Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets? | The Boneyard

Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets?

Reaction Score
So they were selling used gear at a deep discount at the Spring game last night. One of the hot items being grabbed up was white helmets. Could UConn be getting rid of them in a bid to make room in the storage closet for new Blue helmets? We need conspiracy kitty to investigate!

Reaction Score
Anything is possible but the version they were offloading yesterday were the old style Riddell helmets.

I believe the new version the team is moving towards is the Riddell SpeedFlex (the ones w/ the hexagon on the crown). Could be wrong but thought I heard/read that.

That doesn't mean they can't be blue ;)

Reaction Score
Still assembling mine from yesterday(the clips are a hassle) - gotta say they look sharp (and for 25 bucks is a sweet deal). Would love to see blue helmets return again, but these white ones look nice too as an alternate. Wish they'd use the blue or white grill - that red is still too red.

18056687_10212427905433318_8033729091486085703_n.jpg

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not sure Coach but be on the lookout for the red to be phased out of our color scheme Heard something to that effect last night

Across the board? Or in football? Wouldn't make sense IMO if it was just a phase out in football. The whole purpose of the re-brand was to get away from different programs having different logos and color schemes

Reaction Score
Across the board? Or in football? Wouldn't make sense IMO if it was just a phase out in football. The whole purpose of the re-brand was to get away from different programs having different logos and color schemes

Not sure I understand what your saying there. The rebranding of UConn was to give them a more generic look? I know that's what was accomplished.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure Coach but be on the lookout for the red to be phased out of our color scheme Heard something to that effect last night
He wasn't a fan when he was here, but that was before the Nike rebrand.

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand what your saying there. The rebranding of UConn was to give them a more generic look? I know that's what was accomplished.
The football team under Edsall 1.0 had the block C as its logo, no red, and "Connecticut" across the jerseys; BBall teams had the Huksy as its logo, frequently featured red trim, and "UConn" across the jersey.

They tried to have one congruent logo and color scheme with what we have now

Reaction Score
Still assembling mine from yesterday(the clips are a hassle) - gotta say they look sharp (and for 25 bucks is a sweet deal). Would love to see blue helmets return again, but these white ones look nice too as an alternate. Wish they'd use the blue or white grill - that red is still too red.

18056687_10212427905433318_8033729091486085703_n.jpg
Wow, that is sweet.

Reaction Score
Do you think they remove the last names from the back of the jerseys? I know during the RE1.0 era the jerseys didn't have last names on the back. They didn't put names on the back of the jerseys until Pasqualoni came to town. I believe some coaches think that players need to earn their names on the jerseys.

Reaction Score
I also heard someone say that Edsall was not big fan of Diaco emphasis on red as apparently red was more prevalent in program than just the stupid pants.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Red should only be used as a highlight/ accent. Red piping on the uni's is fine. No big red patches.

As to helmuts, it would be interesting to see if the logo goes with a blue helmut.

Reaction Score
Red should only be used as a highlight/ accent. Red piping on the uni's is fine. No big red patches.

As to helmuts, it would be interesting to see if the logo goes with a blue helmut.
I've actually grown to like the white helmets a lot, but would much prefer the blue face masks like in the photo above

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've actually grown to like the white helmets a lot, but would much prefer the blue face masks like in the photo above

I'm good with the new helmets with the blue face mask, or with the block C helmets. The Pasqualoni era helmet made my hemorrhoids flare up... :eek:

Reaction Score
So they were selling used gear at a deep discount at the Spring game last night. One of the hot items being grabbed up was white helmets. Could UConn be getting rid of them in a bid to make room in the storage closet for new Blue helmets? We need conspiracy kitty to investigate!
Not sure but attended the game with someone who has followed the team for decades. Was as giddy as a 8 year old with a new bike getting a helmet late in the sale for $10.00. This with the face guard (white) and chin strap, he also upon cashing out got the logo decals and blue stripe to apply. Ironically later in the game he commented to me about the helmets the team was wearing. Is Randy going ala Penn ST? No logo just strait up white helmets.

UConn football spring game 2017 - Yahoo Video Search Results

Personally I am a fan of and will always believe the Block C was our best football identity. No matter what, got tickets, will be at the games cheering on the team regardless of the color of the helmet.
If they perform in the entertaining manner that was presented against opponents it should produce positive results. With no malice and all due respect to the OP, topics like this will be rendered meaningless in the near future...:)

Reaction Score
We can ditch the uniforms too! Bring back the National Flag Blue and Arctic White please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom