Please Be Careful | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Please Be Careful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it’s hoops but I wanted to share this just in case. A former employees father of mine who was 78, not ill and preexisting conditions of diabetes and high blood pressure passed from Covid in just 1 week. His son who lives with him and was going to the gym brought it home. Why they never signed him up and got him the vaccine a month ago I don’t know but they could have It seems. They are all devastated over something preventable. If you have aged people you know go and call for them to get an appointment as many are not computer savvy or will not take the initiative themselves. No one is wearing masks in the gyms ( I got the vaccine) and I understand that because you can’t breathe well. Second person I know but the first got it too early for the vaccine.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme is giving away free donuts every day for a year if you get the vaccine, isn’t that a little counter productive there eating donuts every day for a year. Nonetheless guess it’s a cool gesture on Krispy Kreme behalf.
I’m going to break those Em Efers if I have to gain 30 pounds to do it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
No STD services if you don’t wear condoms either
Considering that everyone on earth who has multiple sexual partners likely has an std or has had one I don’t think this is the same but I’m fine with it as policy

Reaction Score
I think the only scientific evidence we really have at this point is that the vaccines very likely do not have severe side effects for the vast majority of people who take them, and that they provide some level of protection. Beyond that we don't know too much. I understand people having qualms given the expedited emergency approval process, the questions about ultimate efficacy, and the minimal level of risk to young healthy people from COVID.

I'm personally in between Moderna shots, but that's partly because at this point I'd let people inject anything into my arm to get my kids back in school full time. It will be a very different calculus for me if the vaccines are approved for children without a more standard review process.

What the hell are you talking about selles they are in trials now for people down to age 16 and will do more trials for younger people than that. The more standard review process has been getting done as this pandemic has been going on and vaccines have been developed. The amount of blood clots in the Astra -Zeneca vaccinated population matches that in the regular population. It was a red herring.

Reaction Score
Yes and you do whatever you’re comfortable with. The death rate is 1.8%. My condolences to your own personal experience but the odds are near all will not die from this. Obesity, age, and any other co-morbidities are major factors in determining your own risk.
And if it was only about the individual nationally I would agree, but not getting the vaccine while it may not affect you personally can kill someone else. Maybe not in your case but asymptomatic carriers can kill grandma or grandpa. I’ve seen this happpen more than once.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Many health-care workers have not gotten a coronavirus vaccine - The Washington Post

According to a Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll, barely half of front-line health-care workers (52 percent) said they had received at least their first vaccine dose at the time they were surveyed. More than 1 in 3 said they were not confident vaccines were sufficiently tested for safety and effectiveness.

The nationally representative survey of 1,327 front-line health-care workers, conducted Feb. 11 through March 7, illustrates the challenges ahead as vaccine advocates try to persuade a wider population — with less familiarity with medicine — to get vaccinated.

Reaction Score
Many health-care workers have not gotten a coronavirus vaccine - The Washington Post

According to a Washington Post-Kaiser Family Foundation poll, barely half of front-line health-care workers (52 percent) said they had received at least their first vaccine dose at the time they were surveyed. More than 1 in 3 said they were not confident vaccines were sufficiently tested for safety and effectiveness.

The nationally representative survey of 1,327 front-line health-care workers, conducted Feb. 11 through March 7, illustrates the challenges ahead as vaccine advocates try to persuade a wider population — with less familiarity with medicine — to get vaccinated.
If we have that many dumb and or selfish people they can remain outside of society while the rest of us fully return to it.

Reaction Score

Health care workers are not universally intelligent just because they are in healthcare.

Reaction Score
Health care workers are not universally intelligent just because they are in healthcare.
I would like to see a breakdown asto whether it's nurses, docs, cleaning staff, dietary lab, radiology, PT. Be nice to know if it is isolated to certain groups.
But 50% of correctional.officers are refusing as are at least 30% of the military

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Krispy Kreme is giving away free donuts every day for a year if you get the vaccine, isn’t that a little counter productive there eating donuts every day for a year. Nonetheless guess it’s a cool gesture on Krispy Kreme behalf.

wardemanuelsmiling.gif

Reaction Score
This is what natural selection looks like.
I know right. Imagine being hesitant to get a vaccine from a trillion dollar industry that profits on people being sick which has also been granted full immununity from any negative repercussions regarding side effects. The gaul.

Anyone who says the the vaccines are safe is speaking on hope alone. There are 0 longitudinal studies that say this is safe. There is a reason every SARS vaccine has been rejected by the FDA prior this one.

You are test group no matter What you tell yourself.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If we have that many dumb and or selfish people they can remain outside of society while the rest of us fully return to it.
I would like to see a breakdown asto whether it's nurses, docs, cleaning staff, dietary lab, radiology, PT. Be nice to know if it is isolated to certain groups.
But 50% of correctional.officers are refusing as are at least 30% of the military

I was curious to the breakdown as well. Nothing in there.

Bigger picture is despite what people are chirping on this message board large percentages of adults in industries with contact with COVID patients are opting out of getting the vaccine. I've yet to see any information on unvaccinated employees in these groups continuing to get COVID while vaccinated workers don't catch it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

There are some charts with different breakdowns.

1616554574331.png

Reaction Score
Needles in arms that’s all that matters. Make it happen, if you don’t want the vax that’s fine this is a free country but you shouldn’t get any services to treat your covid the end.
If you smoke and get emphysema, no treatment for you the end

Reaction Score
Meriden. It's usually a few groups of high school kids that put their masks around their chins instead of wearing them.
The Meriden Edge is my primary gym. I’ve always been impressed by how disciplined people are wearing masks there, even young people. I’ve been here in Florida working remotely for two months and stopped going to the gym because nobody wore masks, cleaned equipment etc. I couldn’t risk bringing Covid home to my elderly parents. It is a pleasure not wearing a mask but too dangerous in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I lived in Fort Myers from 2010-15. Aside from the large number of FGCU bros, I loved that gym and still miss it.

Reaction Score
I will pass on the experimental vaccine that doesn't prevent contraction. Everyone has a choice I guess. Weigh the pros vs cons
A short story on the other side of the vaccine coin:

My cousin’s step father was 79 and doing relatively well while living alone in his house for the last several years. He had survived by not acquiring COVID over the last year. However, he received his 2nd “vaccine” shot about 2.5 weeks ago. My cousin said that his health took a definite turn for the worse right after receiving that shot. She said that he began to lose his strength and his health started to deteriorate at a constant rate until he passed away last week. He did have diabetes, so perhaps that contributed to his death along with the "vaccine", but, there is no way of telling.

One question: how can it be considered as a "vaccine" when you can still get and transmit the virus?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
A short story on the other side of the vaccine coin:

My cousin’s step father was 79 and doing relatively well while living alone in his house for the last several years. He had survived by not acquiring COVID over the last year. However, he received his 2nd “vaccine” shot about 2.5 weeks ago. My cousin said that his health took a definite turn for the worse right after receiving that shot. She said that he began to lose his strength and his health started to deteriorate at a constant rate until he passed away last week. He did have diabetes, so perhaps that contributed to his death along with the "vaccine", but, there is no way of telling.

One question: how can it be considered as a "vaccine" when you can still get and transmit the virus?
I don't to downplay your personal situation but this n=1 example isn't a "short story on the other side" Medicine impacts all different types of people differently. One can't conclude that because something bad happened to 1 person it's awful for everyone hence the purpose of clinical trials.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I heard many stories about kids infecting their parents and the parent dying. Regardless of how it happened, the kid living with that has got to feel freakin terrible. It may be a feeling that will never go away, without help.

Hopefully he/she can forgive themselves.

I finally visited my parents last week. First time in a year and a half, since Charleston Classic in 2019. But that was my fear. If I could drive to them I wouldn't have worried about it, but I have to fly and you just don't know. Covid tests can be false negatives for a few days after exposure. But they both got Vaxed and ultimately I went down. Can't live in fear forever I guess.

Reaction Score
I don't to downplay your personal situation but this n=1 example isn't a "short story on the other side" Medicine impacts all different types of people differently. One can't conclude that because something bad happened to 1 person it's awful for everyone hence the purpose of clinical trials.
Not to mention it's possible that the vaccine had absolutely nothing to do his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom