Possible 1 Year Transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Possible 1 Year Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You would think, but Robbie Frey had to leave the school a few years back when he couldn't get into graduate classes in his desired major.

Part of the waiver process is that that the kid is entering a graduate program not offered by the school he's leaving, so that may limit where a school can put him.
I forgot about the Robbie Frey situation, that one surprised me.

Reaction Score
With our past apr issues. I imagine Ollie has a short rope. I know he inherited it

Reaction Score
With our past apr issues. I imagine Ollie has a short rope. I know he inherited it
I would imagine part of his new contract restructuring was Ollie needed a guarantee UConn basketball admissions would not be treated differently than other high major D1 schools, it was stressed that the contract took longer to finalize because Ollie needed assurances that UConn would have everything in place for them being a contender long term.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
That would be great if the kid has his head on straight. We need help in the front court. We had no offense from the 5 last year and we could end up with very little from the 4 this year. I'm not as optimistic as most here that there will be a huge improvement from last year's bigs. Plus we need another body

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If he's even 1/10th the player Selvie is I will be doing jumping jacks. Selvie should have had his number retired by now.

Well if we do some mental gymnastics, we can tell ourselves that Selvie's number was retired for 12 years until Purvis came along and ruined it all.

Reaction Score
We need another big. Hope it works out. I don't think he'll be disgruntled anymore if he sets foot on campus as a UConn hoops player.

Reaction Score
Seeing that Godfrey is 23 and a graduate, if KO and UConn are willing to take him on, maybe he's matured some. I don't want the program to take on a problem, but let's consider that Godfrey might have turned the corner and that KO has an opportunity to mentor this once troubled kid.

Experiencing success on and off the court can be a win-win situation for all concerned.

Reaction Score
husky99 said:

I don't think apr would have anything to do with a graduate student. NCAA only gets in a snit about the first degree, not the second.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think apr would have anything to do with a graduate student. NCAA only gets in a snit about the first degree, not the second.

I'd have to agree - hard to imagine any APR issues that could arise from having a one-year graduate stint.

Reaction Score
I'm addition to some academic questions, Godfrey also appears to have a colorful disciplinary history. Of course, nobody I'd rather have than Ollie to manage a guy like that. I hope they can work something out; this would take a lot of pressure off of our current group of *bigs, and could turn our frontcourt into a strength.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

If you don't graduate from grad school can that count against APR? Can't we design some independent study program - and call it Sports and Society or something like that?

Reaction Score
Something tells me as much as we could use him it won't happen. If possible would like to have him.

C

Chief00

Maybe he can take Molecular Biology with Lenehan. Go on academic probation after semester 1 - and then the rest is history. It would be understandable after a year if that strigent grad major is not for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Talk is grades etc could be to big of an issue. .my guess is a Memphis like school

Or the ACC...academic-centric universities like the Ville, FSU, NCST and THE University of North Carolina seem like logical landing spots...

Reaction Score
During KO's coaching career he's gonna bring in an ocassional " risky" player. This may be his first.

As long as we don't get anymore of the stalker type from a few years ago. Cant think of his name, but he got in trouble and never played a game. I believe his recruitment got JC in some trouble as well.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
are you jar-jar binks?

Chap comes off as more savvy than that. I'm going with this dude:

upload_2014-8-3_8-13-41.jpeg

Admiral Ackbar.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

You're talking about an organization with a history of making poor decisions retroactively. Nothing would surprise me.

pj

Reaction Score
You would think, but Robbie Frey had to leave the school a few years back when he couldn't get into graduate classes in his desired major.

Part of the waiver process is that that the kid is entering a graduate program not offered by the school he's leaving, so that may limit where a school can put him.

Hopefully UConn's astrophysics program is understanding.

This should alleviate the physics department's concerns. They only have to keep him eligible through the first semester. They can fail him in the second.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would think Graduate school rules are the same. End in "good standing". But no graduation penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom