Pinkston, Andray Blatche and Josh Boone.

And even so, if you had the option between a monster recruiter who can't coach a lick, and a mediocre recruiter who is an ace big man coach, you go with the recruiter. Right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom