Providence avoids embarrassing loss to butler | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Providence avoids embarrassing loss to butler

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
PC is a very good team with much senior leadership which makes a difference. Anyone thinking they are an easy out isn't living in reality.

Still love UConn to get a chance at them in the Big East tourney.

Reaction Score
I wish we could play them in the Big East Tournament. Theres no way we would lose that game. Guaranteed
We may get them depending on the draw. I am not that confident though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone saying they want to play PC or any tough team in a post-season rematch over “revenge” is an idiot. I’ll take the path of least resistance and hope for upsets that work in our favor vs hoping for tough opponents. Anyone want to be in a 2 point game with them with a minute to go? Not me.
Best response/comment. Not sure why we keep making these Providence post. They have a better resume to me with true wins over Texas Tech, Wisconsin and a close loss to a full strength Nova. I just hope we can beat a full strength Nova because we couldn't beat them while short handed. Ijs

Reaction Score
Best response/comment. Not sure why we keep making these Providence post. They have a better resume to me with true wins over Texas Tech, Wisconsin and a close loss to a full strength Nova. I just hope we can beat a full strength Nova because we couldn't beat them while short handed. Ijs
They do not have a better resume. They have a better record. I would've done a blind resume test but itd have been too obvious.

Providence:
Record: 22-3(12-2)
NET: 27

Result Based Metrics(
Obviously will be their strongest Metrics):
KPI: 8
SOR: 9

Predictive Based Metrics:
BPI: 41
KenPom: 44
SAG: 32

Quad W/L:
Quad 1: 6-2
Quad 2: 6-1
Quad 3:4-0
Quad 4: 6-0

NET SOS: 47
Non-Conf SOS: 119
RPI SOS: 70

Connecticut
Record: 19-7(10-5)
NET: 17

Result Based Metrics:
KPI: 22
SOR: 25

BPI: 18
KenPom: 18
SAG: 16

Quad Wins:
Quad 1: 5-6
Quad 3:1-0
Quad 4:7-0

NET SOS: 36
Non Conf SOS: 120
RPI SOS: 45

I mean you be the judge. We have 1 less Quad 1 win, but have played 3 more quad one games. But they have 3 more Quad 3 games. Lets play a game and take 3 of our Q1 losses and substitute them with an assumptive 3 Q3 wins. That puts our record as 25-4. Which is why the predictive Metrics favor us in a very substantial way over PC. The W-L record is deceptive when deciding who has the better resume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe. I think us winning those 3 q 3 games is much more likely than them winning 2 of 3 q1 games
Just say you think the Huskies are better now than when the Friars won in Hartford...

Reaction Score
Butler is not that bad. They beat bubble team Oklahoma on the road. The Big East (with the exception of Georgetown) is strong top to bottom. I make the case that if St. John’s, Butler, and DePaul played in the ACC or Pac-12, they might be tourney teams.
I think Anderson at St. Johns is a really good coach. If he can get some big recruits in there look out. Heck if Champagnie and Alexander had a Sanogo to throw it down too thats problably a top 15 team.

Reaction Score
They do not have a better resume. They have a better record. I would've done a blind resume test but itd have been too obvious.

Providence:

Result Based Metrics(

Quad W/L:

Connecticut

Result Based Metrics:

Quad Wins:

I mean you be the judge. We have 1 less Quad 1 win, but have played 3 more quad one games. But they have 3 more Quad 3 games. Lets play a game and take 3 of our Q1 losses and substitute them with an assumptive 3 Q3 wins. That puts our record as 25-4. Which is why the predictive Metrics favor us in a very substantial way over PC. The W-L record is deceptive when deciding who has the better resume.
Whatever you say, geek.

Reaction Score
I think we have Sanogo and a healthy Martin. You love to disagree with me. Disagree with the numbers
Do we have to go over the first rule of holes again?

A couple of better facts to help you: Uconn is playing MUCH better than the Friars are right now. Against much better competition.

A couple of facts that may not help you out: both teams had key starters missing from the game that the Frairs won in Hartford. You keep forgetting that. And the numbers that matter are the Ws and the Ls.

Concentrate on the former and dwell less on the later. (You will sound smarter. Trust me.)

Reaction Score
Do we have to go over the first rule of holes again?

A couple of better facts to help you: Uconn is playing MUCH better than the Friars are right now. Against much better competition.

A couple of facts that may not help you out: both teams had key starters missing from the game that the Frairs won in Hartford. You keep forgetting that. And the numbers that matter are the Ws and the Ls.

Concentrate on the former and dwell less on the later. (You will sound smarter. Trust me.)
Why do you keep messaging me. I don’t want to have this conversation with you again. Do not address me about Pc again. I don’t block, but I will. You make my yard experience significantly worse. Good bye.

Reaction Score
It’s fine to say you think UConn has the better team. But better resume? No.
Go through the numbers and prove your point. You won’t because you can’t. 75% if the metrics think we’re better. We’ve played tougher games. If we beat Nova on tuesday, it wont even be a discussion.

Reaction Score

Providence:

Result Based Metrics(

Quad W/L:

Connecticut

Result Based Metrics:

Quad Wins:

That's cool and everything, but if you drafting players (just starters) who are you taking and be honest. 1 Sanogo 2 Nate 3 either Cole or Durham 4 Reeves, Martin, Horchler (to me does everything Whaley does, but can shoot it) that's how I look at it. Both teams are good and we can go back and forth....... hopefully both teams matchup at MSG.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Butler beat Creighton and Marquette in the last three weeks, plus DePaul and Georgetown. Again, every team in the conference has talent
Is Al having surgery for the sports hernia? I can't imagine playing at that level with one - I've had two.

Reaction Score
Is Al having surgery for the sports hernia? I can't imagine playing at that level with one - I've had two.
He's been playing with it. They had been limiting his practices. I'm surprised they haven't corrected it yet, can be quite painful.

Reaction Score
UConn won a national championship in 2014 finishing as KenPom 15 and in 2011 finishing as KenPom 10. If a Louisville or Ohio State fan came in here and told us how much better their seasons were than ours because of the deep metrics, we would all lose our collective minds.

Close games or not, the results are the results. Look at the standings, tip your hat and let them enjoy it in February.

As for the predictive portion, I predict the calendar turns to March in a week. And we all know what UConn does in March.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom