Possible UConn 2021 Recruits | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Possible UConn 2021 Recruits

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What’s not to like about this young lady? She really seems to be a elite shooter, and also a good play maker who will only get better with time, Fudd really has a bright future, someone said she could be the next Transcendent talent.
This kid is the real deal! I still want to see a game of H-O-R-S-E with Azzi, Allie Quigley, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, and Diana Taurasi.

Reaction Score
What’s not to like about this young lady? She really seems to be a elite shooter, and also a good play maker who will only get better with time, Fudd really has a bright future, someone said she could be the next Transcendent talent.

Fudd's greatness has already been well established...............what else can you say about her that hasn't been said countless times before.......................now we all get to sit and wait until she makes her college choice...............say what you will about friendships etc, I am not confident that she's UConn bound so I'm moving on looking for other players that seem more likely to be UConn locks.......

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Fudd's greatness has already been well established.....what else can you say about her that hasn't been said countless times before........now we all get to sit and wait until she makes her college choice.....say what you will about friendships etc, I am not confident that she's UConn bound so I'm moving on looking for other players that seem more likely to be UConn locks..
I get it. Hope and work for the best, plan for the worst.

Reaction Score
I get it. Hope and work for the best, plan for the worst.

that's my motto...............many here view UConn's past recruiting successes as a given going forward with the 2019/2020 classes...........I continue to have some doubts about some of those recruits........

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Some have said the same thing about UConn's C. Williams.

Reaction Score
Some have said the same thing about UConn's C. Williams.

from an outside shooting perspective I'd put Fudd on a higher level then CW who's more streaky but they're both strong players who just know how to score in many ways........CW might be the better rebounder and passer at this point, if you were referring more towards the college commitment side of things, CW was an early UConn lean, the doubts came after she clearly widened her college search............Fudd initially played it close to the vest but appears to be a possible ND lean if only through her close association with Sam Brunelle

Reaction Score
Charlie,

Azzi Fudd is not going to Notre Dame just to play one year with Sam Brunelle. I have no inside scoop but that makes no sense. She might go to ND but not for that reason.

how about to play with Paige Bueckers for three years?

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Just like Fudd. Bueckers might go to ND but it is not to play two years with Brunelle. I really think that Fudd and Bueckers want to play together. That is a package deal that any team in the country would take, no questions asked. Things could change but at this point, I don't know how much time Brunelle gets at ND. I think Carla had Sam slotted correctly at the U17 event.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brunelle and Bueckers would have three years together, Fudd and Brunelle two.

If they were to matriculate to the same school.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Brunelle and Bueckers would have three years together, Fudd and Brunelle two.

If they were to matriculate to the same school.
My bad Charlie. I stand corrected. My math is lousy but I still don't think they are making their college choice based on Sam Brunelle.

Reaction Score
Just like Fudd. Bueckers might go to ND but it is not to play two years with Brunelle. I really think that Fudd and Bueckers want to play together. That is a package deal that any team in the country would take, no questions asked. Things could change but at this point, I don't know how much time Brunelle gets at ND. I think Carla had Sam slotted correctly at the U17 event.

Victor...........to say that I'm a pessimist is a huge understatement and I'll gladly admit that I have been happily shocked and amazed with Geno's ability to bring in so many top ranked players over the years...........that said, something seems a bit different about some of the top 2019 and 2020/21 recruits, namely the very tight relationships between SB, PB, and now AB..........since Brunelle is a Notre Dame commit and these kids seem to want to spend so much time together on and off the court, it only stands to reason that this gives ND a bit of an edge............the fact that Boston has not verballed by now to the school closest to her, with the best coaching staff in the country and with a prime starting spot ready made also seems quite odd to me...........some say it's because she doesn't wan't to be a "marked woman" on and off the court as a UConn commit.............some how I feel Ms. Boston can take care of those kinds of slings and arrows with out much difficulty.............many say the friendship concept is a big nothing............I certainly hope they're right............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Victor......to say that I'm a pessimist is a huge understatement and I'll gladly admit that I have been happily shocked and amazed with Geno's ability to bring in so many top ranked players over the years......that said, something seems a bit different about some of the top 2019 and 2020/21 recruits, namely the very tight relationships between SB, PB, and now AB.....since Brunelle is a Notre Dame commit and these kids seem to want to spend so much time together on and off the court, it only stands to reason that this gives ND a bit of an edge..the fact that Boston has not verballed by now to the school closest to her, with the best coaching staff in the country and with a prime starting spot ready made also seems quite odd to me......some say it's because she doesn't wan't to be a "marked woman" on and off the court as a UConn commit...some how I feel Ms. Boston can take care of those kinds of slings and arrows with out much difficulty...many say the friendship concept is a big nothing..I certainly hope they're right..
Lol. What would make Boston a "marked woman" any more than Azzi or Paige?
The fact that Boston has not committed=a bigger nothing than this "friendship" =ND lean for either Paige or Azzi.

Reaction Score
Lol. What would make Boston a "marked woman" any more than Azzi or Paige?
The fact that Boston has not committed=a bigger nothing than this "friendship" =ND lean for either Paige or Azzi.

to paraphrase........in a post from a few weeks ago when I stated my concern about Boston not committing to UConn already, there was a post saying that perhaps Boston wanted to enjoy here senior season without having the weight of being a UConn recruit on her back............

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
to paraphrase...in a post from a few weeks ago when I stated my concern about Boston not committing to UConn already, there was a post saying that perhaps Boston wanted to enjoy here senior season without having the weight of being a UConn recruit on her back..
Of course only UCONN could/would place such a burden on a recruits back, right?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd was the breakout star of Stephen Curry’s basketball camp.

Azzi Fudd is the 15-year-old girl who dominated Stephen Curry’s elite basketball camp

During the first day of Curry’s camp, Fudd, a standout shooter, tied for first place in a three-point competition, launching her into the finals on the third and final day. With only one other competitor in her way, she was crowned the winner, and afterward got the chance to compete in a challenge with Curry and his father, Dell.

Though she wasn’t able to take down Curry, she will almost certainly get another chance at it.

Azzi Fudd of St. John’s becomes first girl to play at Stephen Curry’s summer camp

Reaction Score
Victor......to say that I'm a pessimist is a huge understatement and I'll gladly admit that I have been happily shocked and amazed with Geno's ability to bring in so many top ranked players over the years......that said, something seems a bit different about some of the top 2019 and 2020/21 recruits, namely the very tight relationships between SB, PB, and now AB.....since Brunelle is a Notre Dame commit and these kids seem to want to spend so much time together on and off the court, it only stands to reason that this gives ND a bit of an edge..the fact that Boston has not verballed by now to the school closest to her, with the best coaching staff in the country and with a prime starting spot ready made also seems quite odd to me......some say it's because she doesn't wan't to be a "marked woman" on and off the court as a UConn commit...some how I feel Ms. Boston can take care of those kinds of slings and arrows with out much difficulty...many say the friendship concept is a big nothing..I certainly hope they're right..
How do you know that Boston hasn't verballed to UConn? Because the media hasn't reported it? There may be only four people that know the answer and that would be the UConn staff. There's no target if nobody knows.

Reaction Score
Of course only UCONN could/would place such a burden on a recruits back, right?

Hey, I wasn't the one who said it.............I just responded that if something like that ever actually happened, Boston wouldn't have much difficulty dealing with it...........

Reaction Score
How do you know that Boston hasn't verballed to UConn? Because the media hasn't reported it? There may be only four people that know the answer and that would be the UConn staff. There's no target if nobody knows.

Bobby is that the proper spelling for verballed? I get a misspelling line underneath whether I use one L or two...........:rolleyes:..........to answer your question, I have no idea but I would assume that if Boston had verballed to UConn or another school and she felt comfortable with her decision, she'd probably not be taking a number of official visits, especially to some "lesser" institutions of higher learning (in basketball) which I think she plans to do.........
this get's us back to the idea that she doesn't want anybody to know of her decision..............if you buy that argument, I would ask why wouldn't she want the basketball world to know?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just as Christyn wants to be legendary, Azzi wants to beat Steph Curry. These kids set their goals high!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom