Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall: “We’re not changing. We’re not going to change”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kinda wild how some here are so adamant with not playing. Just turning their noses at the possibility of playing a few games to get the team some real reps. I'm not sure if they're really that worried about the virus or just being protective of the AD, Randy and the players. Like they know the team is still terrible and any chance that may expose them is too risky. But then these fans still have unreal expectations that all the working out and practice with no real games for almost two years will make them a good team next year.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reaction Score
"Do you even know how bad this team is compared to Pasqualoni and Diaco? Even in the year Diaco got fired we beat Virginia and Cincinnati. I mean let that sink in for a second- we beat 2 FBS teams in the last year of the Diaco era (which was an abomination), one of which is a P5."

A win against Cincinnati during the anomalous Tommy Tuberville era doesn't count.
Be careful not to badmouth PP or Diaco because @Drew might get his panties in a bunch because one or both were his coach when he rode the bench for UCONN.

Reaction Score
All of this whining and complaining and pain on here will be assuaged when Spring/Summer 2021 roll around. Then when Aug 28th comes we will all forget about this brief period in time and be excited to go up against Fresno.

Enjoy whatever football comes on this Fall and hope the team is building themselves up to be competitive in 2021

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you want to blame someone for this mess look no further than Warde Manuel!
He reacted too quick and fired Pasqualoni after Buffalo game. That team would hung with Michigan at home and ended up winning three straight at the end of the season! If they didn’t have the distraction of an in season firing and coaching shake up they would have won at least 5 games. Pasqualoni issue was not recruiting!
Then Warde hires Diaco and the recruited talent drops to new low level!

PP deserved to be fired after Buffalo. His players were so I'll prepared they were getting injured on the field.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Be careful not to badmouth PP or Diaco because @Drew might get his panties in a bunch because one or both were his coach when he rode the bench for UCONN.
Lmfao you are a joke of a human. Seriously.@UCSouth

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On whether to play a game or two this Fall or in Spring: RE will softly sabotage any efforts to play. It's all about collecting as much money as possible over the longest period of time, so why advertise how bad the team is and accelerate the timing of his inevitable firing.
On the Diaco vs RE debate and was Diaco so much worse: RE says the "cupboard was bare" when he got here, but look at last weekend Miami vs Louisville--Cam Degeorge starting for LV. Tyler Davis and Matt Peart in NFL. Is there anyone on the current roster who could start for a Power 5 team let alone make the NFL? And in that LV game, Rhett Lashlee recognized as one of the brighter offesnive minds in college as the U puts up 47 points. RE could not retain him! Diaco was crazy but a better judge of talent than RE will ever be.

C

Chief00

On whether to play a game or two this Fall or in Spring: RE will softly sabotage any efforts to play. It's all about collecting as much money as possible over the longest period of time, so why advertise how bad the team is and accelerate the timing of his inevitable firing.
On the Diaco vs RE debate and was Diaco so much worse: RE says the "cupboard was bare" when he got here, but look at last weekend Miami vs Louisville--Cam Degeorge starting for LV. Tyler Davis and Matt Peart in NFL. Is there anyone on the current roster who could start for a Power 5 team let alone make the NFL? And in that LV game, Rhett Lashlee recognized as one of the brighter offesnive minds in college as the U puts up 47 points. RE could not retain him! Diaco was crazy but a better judge of talent than RE will ever be.
Biggest mistake Benedict ever made was not naming Rhett head coach. My guess is he wanted to but at the time thought it was a stretch. Should have.

Reaction Score
PP deserved to be fired after Buffalo. His players were so I'll prepared they were getting injured on the field.
Coaches coach, players play and when you come off a high energy home game in which you just fall short a team can get blown out on the road. Unfortunately emotions run high. You guys can criticize RE all you want but no one should be knocking our current players who haven’t even been able to play a game this year. This thread is going down a bad path trying to compare recruiting classes.

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake Benedict ever made was not naming Rhett head coach. My guess is he wanted to but at the time thought it was a stretch. Should have.

He should have but yet Rhett is still an OC.. makes sense lol

C

Chief00

At this juncture you have feel bad for the kids. it’s only to get harder as more come on line this week and over the next month. They will see their peers playing and certainly question the university’s commitment to them.
Absolutely, this decision will go down in the record books as having far more impact than many well meaning Casual Fans realize. This is a voluntary decision to cancel football. I wonder what would happen if a player challenged sitting out a year on a transfer, what would happen? What obligation does a school have to its players? More concerning, this will be used against us in recruiting for years to come.
Many of our beloved Casual Fans thought Chief overreacted when this was first announced. Many criticized the University of Alabama President for playing despite 1,200 cases on campus. Now he is the model everyone else is following.
Our relatively new President, doesn’t seem ready for Primetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

No, biggest mistake Benedict made was going independent in football. Terrible AD.

C

Chief00

It’s possible to think UCONN is doing the right thing by not playing and still think Edsall is a poor coach.
I guess anything is possible, but they are now a statistical outlier in a back of the book trivia footnote.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Diaco was better just RE is full of excuses when things don’t go well.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, this decision will go down in the record books as having far more impact than many well meaning Casual Fans realize. This is a voluntary decision to cancel football. I wonder what would happen if a player challenged sitting out a year on a transfer, what would happen? What obligation does a school have to its players? More concerning, this will be used against us in recruiting for years to come.
Many of our beloved Casual Fans thought Chief overreacted when this was first announced. Many criticized the University of Alabama President for playing despite 1,200 cases on campus. Now he is the model everyone else is following.
Our relatively new President, doesn’t seem ready for Primetime.

I hear you Chief - these games are going on without a hitch. I thought some games would have to be canceled but boy was I wrong.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Diaco was better just RE is full of excuses when things don’t go well.

Diaco was worst head coach in programs history. Couldn’t coach, and had zero idea how to recruit. I am not taking away the fact that HCRE 2.0 has been an unmitigated disaster and should have been fired a year ago. But Diaco was far worse and that is saying something.

Reaction Score
The die is cast. CT is one of a very few states not allowing HS Football. The optics of allowing UConn to play but not 17 year old Seniors would make state look foolish
Crazy to think UMass will put a team on the field but UConn not

Reaction Score
All right, I'll delve in since people are going to gripe about this not for months, but for years.

Any word yet on which teams UMass could/will play? They won't have fans for their games but they're playing. Most teams are sticking to conference-only games in the P5 & G5 so the indies have fewer options. Who's left for them? What would be left for us if UConn decides to reverse course too (hypothetically speaking)?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
At first, it didn't look so bad with the Pac 12 and B1G not playing and it seemed the general consensus was that the season would ultimately get cancelled. However, now that the season has started without too many issues (some cancellations were inevitable), and with EVERY other conference coming back to play in the fall, the optics are not good. Never want to be lumped in a group with New Mexico St and Old Dominion. No idea who we could even play, but the optics of not even trying now that everybody is back, just looks bad.

Reaction Score
They’ll play UConn. I really believe RE doesn’t want to play because the team isn’t good. This is a throw away season and teams shouldn’t be judged. Might as well play some games.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
At first, it didn't look so bad with the Pac 12 and B1G not playing and it seemed the general consensus was that the season would ultimately get cancelled. However, now that the season has started without too many issues (some cancellations were inevitable), and with EVERY other conference coming back to play in the fall, the optics are not good. Never want to be lumped in a group with New Mexico St and Old Dominion. No idea who we could even play, but the optics of not even trying now that everybody is back, just looks bad.

A better choice would have been to say UConn was cancelling its existing 2020 schedule, would continue to practice and re-evaluate a month later. That would allow the team to keep practicing and give the school room to find some games within the Oct-Dec timeframe.

I hope you weren't suggesting the entire college season was going to be cancelled when you wrote "the general consensus was that the season would ultimately get cancelled". Very few people thought no college games were going to be played. If you were referring to UConn specifically, then the comment is much more accurate.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
A better choice would have been to say UConn was cancelling its existing 2020 schedule, would continue to practice and re-evaluate a month later. That would allow the team to keep practicing and give the school room to find some games within the Oct-Dec timeframe.

I hope you weren't suggesting the entire college season was going to be cancelled when you wrote "the general consensus was that the season would ultimately get cancelled". Very few people thought no college games were going to be played. If you were referring to UConn specifically, then the comment is much more accurate.
completely agree. I didn't word that particularly well lol yes I was referring to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom