Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change” | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just about every business has figured out a reasonably low risk, safe way to make it work. The ones that haven’t are shutting their doors for good. You just can’t function in this environment in a “no change” mindset. Time for a change for UConn Football?

Yes. Start with Edsall

Reaction Score
Stop spewing your crazy bs. Conn. has done a great job managing the pandemic. We've had some of the lowest infection rates in the country for some time. There is no way we could have played football this season after the better part of our season was cancelled. Was the ACC afraid to play us?
Yeah, right. Now go to your room and mask up.

Reaction Score
Big meeting early next week for Chief. Stayed tuned. Will UConn take their skirts off?

UConn deciding to play would be step one but then you need opponents. Deciding to play before having some games lined up at the time of announcing the decision would be a mistake. The players need to be part of this decision.

C

Chief00

UConn deciding to play would be step one but then you need opponents. Deciding to play before having some games lined up at the time of announcing the decision would be a mistake. The players need to be part of this decision.
If the UMass AD is to be believed, his phone is ringing off the hook.

Reaction Score
If the UMass AD is to be believed, his phone is ringing off the hook.
Well, it is almost a week since they announced they will be playing football this fall. How many games announced? 0. If his phone was ringing off the hook, how come no games have been announced?

Look, I think UConn should play a couple of games this fall, but you won’t see any P5 games. Probably no G5 teams in a conference. No FCS teams close to us are playing. Maybe 3 or 4 games: UMass, BYU, Liberty, possibly Army, but let’s not pretend the possible schedule would be easy to develop or be attractive.

C

Chief00

Well, it is almost a week since they announced they will be playing football this fall. How many games announced? 0. If his phone was ringing off the hook, how come no games have been announced?

Look, I think UConn should play a couple of games this fall, but you won’t see any P5 games. Probably no G5 teams in a conference. No FCS teams close to us are playing. Maybe 3 or 4 games: UMass, BYU, Liberty, possibly Army, but let’s not pretend the possible schedule would be easy to develop or be attractive.
We don’t know yet who’s calling UMass. This week is big. Again, this season, the important thing is to play. What recruit is going to commit to a school best known as the first one to cancel their season? When 127 out of 130 decided not to. Benedict effectively eliminated himself from many jobs by taking the lead on that one.

Reaction Score
We don’t know yet who’s calling UMass. This week is big. Again, this season, the important thing is to play. What recruit is going to commit to a school best known as the first one to cancel their season? When 127 out of 130 decided not to. Benedict effectively eliminated himself from many jobs by taking the lead on that one.
We don’t who is calling, but we know who is not based on how conferences have laid out their plans for the season.

Reaction Score
Here are the facts. Gov. Ron DeSantis also tweeted about the update, saying people in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 to 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance. These numbers are right from the CDC. The problem is all we here about are deaths and death rates. College age kids and younger 99.997% survival rate. Everyone says follow the science. The problem is if 1 kid is hospitalized, that becomes the focal point, not the 100,000 that were not. So every time a kid gets a concussion playing football we should suspend football forever. Let's be real about this. These kids are more apt to spread it if they catch it going home, because they are not playing football, so let's stop the narrative they will spread it to loved ones - playing football keeps them away from loved ones, not playing sends a kid home for a weekend here and there.

The NCAA has now spoken. No kid playing football in the fall will use up a year of eligibility. Here is UConn sitting on the sidelines, blowing a chance to get betteer on the field and not use any eligibility. Who cares if we are able to schedule 2 games or 10 games any games matter, no games is utter stupidity! You wonder why the UConn football program is circling the drain? Look at your AD, look at your Coach, look at your President. Edsall comes out like a dicator, we will not change! Our coach is at the bottom of the food chain, and the entire issue shows just how inept and weak thinking our leaders are. Is there a 99.997% chance that a player won't die from playing football for any reason? probably, well guess what, that is the odds of dying from catching covid. Wake the hell up!
Couldn't agree more. And to those that point to the risk for coaches and staff, they do not have to participate. They can opt out.

Reaction Score
When do we extend HCRE2.0's contract.? Goes from 9 losses, to 11 losses to 10 losses to none! Far beyond my expectations for year 4. Can't have a lame duck head coach going into 2021!

C

Chief00

When do we extend HCRE2.0's contract.? Goes from 9 losses, to 11 losses to 10 losses to none! Far beyond my expectations for year 4. Can't have a lame duck head coach going into 2021!
Does that qualify him for any of those bonus clauses - improving loses etc - LOL

C

Chief00

Goofballs assume all 127 playing wanted to play. We'll score behavioral points with some in the future.
Utah said t
[URL

Goofballs assume all 127 playing wanted to play. We'll score behavioral points with some in the future.
You are on the wrong side of history.

Reaction Score

It’s not about how attractive the schedule would be, as there won’t be any fans in the stands you need to attract. It’s about a team and a group of coaches who probably need the reps more than any program in America getting some of them back without a loss of eligibility.

Anybody that buys into this fan fiction that Uconn can take a year and a half off from competition and somehow be better has probably never competed at a high level in anything.

Every program in America lifts weights and practices. How in the actual F do you get better at football without playing football games? Schedule whomever you can and get better on the field. Otherwise don’t be stunned when you’re playing nail biters against teams like Maine.

Reaction Score
Maybe you should polish up the old Resume, for the possibility of an opening in the Athletic Dept. AD Chief00 - proponent of "The Grind" and Blaze Pizza.

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake Benedict ever made was not naming Rhett head coach. My guess is he wanted to but at the time thought it was a stretch. Should have.
You got a point... I love Edsall's ability to instill discipline and run the straight and narrow, developing young men into grown responsible ones, but Lashlee being HC probably should've been the option to go with at that moment in time. and I love Edsall, it was just the right thing to do for this program. But, we can't cry over spilled milk at this point. Lashlee's O is lighting things up in Miami now...

C

Chief00

Maybe you should polish up the old Resume, for the possibility of an opening in the Athletic Dept. AD Chief00 - proponent of "The Grind" and Blaze Pizza.
But my point is - he is probably here for the long term now since he is now less marketable.

Reaction Score
As pro Edsall as I am, we need to see what we used to see once he got the program going... NOW... I'd rather hear folks complain about how boring we look (but we're winning) rather than accepting losing on the final scoreboard a lot.

Reaction Score
We have the visibility of a former QB who went to the NFL doing NFL commentary for a while and now the UConn football program is doomed.

We must have the most emo message board fanbase in college football.

Reaction Score
You got a point... I love Edsall's ability to instill discipline and run the straight and narrow, developing young men into grown responsible ones, but Lashlee being HC probably should've been the option to go with at that moment in time. and I love Edsall, it was just the right thing to do for this program. But, we can't cry over spilled milk at this point. Lashlee's O is lighting things up in Miami now...
I honestly don’t think Lashlee wanted to be here. It was only a stepping stone to earn some bank and wait for something more southern

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hmmm, interesting - bet a shipment lands in the arms of AD David Benedict and Mr Hurley.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom