Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And you keep on genuflecting in front of Saint Randy.

Nope. Just appreciate what he did for this program. He made his choice to leave, and now he has to suffer the consequences of his choices. You are the one who can't seem to let it go. A little obsessed actually. You are not the only one.

Reaction Score
He was 74 - 70 in 10 years

no undefeated season

no 10 win season

no championship won outright

went to a BCS by default......

what about that is above average?

The Edsall bashers emphasize key points, zoo couger actually just mentioned the no signature top 25 wins, and it is a fair argument. But you might want to work on this list. No undefeated season? You are upset about that? No championship won outright? Good stuff. UCONN has 2 big east championships, they earned. Sorry, it is not outright. Went to BCS, by default? No, they went to the BCS because they were the Big East rep.

Focus on the legitimate points criticizing Edsall. Because most of those are not.

Reaction Score
No. We just want his "achievements" to be held in the proper perspective.

Edsall didn't really leave the bar that high for Coach P.

Reaction Score
No. We just want his "achievements" to be held in the proper perspective.

Edsall didn't really leave the bar that high for Coach P.

2 Big East Championships. I am sure some don't consider that a high bar, and on it's face it might not be. But Coach Edsall took this team from it's beginnings as a D 1 program, and I think he did a very good job. Was he Nick Saban? Nope. Did he have flaws? Yep. But he did a ton for this program. Some choose to be bitter, others don't.

Reaction Score
The Edsall bashers emphasize key points, zoo couger actually just mentioned the no signature top 25 wins, and it is a fair argument. But you might want to work on this list. No undefeated season? You are upset about that? No championship won outright? Good stuff. UCONN has 2 big east championships, they earned. Sorry, it is not outright. Went to BCS, by default? No, they went to the BCS because they were the Big East rep.

Focus on the legitimate points criticizing Edsall. Because most of those are not.

Every point I listed is legitimate and if you can't recognize that then you have mid-level, average program blinders on and willing to accept an 8 - 5 season going to a low tier bowl game.

No undefeated season? Hell yeah, why not? the Big East has been absolutely dismal the past 3 years and to not think that we couldn't have run the table on some of our schedules is just wrong, especially in 2010 when we pretty much returned our entire team back

No championship outright? yeah that is a big one, especially being in the Big East, when you have 3 teams tie for the conference and the only reason you won is because you beat this team, but they lost to this team, but the other team had 30 points in this game and well they wore blue on sunday and their eyes are green so their better than this team....yeah it is EXTREMELY disappointing.....

and that leads into my BCS by default....do I think we didn't earn it? of course not.....does it mean less than if we beat every Big East team and didn't have to have other people lose to get it.......yes I think it does

take the blinders off

Reaction Score
If you look at the post I replied to: "He did a fine job. Not a better job than PP, or anyone else, would have done, imho" you will see that I replied to the very definition of average - doing what anyone else would have done. And that deserves a plaque for that, according to that post.
Maybe I overstated my point. He did a fine job, not necessarily better than another highly competent - not outstanding - coach could have done with the same material. I consider PP to be a highly competent - not outstanding - coach. He's not Brian Kelly (although many at ND are questioning BK's competence), he's not Frank Beamer, he's not Bear Bryant. What RE brought is respectability, wins, program advancement, and success. Plus he was the first coach of the 1A era. It could have gone very badly if not managed properly. I feel, because he was the one to do it, that he deserves some honor and respect from this program. He wasn't the only one who could have done it, but he did a good job here, no doubt about that.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This thread proves the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!" was just a sexist statement.

Reaction Score
Every point I listed is legitimate and if you can't recognize that then you have mid-level, average program blinders on and willing to accept an 8 - 5 season going to a low tier bowl game.

No undefeated season? Hell yeah, why not? the Big East has been absolutely dismal the past 3 years and to not think that we couldn't have run the table on some of our schedules is just wrong, especially in 2010 when we pretty much returned our entire team back

No championship outright? yeah that is a big one, especially being in the Big East, when you have 3 teams tie for the conference and the only reason you won is because you beat this team, but they lost to this team, but the other team had 30 points in this game and well they wore blue on sunday and their eyes are green so their better than this team....yeah it is EXTREMELY disappointing.....

and that leads into my BCS by default....do I think we didn't earn it? of course not.....does it mean less than if we beat every Big East team and didn't have to have other people lose to get it.......yes I think it does

take the blinders off

The thing you seem to miss the most is this. RE built a BCS caliber program out of a mediocre 1AA program. You expect undefeated seasons because the Big East was weak?

The more you post the more it is apparent you have unreal expectations. RE built a solid BCS caliber program with talent no one wanted. That seems to escape your posts.

No outright Big East championships? Get real. Besides WVU how many teams won outright championships since UConn joined the league?

Cincy and.....? RU, SU and USF would love to be co-champs.

Me thinks Mother Teresa did not live up to your standards.

Reaction Score
Randy has been a failure at UMD. As for turning the program around next year? I doubt it, he has everything going against him. His players hate him, the fans hate him and the media hates him. Good luck!

Reaction Score
Hate can be a great motivator. He' ll be Coach if The Year in The ACC.

Reaction Score

take the blinders off

Out of curiosity, when was the last time WVU won a Big East Championship outright? I'll give you a clue -- they've won two BCS bowls as co-champ. When was the last time Pitt won an outright title? Syracuse? Rutgers?

Yes, it's easy to do because you pound your chest and say so. And that works for you in your video games.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, when was the last time WVU won a Big East Championship outright? I'll give you a clue -- they've won two BCS bowls as co-champ. When was the last time Pitt won an outright title? Syracuse? Rutgers?

Yes, it's easy to do because you pound your chest and say so. And that works for you in your video games.

So now you're using Rutgers as the example of what we should be striving for?....how low can we go as a fan base?

Saying that no one has won a conference championship outright in a long time just furthers my point

just because everyone sucked doesn't mean we should have too.....at least thats what they say in my video games

Reaction Score
I think it is a powerful statement that when UConn won the Big East tri-championship and went to the Fiesta Bowl, both of the other tri-champions fired their coach.

Reaction Score
I think it is a powerful statement that when UConn won the Big East tri-championship and went to the Fiesta Bowl, both of the other tri-champions fired their coach.

You bet it is. If you apply any common sense whatsoever to the situation, it was a statement by WVU and Pitt that it is unacceptable that a team that is basically an expansion team, with no history, with the second smallest stadium, off campus to boot, in the conference, in a less than fertile recruiting territory, can compete with us on an equal basis.

They fired their coaches because it was unbelievable and untenable to them that Randy Edsall had UConn able to compete with their schools as equals. That is why Stew and Wanny got fired. That is why there is no debate nationally whether Esdall achieved more than he should have been expected to at UConn. And that is why the only belief that Edsall accomplished no more, or less, than should have been expected comes from about a score of people on this board.

I'm focusing on the Giants. Have a nice day.

Reaction Score
You bet it is. If you apply any common sense whatsoever to the situation, it was a statement by WVU and Pitt that it is unacceptable that a team that is basically an expansion team, with no history, with the second smallest stadium, off campus to boot, in the conference, in a less than fertile recruiting territory, can compete with us on an equal basis.

They fired their coaches because it was unbelievable and untenable to them that Randy Edsall had UConn able to compete with their schools as equals. That is why Stew and Wanny got fired. That is why there is no debate nationally whether Esdall achieved more than he should have been expected to at UConn. And that is why the only belief that Edsall accomplished no more, or less, than should have been expected comes from about a score of people on this board.

I'm focusing on the Giants. Have a nice day.

Thanks for settling it. Guess there is nothing left to talk about.

Reaction Score
Bizlaw has the right take on it. And yes, that should settle it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Please show me where I was hatin on Coach P. Just cause you say it doesn't make it true.

"By the way...did you hear...Coach P held a recruiting weekend this weekend but wasn't there to greet them. These are the kind of things I read on the board that make me shake my head." That's what I was referring to.

Reaction Score
"By the way...did you hear...Coach P held a recruiting weekend this weekend but wasn't there to greet them. These are the kind of things I read on the board that make me shake my head." That's what I was referring to.

If you were just a little bit brighter you would have known that comment was directed at the poster who said Coach P was on the road while recruits were on campus.

If you gave it a little thought you would have realized that there is no way that the coach of any team would not be on campus with recruits visiting. Then just maybe you would have realized who the comment was directed at.

Reaction Score
2 Big East Championships. I am sure some don't consider that a high bar, and on it's face it might not be. But Coach Edsall took this team from it's beginnings as a D 1 program, and I think he did a very good job. Was he Nick Saban? Nope. Did he have flaws? Yep. But he did a ton for this program. Some choose to be bitter, others don't.

Two shared championships. We lost to the guys we shared it with the first time by almost half a hundred. The second time we lost to Temple. It's almost like UCLA celebrating their appearance in PAC 12 championship game.

Bitter. No. We are clear headed, it was progress, but it was hardly convincing or dominating,

Reaction Score
Bizlaw has the right take on it. And yes, that should settle it.

You old men who never followed college football before Edsall, need to understand something; some of us actually followed college football before UConn upgraded and we actually know what a great coach who deserves the kind of praise that all three of you heap on him looks like.

It ain't Randy.

Great coaches dominate and win big games. Edsall could barely beat Al Golden and Jim Grobe ran circles around him. Once Schiano got going he usually managed to get the best of Randy as well.

So you guys continue your plans for a Randy statue. We'll keep scratching our heads in wonder.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
rrrrrrraaaaaaannnnnnnnggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn used to be in trailors and soon hes going to be on house hunters looking for a trailor.

Reaction Score
Randy does some things well, but you don't go 1-19 vs ranked opponents by accident.

Reaction Score
You anti Edsall guys come off as spoiled whiny little girls. Randy was a good coach who did a great job of taking a bad 1AA team to where he left it last year. He was not an all time great coach but then again I've never heard anyone make that argument. There are plenty of things to criticize, but the hate on this board makes it impossible to have a rational discussion about him. I think in the Jim/Geno era if a guy doesn't come in and win a few National Championships this is the type of discussion you get.

And if you really followed college football for a long time you'd know how difficult it is to accomplish what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom