Post game thoughts... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post game thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today I finally noticed about Pheese I havn't seen in a UConn player in quite awhile. She not only reads the ball off the rim well, but she launches very quickly for rebounds. Just an impressive young lady. By the way, glad to have been totally off base about Ms. Danger and her starting role. From herein, she's the PG hands down.
Collier: The most indispensable player on the team. Dangerfield: There's a new sheriff in town.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Two thoughts. Regarding Crystal Dangerfield: Not sure I've ever seen a young point guard move so well without the ball.

Regarding Nat: Great job of going toe to toe with the Baylor Bigs and not picking up wasteful fouls.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Four players in double digit scoring. Pheesa with a double - double.

Very good help defense on Baylor's bigs.

We're in better condition than Baylor.

And finally - we have Crystal Dangerfield and you don't!

Reaction Score
Two thoughts. Regarding Crystal Dangerfield: Not sure I've ever seen a young point guard move so well without the ball.

Regarding Nat: Great job of going toe to toe with the Baylor Bigs and not picking up wasteful fouls.
Meg Culmo said it best on the post-game show that you can see Crystal Dangerfield taking over this team and it just happens organically. I think that is what you saw tonight and the more she plays the more that will be true.

Reaction Score
At the press conference, Geno was asked to compare Crystal to Mo. He gave a beautiful answer, to wit: Crystal is ahead of Mo after two games, but Crystal has a long, long way to go to catch up to where Mo ended up.

But considering the big game pressure, it really boggles the mind how well Crystal played. She'll have her down games, too, but her potential to take over a game is always there.

Reaction Score

Could not agree more. Butler did a wonderful job o the second straight game. She is giving UCOnn solid minutes when they needed it most -- when other players are ion foul trouble.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Post players who are the #1 Recruit in the country seem to have a harder time adjusting to the College Game then Wings and Guards. Lauren Cox is a good player who I would have love to see at UConn. She stayed close to home, but from a playing and development perspective should have chosen UConn or ND.

Reaction Score
Four players in double digit scoring. Pheesa with a double - double.

Very good help defense on Baylor's bigs.

We're in better condition than Baylor.

And finally - we have Crystal Dangerfield and you don't!

I have to agree that conditioning contributed to pulling away late after the score had been tied. I think Baylor thought they were reading themselves to close this out, and UConn just shifted into a higher gear ( that and Collier was re-inserted, or maybe her presence was spark). The most mystifying aspect of tonight was the almost total absence of Nina Davis' number getting called. I started wondering if she had been injured prior to or early on in the game.

Reaction Score
As far as Cox goes, even in USA basketball games she could look very dominant against shorter teams, and more ordinary against tall teams.

She's got the potential for greatness, but I just think she's one of the players that will take a bit of time to figure it out at this level. Get comfortable in her own skin, comfortable with what she can do, etc.

Reaction Score
Post players who are the #1 Recruit in the country seem to have a harder time adjusting to the College Game then Wings and Guards. Lauren Cox is a good player who I would have love to see at UConn. She stayed close to home, but from a playing and development perspective should have chosen UConn or ND.

Right you are.............why a 6'4" post player wanted to join a team that already featured 6'7", 6'4" and 6'3" post players didn't make a whole lot of sense..............if she needed to stay in Texas she should have gone to UTexas

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
To Think both the Summitt and Lady Vol Nation posters (majority ) said Lady Vols weren't interested in Crystal and they already had their PG that was more talented. Probably won't be saying that in the future.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
It started with Coach Geno, he came out with his tie, and no-nonsense attitude. Crystal showed why she was the number 1 recruit, she played with so much heart and passion. Napheesa was a blocking and rebounding monster. Did you see her stuff K. Brown ? :). Poor Baylor, they didn't know what hit them. Baylor bigs had a rough night, and Nina; Lauren and Natalie didn't score. Oh well, I guess Kim won't be making that call next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom