Post game thoughts... | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Post game thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
How far into the schedule will UConn go before TV and radio announcers and analysts stop making references to the Stewart, Jefferson & Tuck. This team is desperately trying to find and establish their own identity. The big 3 are gone. They're not coming back. We all enjoyed them while they were here. I'm turning the page and moving on. I'd like to see TV and studio analysts do the same.

I'm excited about this year's team. My thoughts and concerns are about the players on the roster. Everyone knows the legacy the big 3 left. I'm not going to compare Crystal to Mo.
Crystal can only be herself, not Moriah. There's already enough pressure on her. She does not need that added burden.

Crystal is going to be great on her own. Being aggressive and fearless is in her DNA. If you can't see that based on her past accomplishments, and her play the last two games, then you're not paying attention.

I predicted all summer that this team was going to be better than people think. The deeper they get into the season, the more cohesive they are going to become. When Gabby learns to play under control, and stay on the floor, UConn will become even more potent.
Let's rip the rear view mirrors off of our glasses, and enjoy the players and games in front of us. This is going to be a fun and exciting season. Let's keep looking forward so that we don't miss anything. Go Huskies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
How far into the schedule will UConn go before TV and radio announcers and analysts stop making references to the Stewart, Jefferson & Tuck. This team is desperately trying to find and establish their own identity. The big 3 are gone. They're not coming back. We all enjoyed them while they were here. I'm turning the page and moving on. I'd like to see TV and studio analysts do the same.
It will still be a topic of conversation on the podium after the national championship game (if Uconn gets there - mojo being observed) and probably continuing into the 2017-18 season.

And yeah, I think it is probably really P***ing off the current team and giving them extra motivation so I am all for the continued harkening back to the 'good days' - just keep adding fuel to their fire.

Reaction Score
It will still be a topic of conversation on the podium after the national championship game (if Uconn gets there - mojo being observed) and probably continuing into the 2017-18 season.

And yeah, I think it is probably really P***ing off the current team and giving them extra motivation so I am all for the continued harkening back to the 'good days' - just keep adding fuel to their fire.

Yes-- I've thought similar things!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Doris saying during the FSU game-- "the pressure is on UCONN when it gets close blah blah blah."

I yelled at the tv "What??!!!"

They are more likely to have a chip on their shoulder. As if to say "You think we weren't that good??!!!"

Reaction Score
No. The way she played against Florida St.she will have a lot of rope.
My guess is Danger will start very soon. I like Soniya's skills, but Danger is the future. Geno need's to give her as much game experience as he can as soon as he can. In addition, the team has started slowing in these two games. Danger shows every potential of being the answer to that problem. Danger was on the floor at the end of both of these close games. That fact speaks volumes. While I'm at it I must give a shout-out to Pheesa! A super star in the making.

Reaction Score
It had to be called a technical foul because it came during a dead ball. However, I agree it should not have been called at all. Now, Gabby should have been called for a foul when she fell on the Baylor player.
We don't know if, in addition to the push, something was said that prompted the foul call to avoid escallation. Plus, a push like that is a foul.

Regarding Gabby's body slam, the Baylor player moved under her after Gabby was in the air, thus no foul on her part. It's only obvious on the end line video.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice how quiet Nina Davis was? 24 minutes, 0 points 3 assists. She is a great player and I'm not
sure if something was wrong with her. She came out to shoot prior to the game before her teammates did. That
was odd. She has always showed up for big games and I suspect something was not right with her. Maybe it was
the defense we put on her. It just seemed odd to me.
Nina had two problems, Pheesa and Gabby.

Reaction Score
Nurse and Prince bumped into each other when Prince went to take the ball out. Kia should be nominated for an Oscar with that flop. It should have been a no call.
That was pretty good acting by Kia. But it was also not very smart of Prince to do any pushing in a dead ball situation. And she did push though not very hard. In this game it did not matter so Prince got a free lesson.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This team is desperately trying to find and establish their own identity

Gotta disagree Carnac. They are intensely seeking to win, and in the process the identity will emerge. Nothing desperate about this crew. They are through deferring and doing a good job of finding their way.

Reaction Score
It had to be called a technical foul because it came during a dead ball. However, I agree it should not have been called at all. Now, Gabby should have been called for a foul when she fell on the Baylor player.
Well, these were tough calls for the officials in the speed of the game. If it had been a 1 point game, most of us BY'ers would be praising the officials for the TF call, while the baptist would be condemning them and us to the Lower Regions. And that Baylor player (was it Nina?) may have moved under an airborne Gabby. I suspect the zebras were right in both cases. In interest of full disclosure: I used to be a zebra. (Just kidding).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Look at Natalie in the background of this video:;)

Tout
Unfortunately, to me, that does not seem to be practicing at game speed, and therefore not going to help her take it into a game. Yeah the hand eye stuff is good for general feel, but ...
(And I love what Natalie is doing in games so I am just picking at nits.)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, these were tough calls for the officials in the speed of the game. If it had been a 1 point game, most of us BY'ers would be praising the officials for the TF call, while the baptist would be condemning them and us to the Lower Regions. And that Baylor player (was it Nina?) may have moved under an airborne Gabby. I suspect the zebras were right in both cases. In interest of full disclosure: I used to be a zebra. (Just kidding).
I used to be a Zebra calling both high school and women's college games. It's a tough job.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by Natalie's defense especially in the first half! She is in a much better shape than she was last season and she fights for the ball.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
My guess is Danger will start very soon. I like Soniya's skills, but Danger is the future. Geno need's to give her as much game experience as he can as soon as he can. In addition, the team has started slowing in these two games. Danger shows every potential of being the answer to that problem. Danger was on the floor at the end of both of these close games. That fact speaks volumes. While I'm at it I must give a shout-out to Pheesa! A super star in the making.
The only reason she was on the floor at the end of the FSU game is that Chong fouled out.

Reaction Score
The only reason she was on the floor at the end of the FSU game is that Chong fouled out.
Yes, Donald, but as I've pointed out before, Chong's and Nurse's last fouls were intentional. Danger or Molly could have been used to do those fouls. So Geno must've decided he wanted Danger in at the end.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

You need to learn what an intentional foul is, the strategy involved, and the choice that players and coaches have in the execution.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Another thing this Baylor win does is make the Notre Dame game even more interesting. Winning in South Bend is a tough thing to do, and we may yet lose, but now there is evidence to suggest this could be a real dog fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom