Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets?

Reaction Score
So if we are going back to the Block C does that mean that the White Husky will be coming back too? Asking for a friend.

image4.jpg
No, it would most likely just be the secondary logo. White husky looks history. Can't believe Nike had us give up that uniqueness.

Reaction Score
I think we'd have to buy another husky puppy for a mascot if we went back to all white :) I've never seen the helmet in @Hound11 's post. I like it. I'll always be a fan of the old Jonathan over the new Jonathan logo. Not that I don't like the new one.. I just felt like the old one was uniquely ours. Seems like every other husky/wolf team has a logo that looks like ours, or I guess you could say ours resembles every other wolf/husky team's. I believe that is a thing of the past though.

Reaction Score
Oh goody, this again. *sigh*

The only problem with the block C is that it was ONLY associated with the football program. They did the rebranding in 2013 to give a similar look to ALL the UConn sports teams. That includes the logo and the red trim.

By the way - anyone happen to notice that just about every other team in this conference has multiple alternate unis & helmets? No reason why we can't have an alternate uni with the block C helmet to appease the masses.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Everyone is over complicating this. Keep the Nike Dog on everything (for every sport), just for football change only the helmet to the block C (and get rid of any red on the football uni). There, that its, done. I don't think it will confuse anyone or dilute the marketing impact.

Reaction Score
2017_8_31HolyCrossCrusadersUConnHuskiesFootball004.jpg
The Block C is already on the football helmet. Just need to make it bigger and more prominent.

Reaction Score
Wait a year for the defense to improve a bit. To me the block C represented a hard hitting defense until that returns keep the other helmet....that represents the current defense, light/hardly hitting.

Reaction Score
“The uniform is not changing for next season,” a source with knowledge of the situation responded. “Our next uniform change will be for 2019. It’s a normal cycle, in the three-year range to work on a new uniform design with Nike. It has nothing to do with the ‘Block C’ or anything like that. It’s just a normal uniform update.”

(A normal cycle to update uniforms every 3 years?)

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing both the Block C and the new Husky logo incorporated into the next uni update. Would keep some continuity and give us a return look of the Edsall 1.0 UConn years. Also bring blue helmets back as one of the alternates. If done right it could all look real sharp.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
UConn must go back to navy and white predominantly for football, including the navy helmet. Nike should create a simpler, more streamlined look for us.

A good spin on the rebrand would be having the block C outlined in red (consistent with new branding). I'm sorry but that is our helmet, not the current garbage.

1024x1024.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm in Texas. No one here cares about northeastern football, so I can get completely neutral opinions. Everyone here says the "block C" is the best helmet we ever had.
Agreed. The first time I walked into the Rent to watch a game I saw that block C and to me it said bigtime. I said, wow, things have changed at UConn.

Reaction Score
Glad we'll never ever ever go back to the old Husky dog.. ever.... You think we'd have a hard time getting fans to come... Make that prominent and watch what happens...

Also, whatever we do with the unis we better have a legit alternate uni... obviously we Edsall wasn't too fond of the one Disco had or else we would've used it...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom