Please Be Careful | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it’s hoops but I wanted to share this just in case. A former employees father of mine who was 78, not ill and preexisting conditions of diabetes and high blood pressure passed from Covid in just 1 week. His son who lives with him and was going to the gym brought it home. Why they never signed him up and got him the vaccine a month ago I don’t know but they could have It seems. They are all devastated over something preventable. If you have aged people you know go and call for them to get an appointment as many are not computer savvy or will not take the initiative themselves. No one is wearing masks in the gyms ( I got the vaccine) and I understand that because you can’t breathe well. Second person I know but the first got it too early for the vaccine.

Reaction Score
They’re not experimental. Millions of people have been treated with these vaccines since the end of last year.
They cut corners to rush this to market, which is typical for the vaccine industry which is exempt from liability (see 1986 NVICP signed by Reagan). There is no internal incentive for absolute safety. HCV and HIV vaccines took 25+ years, in terms of R&D and rigorous testing. Then on top of it, we have these various covid vaccines which are only focused on symptom mitigation, albeit important for high risk individuals.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will erupt next year if we don't have massive uptake of these vaccines and then some new variant mutates among the non vaccinated and its puts us back to Square One.

I will be the fascist screaming at you as you shop.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They’re not experimental. Millions of people have been treated with these vaccines since the end of last year.
I'm seeing this confusion crop up everywhere. Some people don't seem to understand that the vaccines provide immunity to symptomatic Covid-19, meaning you don't get sick from it and you probably don't transmit it to others.

It does not protect you from contracting asymptomatic Covid-19 and testing positive for it even after you are fully vaccinated.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing this confusion crop up everywhere. Some people don't seem to understand that the vaccines provide immunity to symptomatic Covid-19, meaning you don't get sick from it and you probably don't transmit it to others.

It does not protect you from contracting asymptomatic Covid-19 and testing positive for it even after you are fully vaccinated.
I heard some epidemiologists this morning say they just don't know the answers to these questions yet.

Reaction Score
There are 3 soon to be 4 vaccines. Which are you passing on?
In my professional opinion, the Pfizer vaccine is the safest, with Moderna close behind it. The Moderna is safe but does cause a side effect in some people, it’s been dubbed “COVID Arm”. The side effect will manifest itself 5 to 9 days after getting the first shot. Symptoms are intense itching of the upper arm that got the shot, and a raised red patch around the injection site. The AZ vaccine I would stay away from until they fix the blood clotting side effects and the data inconsistencies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
They cut corners to rush this to market, which is typical for the vaccine industry which is exempt from liability (see 1986 NVICP signed by Reagan). There is no internal incentive for absolute safety. HCV and HIV vaccines took 25+ years, in terms of R&D and rigorous testing. Then on top of it, we have these various covid vaccines which are only focused on symptom mitigation, albeit important for high risk individuals.
Scientists have been working on vaccines for coronaviruses since SARS in the early 2000s, and coronaviruses are completely different from the viruses that cause hepC and HIV. I understand wanting to be safe but there’s no evidence of significant adverse events from these vaccines.

Reaction Score

With a virus the human immune system eventually wins out over time or humanity would have become extinct long ago. The key is that COVID needs an infected individual to make exact copies of itself to make others sick, so when a mutation occurs 99% of the time those mutations are weaker or are are predisposed to a different blood type, or other clinical factor. If not, the human race would have been wiped out ages ago. I’m more worried about Yellowstone blowing up and killing us all. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Scientists have been working on vaccines for coronaviruses since SARS in the early 2000s, and coronaviruses are completely different from the viruses that cause hepC and HIV. I understand wanting to be safe but there’s no evidence of significant adverse events from these vaccines.

We're going to find out over the next 5 to 10 years, given the abundant sample size. Hopefully, no ADE flareups or sterility issues arise.

Reaction Score
I heard some epidemiologists this morning say they just don't know the answers to these questions yet.
And no one knows how long it lasts. They're talking booster shots in the future to fully vaccinated people.

Reaction Score
And no one knows how long it lasts. They're talking booster shots in the future to fully vaccinated people.
I've only heard of boosters discussed relative to variants.

The idea here is to completely tamp down Covid-19 the way that SARS disappeared, through herd immunity.

But if we don't get there quickly, we'll need boosters for variants in the future.

Obviously--and we can predict this isn't going to get through the brains of many Americans--the US will have to take the lead on helping out immediate neighbors and trading partners get their populations vaccinated as well (I can hear the screams already about a waste of taxpayer money!).

Reaction Score

The mRNA vaccines are different from traditional vaccines so the historical timeline applied to traditional vaccines does not or should not apply here.

I don't disagree that the timeline has been expedited in the midst of a global pandemic but general safety hasn't been compromised. Like any other drug that you take, there are going to be some side effects or risks in taking it. There is no such thing as "absolute safety" for any drug or vaccine.

Reaction Score
No, they don't know for sure, but the early data is very promising:

Thanks

This article actually says that those who participated in the Pfizer trial are thought not to be capable of spreading Covid asymptomatically.

So the vaccine may actually prevent transmission up until its efficacy point (95%).

If true, then we would presumably reach herd immunity much quicker.

Reaction Score
Since I have direct evidence of people dying from not being vaccinated, and it being spread to them by asymptomatic young people I want to know why so many people old and young have been misled and are not getting it. A number of relatives on both sides of my family have been bamboozled with no scientific evidence to support their claims of the vaccine being too dangerous to get. Show me the science. People have and will die from this stupidity.

Reaction Score
Since I have direct evidence of people dying from not being vaccinated, and it being spread to them by asymptomatic young people I want to know why so many people old and young have been misled and are not getting it. A number of relatives on both sides of my family have been bamboozled with no scientific evidence to support their claims of the vaccine being too dangerous to get. Show me the science. People have and will die from this stupidity.
Yes and you do whatever you’re comfortable with. The death rate is 1.8%. My condolences to your own personal experience but the odds are near all will not die from this. Obesity, age, and any other co-morbidities are major factors in determining your own risk.

Reaction Score
The mRNA vaccines are different from traditional vaccines so the historical timeline applied to traditional vaccines does not or should not apply here.

I don't disagree that the timeline has been expedited in the midst of a global pandemic but general safety hasn't been compromised. Like any other drug that you take, there are going to be some side effects or risks in taking it. There is no such thing as "absolute safety" for any drug or vaccine.
Great point - not all vaccines are similar or have similar pathways from concept to viability.

This article came out last month, but I thought it did a great job explaining how mRNA vaccines have been developed, and how they have been able to significantly shorten the amount of time required to create them.

Reaction Score

I think the only scientific evidence we really have at this point is that the vaccines very likely do not have severe side effects for the vast majority of people who take them, and that they provide some level of protection. Beyond that we don't know too much. I understand people having qualms given the expedited emergency approval process, the questions about ultimate efficacy, and the minimal level of risk to young healthy people from COVID.

I'm personally in between Moderna shots, but that's partly because at this point I'd let people inject anything into my arm to get my kids back in school full time. It will be a very different calculus for me if the vaccines are approved for children without a more standard review process.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No, they don't know for sure, but the early data is very promising:

It seems like the scientists saying "I don't know yet" reasonably beli fe based on past vaccines that these COVID vaccines prevent transmission. They just can't yet say it scientifically.

These same people would go to the beach and say they're not sure if it's water because they haven't done scientific research on it yet.

I'm fully confident watching numbers drop around the country of new cases, reduced hospitalizations, lower death rates, etc that vaccinated people very rarely if ever can carry and pass on the virus to others. The stuff I was reading were doctors saying there isn't any case they can point to of passing it on from a vaccinated person.

We will be very close to normal in 6-8 weeks.

Reaction Score
Stories like this are terrible. The poor kid will never get over it, such a preventable death. A guy I knew through work (we had a few shared clients) passed away from COVID last week. He wasn't even 50 years old. I don't know if he had a pre-existing condition but I do know he had two younger kids. Just a horrible situation.

COVID fatigue has hit way too many people, especially in the last couple of months. The finish line is in sight and some states and many people are acting like we're already in the clear.

My parents are in their 70s and have been diligent with their safety through the entire pandemic until more recently. Just before they go their vaxx they started asking about doing less-safe activities. Going to more places in public, having unvaccinated people in their home. Thankfully my sister and I were able to talk some sense into them and they're both now fully vaccinated, but for a brief stretch it was as if they were different people and ready to throw caution to the wind.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What language is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members