Providence Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Providence Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Ever since Hurley changed the offense Sanogo is a different player. The numbers probably don't show it but he's been a much better player since the change.
Yes. And I would underscore this point by saying Sanogo is not just a different player but that he has been asked to play a completely different role in the offense and he has made the midseason adjustment and is thriving.

Credit to Hurley for making the adjustment and big credit to Adama for delivering.

Sanogo was great tonight and even though he’s mostly getting ball away from post, he still shot 7-9 with 16 points. He sees the floor and makes good passes (mostly)

It was also nice to see Adama get the ball in the low post a few times and PU did not bring the double and he scored easily. It’s like we are countering their counter-move!

I think in the tournament that low post might be there for him as well as teams are not seeing us twice or three times like in conference.

I’ve said it before … Adama is a rock. When the other parts around him play well we are hard to beat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yah…..where’s Fishy who started that ridiculous post…is he back in his hole waiting to come out with some future negativity? 12, 7 and 9 from our point guards. Solid effort running the offense and from both of them defensively!
Yes UConn needs a top notch PG - a passer and a facilitator. Nothing has changed. Got away with using 1 PG and two 2's at that position tonight. If you don't think that the PG is the most vital position in college basketball then I don't know what to say.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sanogo getting his 16 points on 9 shots instead of 18 is so much better for this offense. He’s not good enough to be an offensive initiator consistently, but he’s great at finishing dump offs and over mismatches. I’d love for him to come back next year with an even better perimeter game, so he can fit better next to Clingan.

Reaction Score
An absolutely wonderful effort on both ends of the floor. The shooting was excellent, we distributed well and played lock down defense when it mattered most. Team turnovers continue to be a problem, but our primary ball handlers, Newton and Jackson, had 11 assists and only 2 TOs.

Reaction Score
People hate Jackson cause he can't shoot. But man his rebounding and d are next level. I counted five plays tonight where he extended plays that made a difference. He needs to play. But not shoot
As by far his biggest critic, I have no problem w this

Reaction Score
As I said before, there is not a team in the country that is more dependent on favorable home court officiating than Providence is.
They hate to hear that and how lucky they are. Where is Friar J??

Reaction Score
Karaban just goes about his business, under the radar and then you see the box score. He was 7-12 for 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal. He knows where to be, not just on offense, he plays smart defense, (doesn't mean he doesn't get burned). I just like the way he plays the game.
Karaban is shooting 40% from three on nearly 5 attempts per game. That's pretty damn good for anyone, let alone a freshman power forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom