Qudus Announcing Decision on the 30th | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Qudus Announcing Decision on the 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry but while Ewing was a great player I never saw him as a big picture guy. Very solid low post player but the game has really moved to a more diverse game. Feels great but might be less filling. This has become a much different game. I think Q might become better at UCONN. However I would want a sig on a selfie from the big guy. Patrick was a great.

Reaction Score
Sorry but while Ewing was a great player I never saw him as a big picture guy. Very solid low post player but the game has really moved to a more diverse game. Feels great but might be less filling. This has become a much different game. I think Q might become better at UCONN. However I would want a sig on a selfie from the big guy. Patrick was a great.

Yeah that's why he spent 15 years in the NBA as an assistant. He has had a court side seat on the evolution of the game. Not saying he is or will be a great coach but you have to get something being a assistant for all that time. Probably a student of the game. He definitely put his time in his trade.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
:(

so where would all these depressing misses leave us? a grad transfer big and who/what? if only mitchell would rather come here than stay in high school. smh.

Man, the first one I posted about Qudus is based on nothing whatsoever. I have ZERO inside info on that. Just not feeling great. That and a couple of bucks gets you half a cup of coffee these days.

Reaction Score
I’d love to get him but a resurgent Georgetown with Ewing as coach has to be attractive to a lot of big men. We’ve got great coaches and I think we have a great chance, but obviously GTown would be intriguing too. Hopefully, our coaches really click with him.

Reaction Score

Wait. Did you ever even see Patrick play? He evolved from just D to the solid/great low post player you describe to the second coming of Bob McAdoo as he become a true C with a deadly corner shot from 20' to 25'. Far far from one dimensional.

Reaction Score
Good lord we need Wahab so bad.

Cobb is a major liability defensively. Like he doesn't even know what to do. I think Carlton gets it a little more mentally, and it just a step slow. Layups uncontested. Their bigs just going straight up on post ups. Yuck.

Reaction Score
Cobb is a major liability defensively. Like he doesn't even know what to do. I think Carlton gets it a little more mentally, and it just a step slow. Layups uncontested. Their bigs just going straight up on post ups. Yuck.
Worst frontcourt in the country?

I've yet to see a worse one.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Needs to be our top top priority. Promise him minutes if you have to, do whatever you need to do to secure the commitment. A defensive presence in the paint is our #1 need especially if we’re to continue to press.

Reaction Score
Needs to be our top top priority. Promise him minutes if you have to, do whatever you need to do to secure the commitment. A defensive presence in the paint is our #1 need especially if we’re to continue to press.
He's our starting center. If he wants to play 25+ he can obviously do that here.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I think it was evident that there wasn't any coherent plan in general.

Both guys are very talented, and it's nice to have 1 tiny crafty PG but you're right, I dont know how they'd coexist. Their games wouldnt really complement each other.

You mean like Napier and Boatright?

Reaction Score
Maybe it's residual shell shock, but my gut is telling me Couliably to Pitt...and Qudus to Georgetown.

Hurley's plan seemed to be to concentrate on a small group of recruits who he liked for his system. It seemed to work like a dream for shooting guard and point guard, took a little time for power forward, then derailed to this point with small forward and center.
Was that a mistake? Because now it seems we have no small forward backup plan that's been hinted at here and it looks as if we're really scrambling, a la KO, for a center. Hopefully the coaches can give off a calm and collected vibe and not look panicked at this critical stage.

C

Chief00

Ewing grinded away as an assistant coach in the NBA for 15 years. He wasn't handed anything, but rather has put a ton of time in to get better as a coach.

Far be it for me to defend Georgetown, but I was a huge Ewing fan and admire the fact that after making millions in the NBA he wasn't above being an assistant for 15 years before getting his shot at his Alma mater.

I know Larry Bird was a fan of Patrick's.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Why do I have the feeling if the good guys win this battle that I’m gonna need to change my user name?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You mean like the back-court of Adams and Gilbert that is similarly dysfunctional? KO's biggest recruiting problem was roster construction. He brought in guys that weren't really complimentary to each other and then struggled to find lineups that worked.

or Bazz and Boat?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
or Bazz and Boat?

Bazz played a clear SG role and backup PG when we had Kemba. Then Boat did the same when Bazz started at PG. Both had that ability. Adams does not.

Now look at who is coming in. Gaffney, a tall PG about whom Hurley says 3 point shooting is what he does best. He will be fine playing off the ball alongside Gilbert at times.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I assumed you were talking about height. Got it.

Reaction Score
Bazz played a clear SG role and backup PG when we had Kemba. Then Boat did the same when Bazz started at PG. Both had that ability. Adams does not.

Now look at who is coming in. Gaffney, a tall PG about whom Hurley says 3 point shooting is what he does best. He will be fine playing off the ball alongside Gilbert at times.

Bouknight too at 6-4 or so. We have 3 guards in 97% of the time and they are 5'10, 6' and 6'1 they all need to be really good at most everything if you're going to play with that disadvantage. While they are all pretty good at something it's going to be a breath of fresh air in a year or 2 throwing out 3 guard with size who can pass over the defense and shoot over the defense without needing a ton of space. And these 2 coming in can get to the basket and finish due to size also. Hopefully they also can defend or willing to learn, willing to get stronger and stay healthy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I assumed you were talking about height. Got it.

Honestly, Gilbert needs to start at SG and let Adams play point. Both Ollie and Hurley had this wrong. Even though he’s short, Gilbert is a solid spot up shooter. Height would help though.

Reaction Score

He's saying that Boat and Bazz played alongside each other.

Surely Gilbert and Akinjo could have as well--but this is all hypothetical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom