Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Randy has now fired BOTH of his coordinators!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To say he did an average job just shows how ignorant you are.

Reaction Score

He was 74 - 70 in 10 years

no undefeated season

no 10 win season

no championship won outright

went to a BCS by default......

what about that is above average?

Reaction Score

If you look at the post I replied to: "He did a fine job. Not a better job than PP, or anyone else, would have done, imho" you will see that I replied to the very definition of average - doing what anyone else would have done. And that deserves a plaque for that, according to that post.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You don't have a clue what he faced on that team down there .
I'm picturing a cross between The Principal and Dangerous Minds. Coolio playing in the background. Player wearing doo-rag shouts "This here team is MY team, and I make the rules." Edsall rips the doo-rag off his head and the player spits on him. Edsall cries out "Not anymore. This is my dream job." Cut to commercial - Under Armor is the sponsor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When are the PP apologists going to get a nickname? 5-7, complete disorganization, a almost comical ability to manage the clock and maybe the flattest home showing in an important spot in program history against Louisville.

People bring up the Navy game from 5 years ago against Edsall... you'll have to pretend you didn't see Louisville's players dancing at Rentschler to start the fourth quarter in front of an empty stadium.

Reaction Score
When are the PP apologists going to get a nickname? 5-7, complete disorganization, a almost comical ability to manage the clock and maybe the flattest home showing in an important spot in program history against Louisville.

People bring up the Navy game from 5 years ago against Edsall... you'll have to pretend you didn't see Louisville's players dancing at Rentschler to start the fourth quarter in front of an empty stadium.

So a coach needs an apologist one year into his tenure, where he inherited a walk on at qb, and running game not remotely close to what we've had the last three years. People are now making excuses for Randy' s results.........at Maryland. You put all of uconn's struggles on P, yet in this thread some are blaming Randy's disaster on the culture left behind by his predecessor. Thar seems like the apologists defined to the core.

If P is delivering mediocre results with no imagination on offense and defense after three years then he should go as well.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So a coach needs an apologist one year into his tenure, where he inherited a walk on at qb, and running game not remotely close to what we've had the last three years. People are now making excuses for Randy' s results.........at Maryland. You put all of uconn's struggles on P, yet in this thread some are blaming Randy's disaster on the culture left behind by his predecessor. Thar seems like the apologists defined to the core.

If P is delivering mediocre results with no imagination on offense and defense after three years then he should go as well.

I'm not putting all of the struggles on the coach, but around here Edsall needed 'apologists' after going to 4 straight bowl games and winning a share of the league twice in 4 years with a trip to the Fiesta. I haven't made a single excuse for Edsall at Maryland, I don't care if he wins, loses or gets fired tomorrow.

The coaching staff this year put a team on the field that was at times comically disorganized, managed the clock like they don't know the timing rules and when the league and BCS bid was still up for grabs the team came out and laid an egg while Louisville lived it up on the road. Were they disorganized on defense because they had a walk on quarterback? Did they leave players in charge of clock management? Posters still put the games against Wake and Navy at Edsall's feet - why doesn't P own the pathetic effort against Louisville.

Maryland did have some core issues that they needed resolved - they hired Edsall for a reason. The academics were in disarray and the inmates were running the asylum. He did a terrible job, he should have tried to change the culture incrementally - instead he blew the whole thing up. Might work out in the end, but it probably won't because it needs to be a quick turnaround and that isn't his strength.

Reaction Score
P does own that. And like I said, if we're seeing the same results in three years he should be replaced.

I see some encouraging signs also. Time will tell, but all I'll say is that the best thing to come out of Edsall leaving on his own is that the training wheels are officially off of this program. Going forward the only that should matter are results. I mean, at the end of the Edsall tenure, each disappointment or critique of the man was countered with a "he built this program from the ground up" type response. P needs to get it done or he will be gone. I'm rooting for him to succeed.

Reaction Score
All this Edsall bashing might make you feel good, but dont be so sure Edsall won't turn the Terps around this year. Despite all the revisionist adulation for Friedgen, that team was a mess. Edsall brought tough love, weeding out the bad apples with the negative attitudes that had the Terps quitting on their season. But a lot of the talent is still there. I say the Terps will be the surprise team in The ACC.

They guys he let stay did a pretty good job of quitting on him this year, too.

Reaction Score
Don't forget all those signature wins against the Top 25.

Oh wait.

no undefeated season

no 10 win season

Reaction Score
Yeah, we'll see. Did they also wear hats indoors?

I heard that some of he players owned IPods and they would download music that had dirty lyrics.

was pretty out of control down there.

Reaction Score
If only it was iPods and dirty lyrics. The fact remains that Randy has a plan and the Terps will do just fine this year. But go ahead, if it makes you happy, keep wishing for his failure.

Maybe it's time to cleanse those jealous, vindictive hearts and start concentrating on what's really important--our team and our success.

Reaction Score
If only it was iPods and dirty lyrics. The fact remains that Randy has a plan and the Terps will do just fine this year. But go ahead, if it makes you happy, keep wishing for his failure.

Maybe it's time to cleanse those jealous, vindictive hearts and start concentrating on what's really important--our team and our success.

Nevermind them Larry. Everyday you see coaches take a below average 1-AA team and transform them into a very competitive BCS conference team. I guess the top tier talent RE brought in was the reason he had such success.

By the way...did you hear...Coach P held a recruiting weekend this weekend but wasn't there to greet them. These are the kind of things I read on the board that make me shake my head.

Let the haters hate.

Reaction Score
Thanks Jimbo but I'm so intrigued with the Edsall schadenfreude out there its hard to let it go. :>)

Reaction Score
Thanks Jimbo but I'm so intrigued with the Edsall schadenfreude out there its hard to let it go. :>)

It would be so much easier to do if it didn't come across that some posters would Rather see P fail, so they could rub it in our faces of how "good" we had it with Edsall. After UMD beat Miami you could see chests puffing out. Too bad for them and Edsall that was the highlight of the season and he proceeded to lay an egg from there on out.

Reaction Score
It would be so much easier to do if it didn't come across that some posters would Rather see P fail, so they could rub it in our faces of how "good" we had it with Edsall. After UMD beat Miami you could see chests puffing out. Too bad for them and Edsall that was the highlight of the season and he proceeded to lay an egg from there on out.

One question, and I mean this seriously. Do you really think there are posters here who would take more joy in rubbing something in your face than having UConn win football games? That are wasting their UConn sports budget because they don't want to see it succeed? Why are my concerns about P as a coach, which I think have been moderated in presentation, somehow less valid than Palatine's or someone elses's just because that person didn't like Edsall?

Reaction Score
That's not how I feel Noey. I absolutely want PP to succeed in moving the Huskies to major bowls and championships. But the success bar at UConn was set higher and sooner by Randy Edsall than most anticipated. After a BCS Bowl, it was a bitter pill to stay home this year. So yes, both the Huskies and Terps took a hit this year and lots of fingers are busy pointing out the failures. But other signs point to improvement---and there's the rub. While some here would like to see one or both coaches flop, I don't wish for either to fail.

Reaction Score

How many years did we spend reading posters who rooted for RE to fail almost from the git go? It was constant. Now the haters are in their glory with RE having a nightmare year. I hope everyday for Coach P to succeed. I couldn't take 5 years like this last year. During our 2 down years in a row with RE the haters thought it was Xmas everyday.

How anyone could root for RE to fail after all he's done for UConn football is beyond me. For those who think he was average I'll say it again. You're ignorant. Not winning a BE championship outright and going to a BCS Bowl by default says all people need to know about your FB knowledge.

Reaction Score
How many years did we spend reading posters who rooted for RE to fail almost from the git go? It was constant. Now the haters are in their glory with RE having a nightmare year. I hope everyday for Coach P to succeed. I couldn't take 5 years like this last year. During our 2 down years in a row with RE the haters thought it was Xmas everyday.

How anyone could root for RE to fail after all he's done for UConn football is beyond me. For those who think he was average I'll say it again. You're ignorant. Not winning a BE championship outright and going to a BCS Bowl by default says all people need to know about your FB knowledge.

Personally, I'm not concerned whether Edsall succeeds or fails. Other than week #3 (I believe) of next season. And, personally, I will have no mixed feelings whatsoever when we kickoff that Saturday.

Reaction Score
I heard that some of he players owned IPods and they would download music that had dirty lyrics.

**** was pretty out of control down there.

You have no idea what you are talking about. But keep going.

Reaction Score
Here is the thing. When Randy was here, whenever there were complaints about the development of the offense or lack thereof, the punt protection schemes which took years to fix, the recruiting battles against other BCS schools that he never won. There wad always some built in excuse for him.

I dont reply believe some here people want to see UConn fail, but I do believe that some here want to insist that Edsall is a so much better coach than P with no evidence whatsoever. It took Edsall years to fix the punt protection schemes.

Too many here ate Edsall 's pet line that every failure was a result of non execution by players. He took exception when the local media questioned him, and the board had a faction that supported him no matter what he said.

Like I said earlier the BEST thing that came of Edsall leaving was that the handicaps that either Edsall or those that supported him created left with him. The only thing that will matter going forward is results. Everytime something goes wrong the defense wont be "do you realize what Edsall had to overcome to get us to this point?"

Believe me, if P is stinking up the joint in year three like he did this year, ill b calling for him to hit the road and bring in some fresh blood.

Reaction Score

no undefeated season

no 10 win season

What do you mean by "went to a BCS by default"? That WE didn't EARN it? or the BCS shouldn't have had the Big East champion? You're wrong either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom