Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Possibility of returning to Blue Helmets?

Reaction Score
Block C means we wipe out anything to do with the past two idiots and get back to tradition. Let's exercise those demons.
No no no, exercising the demons is exactly the opposite of what we want to do. Think you meant to say EXORCISE. ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think it need to be pointed out again that the UCONN word mark uses the same font as the Block C. The two things work together. With the doghead logo as an alternate (either blue or white), it presents a very strong branding package.

C
UCONN
Doghead.

You can keep the eyes banner motif if you like. You can use the word mark where there is space, the Block C where there isn't, and the doghead to sell more merchandise. The combinations are endless.

Right now we have dog, wordmark, and dog with word mark.

The other plus to the Block C (and why it was adopted in the first place) is that it fits with schools like Michigan, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Georgia. The dog fits and gets confused with schools like New Mexico, Nevada, and various community colleges.

The old husky isn't coming back and a white version isn't all that more likely, but there is no reason not to use this transition to juice up the branding which by all accounts has been underwhelming.

And we need a new costume head for the mascot.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I like winning. That's what I like. I don't care if the helmets are blue, white, grey or have eyes, don't have eyes or a logo at all.

Just beat the opponent at breakfast, lunch, dinner, games and everything else.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh my god those are terrible.
Yeah but compared to what we were actually wearing at the time, they were a huge step up.

I like what this guy did making the husky bigger. It looks better.

img_6375-jpg.21920

CL82

Reaction Score
And we need a new costume head for the mascot.
+1

The white costume husky was 100% better looking. The eyes on the new one are too big and the grey fur too generic.

#bringbackthewhitedog

Reaction Score
Yeah but compared to what we were actually wearing at the time, they were a huge step up.

img_6375-jpg.21920

I like this one too, but I really wish they would keep the jerseys basic. The "Penn State" look but w/ our colors, Blue w/ white numbers (red highlighted) and white w/ Blue numbers (red highlighted).

Reaction Score
Also, I wouldn't be opposed to wearing the white helmut for home and blue helmut for away games.

Reaction Score
I'd support a larger husky head on the sides. I think one of the biggest misses with the "Call of the Wild" was not making the top half of the husky head/brow large enough. It should have been similar to a hockey mask.

Reaction Score
I also heard someone say that Edsall was not big fan of Diaco emphasis on red as apparently red was more prevalent in program than just the stupid pants.
Edsall and I are on the same page with that

Reaction Score

img_6375-jpg.21920
If the facemask was national flag blue, yes...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I see no reason they cannot bring back the Block C helmet and keep the Nike Dog for clothing, field graphic, etc. Its about time they do a bigger uni update and so I could see that happening. The Block C had good karma.

Reaction Score
If the Block C comes back it means a rebranding again for Athletics. Maybe that was part of the new deal with Nike. If there is no rebranding then I can see it as part of the 3rd or alternate uniform.

Reaction Score
If the Block C comes back it means a rebranding again for Athletics. Maybe that was part of the new deal with Nike. If there is no rebranding then I can see it as part of the 3rd or alternate uniform.

I can’t see a complete athletic department rebranding — it likely would be a throwback as Randy has mentioned previously or alternative uniform option.

CL82

Reaction Score
Saw this tease today on Twitter?

So if we are going back to the Block C does that mean that the White Husky will be coming back too? Asking for a friend.

image4.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom