Possible UConn 2021 Recruits | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Possible UConn 2021 Recruits

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
From the recent Summer Slam event where Sonia Citron played and where I'm betting UConn was present.

Jillian Hollingshead, 6-4, power forward, Lady Rebels Platinum (Marietta, Georgia)

Hollingshead is one of the top prospects of the 2021 class in the Deep South. Now filling out and more strongly built, she remains light on her feet yet taking contact well. She can finish with either hand at the rim but also has a nice face-up stroke.

Summer Slam 2018:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another from the Summer Slam event:

2021 6-4 C Jill Hollingshead (Holy Innocents’) responded in a big way on Day 2. After opening the tournament by floating around the three-point line, Hollingshead got in the paint and battled with Natalija Marshall. She tallied 12 points, 8 rebounds and 6 blocks. Hollingshead’s length gave the 6-foot-5 Marshall and the rest of Exodus some issues when getting in the paint. Hollingshead is still learning her craft and identifying mismatches will make her an even tougher cover once she matures.

Insider Exposure Archives - Sandy's Spiel

Reaction Score
the 2021 class appears to have some really dominant and mobile 6'3"+ players including Adams, DeBerry, Hollingshead, R Marshall and Vonleh among others

Reaction Score
From the recent Summer Slam event where Sonia Citron played and where I'm betting UConn was present.

Jillian Hollingshead, 6-4, power forward, Lady Rebels Platinum (Marietta, Georgia)

Hollingshead is one of the top prospects of the 2021 class in the Deep South. Now filling out and more strongly built, she remains light on her feet yet taking contact well. She can finish with either hand at the rim but also has a nice face-up stroke.

Summer Slam 2018:
She's growing with every post. By the time she gets to UConn she'll be 6-10.

Reaction Score
She's growing with every post. By the time she gets to UConn she'll be 6-10.

yes I noticed those numbers jumping around a whole lot...........not sure she would be pleased about reaching 6'10", scholarship or no scholarship............as I sadly discovered in the past few years, the majority of girls tend to grow slowly once their in high school............you get what you get...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dan Olsen tweet and write-up on UConn player of interest Jillian Hollingshead:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
GHSAA State Tourney-March 2018: Explosively athletic front court prospect with off-the-charts potential; quick in the paint, rebounds and handles in uptempo game; emerging offensive arsenal to the arc.

adidas Nationals-July 2018:
Ultra-athletic stretch-4 rebounds and handles in uptempo game; quick-leaper, cleans glass, disruptive defender, shot blocking presence; agile in uptempo, scores in transition game; face up game to the arc.

jillian-hollingshead

Reaction Score
Fifteen minute package of Azzi Fudd freshmen highlights:

when it comes to Fudd, she's already shown she's the most talented high school player in the country so just wake me up when she's decided she's going to UConn............

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Azzi video:

1. I'm a blur in the stands in one of the games. :)

2. I'd pay just to watch her shoot in warm-ups. The form and results are uncanny.

3. She is excellent with her left hand. Note the frequent use of it for scoop shots.

4. Prediction 1: She will be a 50-40-90 shooter.

5. Prediction 2: If she plays 4 full years, she will surpass 300 made treys. Something close to 400 is not out of the question.

6. For those who are interested, #15 on the opposing team at about 1:20 and 14:00 to 14:20 is Ashley Owusu, the Paul VI point guard who has committed to Maryland and is a top-5 player in 2019. She has an unusual build for a PG, but she is strong, aggressive, and skilled.

7. I'm looking forward to seeing Azzi at SJC again this season. She's ridiculously good, especially for her age.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Azzi video:

1. I'm a blur in the stands in one of the games. :)

2. I'd pay just to watch her shoot in warm-ups. The form and results are uncanny.

3. She is excellent with her left hand. Note the frequent use of it for scoop shots.

4. Prediction 1: She will be a 50-40-90 shooter.

5. Prediction 2: If she plays 4 full years, she will surpass 300 made treys. Something close to 400 is not out of the question.

6. For those who are interested, #15 on the opposing team at about 1:20 and 14:00 to 14:20 is Ashley Owusu, the Paul VI point guard who has committed to Maryland and is a top-5 player in 2019. She has an unusual build for a PG, but she is strong, aggressive, and skilled.

7. I'm looking forward to seeing Azzi at SJC again this season. She's ridiculously good, especially for her age.

I don't doubt your predictions for a minute..............it's going to be absolutely wonderful if she goes and does all that at UConn................now if she ends up somewhere else I'll give her props but will shake my head every time I see her play in the wrong uniform.............the one that got away..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Very impressive in this video collage:

Jillian's game even in this very short clip resembles Vicki Baugh's game. Hopefully Jillian will have a much healthier career and become the truth that Vicki was projected to become.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jillian's game even in this very short clip resembles Vicki Baugh game. Hopefully Jillian will have a much healthier career and become the truth that Vicki was projected to become.

The height of a center but the build of a lean wing. Fluid, athletic body. Really nice form on those jumpers too. Looks skilled and special.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
another talented local 2023 who's also a big UConn fan.....goes by the name of BabyStorrs

Posted about Brooks in the spring but don't recall ever seeing anything saying she's a big UConn fan.

Reaction Score
Posted about Brooks in the spring but don't recall ever seeing anything saying she's a big UConn fan.

from the article YOU posted.........:rolleyes:

"Judging by her “Baby Storrs” nickname, Zoe Brooks, like so many other young female basketball players, dreams of one day suiting up for the University of Connecticut.

If her recent level of success on the hardwood is an indication, an offer from UCONN is a realistic possibility in the future.

Brooks, a sixth grader from Plainfield, N.J., recently had an action-packed month of basketball."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The height of a center but the build of a lean wing. Fluid, athletic body. Really nice form on those jumpers too. Looks skilled and special.
She smooooooooove. Me likey.

Let's hope she doesn't grow much more, 'cause when her athleticism really catches up to her height, boyo.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
from the article YOU posted....:rolleyes:

"Judging by her “Baby Storrs” nickname, Zoe Brooks, like so many other young female basketball players, dreams of one day suiting up for the University of Connecticut.

If her recent level of success on the hardwood is an indication, an offer from UCONN is a realistic possibility in the future.

Yeah, but that seems to be an assumption by the author rather than report of interest on her part based on a nickname.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom