Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
@Drew - Randy's quotes of the day are often directed at recent events. This one smells like its targeted at you sir.

The guy that left UConn in the middle of the night and told nobody is subtweeting one of the only hardcore fans of his program on Twitter because he's too spineless to stand up for his team.

Randy can pound sand.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The guy that left UConn in the middle of the night and told nobody is subtweeting one of the only hardcore fans of his program on Twitter because he's too spineless to stand up for his team.

Randy can pound sand.
Lets see what we get tomorrow.

Reaction Score
At least you guys get to complain incessantly again about something. The 'Yard wouldn't be the 'Yard without it.
So true the few that keep banging their heads against the wall and blaming Randy because their headache won't go away. Our position is simply not one of playing last minute games under any conditions. It would be more detrimental than advantageous. Even the most mighty are having toe stubs. ;)
Notre Dame football game postponed after positive tests

The ones still bi$chi#g about how Randy left have no clue of what was going on between Randy and Hathaway.

Reaction Score
Think of all the benefits Houston is getting this year by playing. Can’t believe UConn isnt. playing. Oh. For those not keeping track Houston just had their fourth ‘opener’ cancelled. They have played the exact same number of games this year as our beloved Huskies.

Reaction Score
I understand the coaching staff, but at the same time other states have tough guidelines and schools are playing. I just hope this doesn't hurt recruiting as one recruit has already de-committmented and hopeful no more players leave or others de-commit

Bill,

The decommit was not going to be here until next year so cancelling this season shouldn't have an effect on him.

It was said that the players were for cancelling the season as well, so if that wasn't true, there would be grumblings from players and families.

I'd like to hear from @Nostical as he usually has the ear of the families.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Think of all the benefits Houston is getting this year by playing. Can’t believe UConn isnt. playing. Oh. For those not keeping track Houston just had their fourth ‘opener’ cancelled. They have played the exact same number of games this year as our beloved Huskies.
For the record, all I wanted to see was one or two games in November. A couple of games to make this fall red shirt season have more focus for development. Would these hypothetical games have been cancelled because of COVid? Yeah- as of this hour it seems like it would have been a 50/50 proposition.

Reaction Score
The school seems firm - we are not playing.

I disagree, but all the yelling in the world won’t change things. I just wish they had given it a go - we are far too often and too willing to be the Charlie Brown of CFB. Going independent as a regional, at best, program requires you remain relevant. Bring the first to quit does not help.

Frankly, keep wondering why I log on to BY regularly. No games, no news from practices, no recruiting. So f’g frustrating how comfy some are with the way we run an athletic dept.

Reaction Score
Players changed their minds.

A big problem with this shutdown is that only 20% of those infected are asymptomatic. Had people been responsible, this could have been easily been contained. But instead, people have "COVID parties".

I am tired of boosting egos of others but I say let them play.

Reaction Score
So I’m take a guess here now that everyone’s started back up the players want to play but don’t want to go against they’re coach publicly due to it possibly affecting playing time etc. is this whole let’s sit the season out a ploy to protect jobs more than it is about safety. It seems to be working for the most part for other teams. With teams needing filler games I’m sure a schedule can get out together. I have a gut feeling there’s a bigger picture to it than Covid. Any takers

C

Chief00

It really is amazing that he hasn't gotten better at this in all the years he has been a head coach.

This decision isn't easy...and I have to admit I keep changing my mind on this. I watch a game on TV and I think..."look... they're doing it". Then I read that ND cancelled their game due to issues. And I read about all the logistics of addressing an outbreak. Constant testing and quarantining....is it worth it to play a game against UMass?
Probably not.

Just about every business has figured out a reasonably low risk, safe way to make it work. The ones that haven’t are shutting their doors for good. You just can’t function in this environment in a “no change” mindset. Time for a change for UConn Football?

C

Chief00

Randy can pound sand.
That’s a great response.

C

Chief00

Really, MAC too?

Yes, we are a leader at the bottom of the pile - 3 of 130. Do people still don’t believe @Chief00 that the UConn players are no different than players at 127 other schools and want to play?
These are the same clowns, who still believe Todman abandon the team in AZ and not the Head Coach.
It’s the same MO.

Reaction Score
Yes, we are a leader at the bottom of the pile - 3 of 130. Do people still don’t believe @Chief00 that the UConn players are no different than players at 127 other schools and want to play?
These are the same clowns, who still believe Todman abandon the team in AZ and not the Head Coach.
It’s the same MO.
UConn absolutely made the right decision not to play this fall. The pandemic is far from over and there is much more to lose than there is to gain by playing this year... for a host of reasons. You gotta be pretty myopic not to see it. Glad we have responsible adults making these decisions.

C

Chief00

UConn absolutely made the right decision not to play this fall. The pandemic is far from over and there is much more to lose than there is to gain by playing this year... for a host of reasons. You gotta be pretty myopic not to see it. Glad we have responsible adults making these decisions.
Being advised by same responsible adults (CT Health Dept) that has the 4th highest Covid-19 fatality rate in the country. Maybe listen to someone else with a better track record?

C

Chief00

Bill,

The decommit was not going to be here until next year so cancelling this season shouldn't have an effect on him.

It was said that the players were for cancelling the season as well, so if that wasn't true, there would be grumblings from players and families.

I'd like to hear from @Nostical as he usually has the ear of the families.
You can take it as a Confirm, the players feel they were sold a bill of goods. Nothing that they were told, proved to be true.

Reaction Score
Being advised by same responsible adults (CT Health Dept) that has the 4th highest Covid-19 fatality rate in the country. Maybe listen to someone else with a better track record?
Maybe you are spending too much time predicting MBB recruits (although appreciated) and aren't aware of how CT has been handling the pandemic (CDC recommends 5-10% positive cases and under 2% fatalities as goals for states). Here's a recent snapshot of CT:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200925-194346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200925-194346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
lol Kent state will play football this fall but UConn won’t. Can’t make this up

C

Chief00

Maybe you are spending too much time predicting MBB recruits (although appreciated) and aren't aware of how CT has been handling the pandemic. Here's a recent snapshot:
That’s the virus curve after a high death rate. All states that screwed up have that curve including NJ, NY and MA. The 3 states with the highest death rates per 100,000. CT did the 4th worse job.

Reaction Score
Stop spewing your crazy bs. Conn. has done a great job managing the pandemic. We've had some of the lowest infection rates in the country for some time. There is no way we could have played football this season after the better part of our season was cancelled. Was the ACC afraid to play us?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Maybe you should listen to a football player who possibly contracted this from playing football?

But that wasn’t Marty Hoge’s primary reason for taking to Twitter and Instagram a few days before the Cougars will host Troy on Saturday at LaVell Edwards Stadium.

“You gotta take (COVID-19) seriously,” Marty Hoge said. “The world needs to take it seriously. Believe me, it is no joke.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom