Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's on Twitter.

And throwing feces at the Big 12 offices takes up an awful lot of his time these days.
After seeing he posts/retweets/likes about 50 times a day on twitter I'm pretty sure he's lost his boneyard password and his account is linked to an email he doesn't use anymore

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He's on Twitter.

And throwing feces at the Big 12 offices takes up an awful lot of his time these days.

Hahah, well glad to know he's alright, just in a different corner on the Internet universe.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
While yes the block C does harken the "good old days" of UConn football it also hardens the days UConn used different logos for every sport which makes no goshdarn sense. You don't see people on the hoops board pining for this thing that was worn by 3 national champs

IMG_2294.PNG

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was interested to see Corey Edsall post this on Twitter a few weeks back...maybe we'll see something with one of these logos.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I was interested to see Corey Edsall post this on Twitter a few weeks back...maybe we'll see something with one of these logos.

I had a khaki adjustable strap hat with the big creamy UConn script when I was like 8. That thing was the coolest

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
UConn needs to be consistent across all sports - color schemes, logos, fonts, etc.. Back in the day it was a hodgepodge - football, baseball, basketball team, and i think even the soccer team had different logos, different colors (some with red, some without, different shade of blue, etc...). The Athl Dept is trying to create a consistent brand/branding across all sports. Hopefully they continue with that. The UConn logo should be consistent, the husky dog needs to be consistent, the colors need to be consistent, any and all logos need to be consistent. Just my opinion.
I keep hearing about consistency but the baseball team has the hook C. I would love to see the block C back for football. Would help me forget the last 6 years.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I keep hearing about consistency but the baseball team has the hook C. I would love to see the block C back for football. Would help me forget the last 6 years.
A lot of schools actually use different hat logos for baseball. I think the school decided the dog head and UCONN just didn't look right. Can't go with UCONN because it would just be small version of what's on the chest which is kinda weird.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be upset with the white, blue stripe&mask. Away uniforms would look clean. I do like the block c tho. Just limit the red in UConn football please!

I like it. Now reverse the colors with a blue version. White stripe and white face mask. At home you could wear the white helmet, blue jersey and white pants. On the road go blue helmet, white jersey and blue pants. Occasionally throw in the alt gray kit, or break out the block C as a throwback.

Reaction Score
Personally I think we should've kept a letter logo when we did the rebrand. Every school has two logos, their 'cartoon logo' and a letter logo. See Wisconsin's W and their Bucky logo.

Whenever our logo is shown next to other school's, they always have a letter logo and we're one of the few with a cartoon logo. Plus letter logos are just more classic imo.

Reaction Score
Personally I think we should've kept a letter logo when we did the rebrand. Every school has two logos, their 'cartoon logo' and a letter logo. See Wisconsin's W and their Bucky logo.

Whenever our logo is shown next to other school's, they always have a letter logo and we're one of the few with a cartoon logo. Plus letter logos are just more classic imo.

Couldn't agree with you more

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Agreed. Letter logos look 1000% better. Our re-brand, in my opinion, looked second rate. It was also a bad move because we were a school that was high revenue, but relatively new on the scene. We needed lasting brand recognition and the cultivation of tradition, but instead we did a total overhaul. Doesn't help that it happened at the same time that realignment came and effed us. Old Husky with some sort of UC design

Reaction Score
While yes the block C does harken the "good old days" of UConn football it also hardens the days UConn used different logos for every sport which makes no goshdarn sense. You don't see people on the hoops board pining for this thing that was worn by 3 national champs

View attachment 21922

JMO but that logo would actually look good placed at the base of the collar on the football jersey.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agreed. Letter logos look 1000% better. Our re-brand, in my opinion, looked second rate. It was also a bad move because we were a school that was high revenue, but relatively new on the scene. We needed lasting brand recognition and the cultivation of tradition, but instead we did a total overhaul. Doesn't help that it happened at the same time that realignment came and effed us. Old Husky with some sort of UC design
...and what about the damn white dog! We need a white husky.

...or am I just piling on, pointlessly?

Reaction Score

Not a huge fan of this logo. However, this is the best it's ever looked. Nice job.

For what it's worth I love the block C. I think it can be incorporated into our new design. Many schools have multiple logos for the helmet or script on the jerseys or whatever. OSU cowboys have both the OSU and cowboy for the helmet and Oklahoma St spelled out on jersey's. Florida has on their helmets, Gators, the actual gator head, Florida and a F. Now stands for fail but thats another topic. All I'm saying is there is room for multiple options on the helmet and still stay true to a brand.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom