Possible UConn 2021 Recruits | The Boneyard

Possible UConn 2021 Recruits

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Greene tends to really hype his players so I'm a bit leery of his comments, but here are some reports on Adams just in case.

Destiny Adams is a versatile, 6’1 prospect who turned heads for the Jersey Warriors Basketball Club this weekend. Adams has the size, build, and three point range of a stretch four player, but the explosiveness on the drive and ability to wrap the ball up and finish through contact to make us think she can stick on the wing as well. When she rebounds, she will take it herself and start the break. There’s a maturity to her game that makes it safe to use words like exciting potential.

9th Annual USJN Big Apple Challenge - Bluestar Media

Destiny Adams 6’01 W (Manchester HS, NJ 2021)

Smooth athletic wing that can play either forward position. Won MVP of the 8 th grade game, showed range to the three-point line and also displayed the ability to play with her back to the basket.

G-Thing All-Star Classic 2017

Destiny Adams - 2021 - 6'1 - Small Forward - Manchester HS, Manchester, NJ -

The MVP showed why she is one of top 21' prospects in New Jersey. Adams displayed some of her furious interior presence, Blocking shots in then getting out in transition to finish at the other end. She brought her A game, showing now that she is a dual threat on the wing or somewhere around the basket. Interior player who offense is starting shine... shot blocker... physical... mid-range gamer... rebounds on both sides... strong... expanding her game to the outside...

GTHINGBASKETBALL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greene tends to really hype his players so I'm a bit leery of his comments, but here are some reports on Adams just in case.

Destiny Adams is a versatile, 6’1 prospect who turned heads for the Jersey Warriors Basketball Club this weekend. Adams has the size, build, and three point range of a stretch four player, but the explosiveness on the drive and ability to wrap the ball up and finish through contact to make us think she can stick on the wing as well. When she rebounds, she will take it herself and start the break. There’s a maturity to her game that makes it safe to use words like exciting potential.

9th Annual USJN Big Apple Challenge - Bluestar Media

Destiny Adams 6’01 W (Manchester HS, NJ 2021)

Smooth athletic wing that can play either forward position. Won MVP of the 8 th grade game, showed range to the three-point line and also displayed the ability to play with her back to the basket.

G-Thing All-Star Classic 2017

Destiny Adams - 2021 - 6'1 - Small Forward - Manchester HS, Manchester, NJ -

The MVP showed why she is one of top 21' prospects in New Jersey. Adams displayed some of her furious interior presence, Blocking shots in then getting out in transition to finish at the other end. She brought her A game, showing now that she is a dual threat on the wing or somewhere around the basket. Interior player who offense is starting shine... shot blocker... physical... mid-range gamer... rebounds on both sides... strong... expanding her game to the outside...

GTHINGBASKETBALL

believe me I know Tiny can get carried away..........he thought my daughter could be a decent DI player (more likely DIII).......... but I saw DA play last year and she was ridiculously good and dominated against very good competition often 2-3 years older.......best athlete that I've seen in person at that level since Diamond Miller..........really just a question of whether she ends up top 100 or top 20 in my book...........

Reaction Score
I know that following recruits twitter accounts is totally strange to some, meaningless to others but I have to salute '21 guard Caroline Ducharme who retweets more UConn stories then any other potential Husky.........she's a well regarded 5'10" guard from Massachusetts who obviously has UConn in her plans..............

Blue Star 30-June 2016: Fundamental off-guard offers smooth stroke on jumper to the arc; brings back court size, manufactures, delivers off the dribble. (Olson)

USJN-July 2015: Agile off-guard with a scorer's mentality; triple-threat attack breaks down defender, elevates with smooth release on jumper; emerging as an elite prospect in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Caroline Ducharme 6’01 G MCW Starz (MA)

Big time player with many tools, scorers mind set, has stroke and range off the bounce. Can get to the rim off the bounce and moves without ball. Did a good job rebounding

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/17

2021 Amari DeBerry scored 19 points but her team lost a close one to undefeated Cardinal O'Hara.

Here's what O'Hara's coach had to say about her after the game:

Reaction Score
This thread needs to begin and end with Azzi Fudd. I've seen her in person and she is the real thing. When I saw her set screens for her teammates when everyone knew she was the best scorer on the team, I knew she was UConn material.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This thread needs to begin and end with Azzi Fudd. I've seen her in person and she is the real thing. When I saw her set screens for her teammates when everyone knew she was the best scorer on the team, I knew she was UConn material.
If UCONN is not recruiting Amari DeBerry in 2021 they need to be recruiting someone that can guard her. Word in the gym is she is "The Truth". Both Fudd & DeBerry for UCONN in 2021.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is it difficult to get excited about players this young in their HS careers?

We are talking about basketball prodigies...............they are a long way off from a recruiting standpoint but it is interesting to see how their basketball skills develop over the four years...............I would agree that game statistics don't necessarily mean a whole lot though

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is it difficult to get excited about players this young in their HS careers?

Agreed. Nice to look ahead but it is an invitation for three years of anxiety. I am already stressed and we haven't brought what might be a promising 2019 catch into the boat yet!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agreed. Nice to look ahead but it is an invitation for three years of anxiety. I am already stressed and we haven't brought what might be a promising 2019 catch into the boat yet!
UCONN has not landed a 2019 recruit as of yet but UCONN has said no to some pretty impresive 2019 talent. River Balwin, Anaya Peoples, Zia Cooke to name a few. What that tells me is that @Tonyc may be correct, and UCONN has bigger fish in mind for 2019.

Reaction Score
UCONN has not landed a 2019 recruit as of yet but UCONN has said no to some pretty impresive 2019 talent. River Balwin, Anaya Peoples, Zia Cooke to name a few. What that tells me is that @Tonyc may be correct, and UCONN has bigger fish in mind for 2019.

I haven't done the graduation analysis but perhaps it's the 2020 class that's the priority here............it s absolutely stacked.............

Reaction Score
Here's a 2021 forward from Australia with some nice skills..........clearly a work in progress but possibly worth keeping an eye on..............

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
believe me I know Tiny can get carried away.....he thought my daughter could be a decent DI player (more likely DIII)..... but I saw DA play last year and she was ridiculously good and dominated against very good competition often 2-3 years older..best athlete that I've seen in person at that level since Diamond Miller.....really just a question of whether she ends up top 100 or top 20 in my book......

Nice early call on that Charlie.
Destiny and her Manchester Township had a great run, winning the sectional championship (first link). Of course, they they had the misfortune if running into the holy troika of Dara, Faith and Lola of Manasquan. If you read the second linked article, you can see their coach realizes there is no shame in that and his team -- which is young -- did great.

No fluke: Manchester Township repeats as SJ,G2 champs in convincing fashion (VIDEO)

Big 3 lead Manasquan girls basketball back to Group 2 title game (PHOTOS)

Reaction Score
Nice early call on that Charlie.
Destiny and her Manchester Township had a great run, winning the sectional championship (first link). Of course, they they had the misfortune if running into the holy troika of Dara, Faith and Lola of Manasquan. If you read the second linked article, you can see their coach realizes there is no shame in that and his team -- which is young -- did great.

Manchester had a number of injuries this year and never played to their full potential..........extremely talented team that should dominate next season............BTW my daughter's team is playing tonight in the group semifinals in Toms River after beating Pascack Valley for the second time in a war last week..........don't want to jinx it but they are two more wins from the TOC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom