Qudus Announcing Decision on the 30th | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Qudus Announcing Decision on the 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
The aspect that gives me hope for us is that he took his OV with Akok and seemed to reference a lot of the staff's comments about how the two of them would work together. On top of that, he named his announcement date at roughly the same time that Zags dropped the story confirming Akok's enrollment plan. I'm probably reaching, but it's at least something to cling to for the next two weeks.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The aspect that gives me hope for us is that he took his OV with Akok and seemed to reference a lot of the staff's comments about how the two of them would work together. On top of that, he named his announcement date at roughly the same time that Zags dropped the story confirming Akok's enrollment plan. I'm probably reaching, but it's at least something to cling to for the next two weeks.
Coach Hurley having played jersey prep ball with his mentor can’t hurt either.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
If QW decides to go elsewhere, and Tre Mitchell reclasses, would UConn still not at least check in on Kofi if he decommitted? I get wanting to prioritize guys who want to be here, but seems like they'd be getting desperate at that point.

Reaction Score
If QW decides to go elsewhere, and Tre Mitchell reclasses, would UConn still not at least check in on Kofi if he decommitted? I get wanting to prioritize guys who want to be here, but seems like they'd be getting desperate at that point.

I'm sure theyd check in. But from what the insiders are saying in PM's it soubds like we'd probably put more effort into a grad/immediately eligible transfer first.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure theyd check in. But from what the insiders are saying in PM's it soubds like we'd probably put more effort into a grad/immediately eligible transfer first.
I'm not hanging any hopes on Kofi, but until he signs an LOI or enrolls, he can change his mind and play immediately for different, correct?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Akok plays at SF, could we land both Mitchell and Wahab and play them at the 4 and 5?

Reaction Score
I'm not hanging any hopes on Kofi, but until he signs and LOI or enrolls, he can change his mind and play immediately for different, correct?
I think the staff may have moved on entirely

Reaction Score
jeez, G'town has two 2019 commits and they are both centers. I don't think they need a third. Syracuse has their C. Always thought the competition for Qudus was Pitt. Let's hope Hurley closes on this one. Part of the joy of a Qudus commit would be the squirming on the Pitt board as they continue the vigil for Capel, the master recruiter who was integral in all the 5-star Duke commits, to get his first 2019 commit.

Reaction Score
jeez, G'town has two 2019 commits and they are both centers. I don't think they need a third. Syracuse has their C. Always thought the competition for Qudus was Pitt. Let's hope Hurley closes on this one. Part of the joy of a Qudus commit would be the squirming on the Pitt board as they continue the vigil for Capel, the master recruiter who was integral in all the 5-star Duke commits, to get his first 2019 commit.
And as @KSC94 pointed out yesterday, they have NC State transfer Omar Yurtseven eligible next year, and he will have 2 years left. Guy was 3rd team All ACC last year averaging 13 and 6. He will start for them next year. More playing time available immediately at UConn.

C

Chief00

It’s recruiting and everything is subject to spinning, like the spin room after a political debate. LOL.
Ewing can’t have too many centers.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
And as @KSC94 pointed out yesterday, they have NC State transfer Omar Yurtseven eligible next year, and he will have 2 years left. Guy was 3rd team All ACC last year averaging 13 and 6. He will start for them next year. More playing time available immediately at UConn.
I really don’t understand what Georgetown is doing. Maybe 15 years ago you could have played multiple centers on the floor together but not today. For them to be recruiting another true center this hard seems absurd.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I guess I don't really understand why. I get that he didn't choose them, but if he decides he actually does want to come to Storrs, I think it'd be foolish not to take him. He has the ability to be a culture changer and I think he would really give us the best chance at being really competitive next year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UConn has made up lots of ground.
Kofi has allowed UConn to make up a lot of ground
If it is between Gtown and UConn I can see plus on both sides
Gtown has PE and UConn has playing time available with little (right now) competition for those minutes
I know Carlton looked good Saturday but he has more bad/mediocre vs mediocre/good
It would be wonderful to get this kid

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah. I hear you, but Pitt is still penciled in to be in the Dance this year

Reaction Score
I guess I don't really understand why. I get that he didn't choose them, but if he decides he actually does want to come to Storrs, I think it'd be foolish not to take him. He has the ability to be a culture changer and I think he would really give us the best chance at being really competitive next year.

Couldn't tell ya. Probably just going all out for the sure thing Jan 30th

Reaction Score
Do we know if our lead recruiters Bouknight and Gaffney are close to Wahab?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the staff may have moved on entirely
Agree, but my point is that until any player, not necessarily Kofi, signs an LOI or enrolls their is no change in his eligibility.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah. I hear you, but Pitt is still penciled in to be in the Dance this year

Currently maybe. But once they are through the ACC, they'll be well out. Weird to see them there

Reaction Score
Currently maybe. But once they are through the ACC, they'll be well out. Weird to see them there
Don't see how you can say that? I wouldn't at all be surprised if they are a tournament team. Just beat FSU and Louisville, played NC State tough, lost by 1 to Iowa. 12-5 record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom