Please Be Careful | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it’s hoops but I wanted to share this just in case. A former employees father of mine who was 78, not ill and preexisting conditions of diabetes and high blood pressure passed from Covid in just 1 week. His son who lives with him and was going to the gym brought it home. Why they never signed him up and got him the vaccine a month ago I don’t know but they could have It seems. They are all devastated over something preventable. If you have aged people you know go and call for them to get an appointment as many are not computer savvy or will not take the initiative themselves. No one is wearing masks in the gyms ( I got the vaccine) and I understand that because you can’t breathe well. Second person I know but the first got it too early for the vaccine.

Reaction Score
The misinformation going around along with people's willingness to accept it at face value continues to astonish me. So much of it is easily debunked with a modicum of internet searching but only if an individual actually wants to get to the truth. Take Nomar's joke about government tracking of people via the vaccine, some people are actually convinced of this stuff.

A concerning point was made earlier in the thread about variants. The more late adopters and outright refusers we have, the more likely we are to see mutations develop for which the vaccines don't work. Then we have to develop new ones and so on. We might never get ahead of it if adoption doesn't improve globally. Masks and other restrictions could be with us for a lot longer.

Secondly, and I've been banging drums in many similar threads, this is not a two-outcome disease. Yes, the fatality rate is low. Thankfully, I don't personally know anybody that has died from Covid. But I do know three people that have been on oxygen for several months and don't know if/when they will be able to get off of it. There are many "long haulers" even among younger age groups.

I understand having concerns about the long term side effects of the vaccine but there is no evidence of anything to be concerned about yet nor do scientists expect any (obviously) based on the technology which has been around a while. While on the other hand we are seeing clear evidence of long-term effects from the disease in many who do not die including young people and those with mild or asymptomatic cases.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I heard many stories about kids infecting their parents and the parent dying. Regardless of how it happened, the kid living with that has got to feel freakin terrible. It may be a feeling that will never go away, without help.

Hopefully he/she can forgive themselves.
He or she should feel terrible, I wouldn't feel sorry for them

Reaction Score
My wife and I know about twenty people who have contracted the disease. Their conditions range from minor discomfort to "covid toes" (in our 17 year old granddaughter) to severe illness at home to multiple hospitalizations to death. Anti-vaxxers seem to have forgotten that vaccination virtually eliminated polio and smallpox.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
HAHA - as if they had a tracker they wouldn't just put it in something else we already ingested.
The Wire Wow GIF

Reaction Score
I see the white trails in the sky where government planes are spraying mind control drugs....daily.

I put on my NBC warfare mask when outside and repeat my basic beliefs often to ensure that I have not yet been controlled..

"Never throw behind the runner"

"Never hit on 18"

Reaction Score
I don’t know what gyms you’re citing, but I’m a member at 3 CT gyms and every one wears masks. Even if you pull the mask down and expose your nose, you get told fairly quickly to pull it back up, and disinfecting spray bottles are all over the place. Even so many members have already been vaccinated myself included.
There’s a gym where I am and no one wears masks. I was there one day and then demanded my money back.
I made my mother’s appointment for her since she was having trouble. Sometimes parents fight you but do it anyway.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing this confusion crop up everywhere. Some people don't seem to understand that the vaccines provide immunity to symptomatic Covid-19, meaning you don't get sick from it and you probably don't transmit it to others.

It does not protect you from contracting asymptomatic Covid-19 and testing positive for it even after you are fully vaccinated.

Even this isn't necessarily true. They simply don't know yet if it protects from contracting asymptomatic Covid or from spreading the disease, but the early returns are encouraging. It would be highly unusual if the vaccine did not at least greatly curtail asymptomatic spread.

Reaction Score
The misinformation going around along with people's willingness to accept it at face value continues to astonish me. So much of it is easily debunked with a modicum of internet searching but only if an individual actually wants to get to the truth. Take Nomar's joke about government tracking of people via the vaccine, some people are actually convinced of this stuff.

A concerning point was made earlier in the thread about variants. The more late adopters and outright refusers we have, the more likely we are to see mutations develop for which the vaccines don't work. Then we have to develop new ones and so on. We might never get ahead of it if adoption doesn't improve globally. Masks and other restrictions could be with us for a lot longer.

Secondly, and I've been banging drums in many similar threads, this is not a two-outcome disease. Yes, the fatality rate is low. Thankfully, I don't personally know anybody that has died from Covid. But I do know three people that have been on oxygen for several months and don't know if/when they will be able to get off of it. There are many "long haulers" even among younger age groups.

I understand having concerns about the long term side effects of the vaccine but there is no evidence of anything to be concerned about yet nor do scientists expect any (obviously) based on the technology which has been around a while. While on the other hand we are seeing clear evidence of long-term effects from the disease in many who do not die including young people and those with mild or asymptomatic cases.
There's a neverending supply of stupid people in this country and our political leaders and health leaders have never really been forthright with us from the beginning. It all leads to a whole lot of nonsense.

Reaction Score
HAHA - as if they had a tracker they wouldn't just put it in something else we already ingested. Of all of the nonsense - this one is the funniest.

From a friend yesterday:

"Just got my first dose of Moderna today. I don't have much to say except I am a bit overwhelmed emotionally right now. So I wanted to share some thoughts inspired by the vaccine that just popped into my head. Thanks for indulging me...

Reimagine the way you work with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams. Chat, call, host online meetings, and collaborate in real time, whether you’re working remotely or onsite. Get one integrated solution including Teams, OneDrive cloud storage, and Office apps with advanced security options—at a price that’s right for your business.

From home office to kitchen table to living room couch, Microsoft Surface delivers the power to get it done, hi-res touchscreens and Dolby® Audio™ for music and shows, HD cameras to stay in touch, and the Windows you know.

You can count on Windows 10. People all over the world depend on Windows 10 for many different reasons. Windows 10 has innovations from touch screen support to features that help you focus and create. Windows 10 comes with a comprehensive suite of antivirus, firewall, ransomware protection, and Internet features, built-in with no extra cost to you.

Power your dreams with the Xbox Series X. Experience next-gen speed and performance with the Xbox Velocity Architecture, powered by a custom SSD and integrated software. Play thousands of games from four generations of Xbox with Backward Compatibility, including optimized titles at launch."

Reaction Score
So how does the OP know that the son gave COVID to his father?

And why even share this on a message board? You feel good for suggesting the son gave this disease and killed his own dad? Guess it was because he was so selfish because he went to the gym. Without a mask.

And even the guy who died of COVID gets thrown under the bus. "Why they never signed him up to be vaccinated I don't know...".

How do you know what they did or didn't do? My parents are in their 70s and live in Mass and just got in last Friday for their 2nd shot (they tried for weeks to get their appointments).

You have no idea what this families situation is or what they did and didn't do. And of course no one is bothered by it. Share on a message board a guy died, shame his son for it, and shame the dead guy too. No one blinks an eye. But that's the sick part about COVID some are really enjoying. It's been the greatest gift to the judgmental and self righteous.

Reaction Score
Thanks

This article actually says that those who participated in the Pfizer trial are thought not to be capable of spreading Covid asymptomatically.

So the vaccine may actually prevent transmission up until its efficacy point (95%).

If true, then we would presumably reach herd immunity much quicker.
Great article. Thanks.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Needles in arms that’s all that matters. Make it happen, if you don’t want the vax that’s fine this is a free country but you shouldn’t get any services to treat your covid the end.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even this isn't necessarily true. They simply don't know yet if it protects from contracting asymptomatic Covid or from spreading the disease, but the early returns are encouraging. It would be highly unusual if the vaccine did not at least greatly curtail asymptomatic spread.
Good clarification. My first part is true but I should have said they don’t know yet about the second but the data from that article I linked sounds promising.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They cut corners to rush this to market, which is typical for the vaccine industry which is exempt from liability (see 1986 NVICP signed by Reagan). There is no internal incentive for absolute safety. HCV and HIV vaccines took 25+ years, in terms of R&D and rigorous testing. Then on top of it, we have these various covid vaccines which are only focused on symptom mitigation, albeit important for high risk individuals.

This is what natural selection looks like.

Reaction Score
I heard many stories about kids infecting their parents and the parent dying. Regardless of how it happened, the kid living with that has got to feel freakin terrible. It may be a feeling that will never go away, without help.

Hopefully he/she can forgive themselves.
Probably learned a good lesson at least

Reaction Score
My wife is a covid nazi, but in the end I'm thankful for it. There are a lot of people out there killing other people and they have no idea.
Someone’s protect the idiots from themselves, amirite?

Reaction Score
Needles in arms that’s all that matters. Make it happen, if you don’t want the vax that’s fine this is a free country but you shouldn’t get any services to treat your covid the end.
No STD services if you don’t wear condoms either

Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme is giving away free donuts every day for a year if you get the vaccine, isn’t that a little counter productive there eating donuts every day for a year. Nonetheless guess it’s a cool gesture on Krispy Kreme behalf.

Reaction Score
Yes and you do whatever you’re comfortable with. The death rate is 1.8%. My condolences to your own personal experience but the odds are near all will not die from this. Obesity, age, and any other co-morbidities are major factors in determining your own risk.
It's a good thing you only have to worry about death with COVID. Oh wait...

Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme is giving away free donuts every day for a year if you get the vaccine, isn’t that a little counter productive there eating donuts every day for a year. Nonetheless guess it’s a cool gesture on Krispy Kreme behalf.
Lol I’m gonna treat this like a bad joke because everyone else is about to go in on you if you’re serious

Reaction Score
I know it’s hoops but I wanted to share this just in case. A former employees father of mine who was 78, not ill and preexisting conditions of diabetes and high blood pressure passed from Covid in just 1 week. His son who lives with him and was going to the gym brought it home. Why they never signed him up and got him the vaccine a month ago I don’t know but they could have It seems. They are all devastated over something preventable. If you have aged people you know go and call for them to get an appointment as many are not computer savvy or will not take the initiative themselves. No one is wearing masks in the gyms ( I got the vaccine) and I understand that because you can’t breathe well. Second person I know but the first got it too early for the vaccine.
Not surprised you live in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul