PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 59 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We old farts are just having fun with you young-uns.

Many of us have seen hundreds of AG's(different positions) over our lifetime, so forgive us for yawning at a high schooler. We save this kind of excitement for the female anatomy which we don't see as often.

One day you will understand.

Basically this isn't our first video (or is it rodeo?)

Reaction Score
http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsreport-chick-fil-a-invitational-recap-jan-6-2016/

Alterique Gilbert – (Lithonia, Ga) – Miller Grove – 2016

The UConn bound guard does a good job of handling the break as he pushes the ball coast to coast with a speed dribble or will look up to advance the ball with the pass. He plays under control and can not only hit the open 3 but can knock down the pull up jumper as well. Gilbert has excellent court vision and he is one of the few point guards that consistently looks to feed the post and has the skills to do it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsreport-chick-fil-a-invitational-recap-jan-6-2016/

The UConn bound guard does a good job of handling the break as he pushes the ball coast to coast with a speed dribble or will look up to advance the ball with the pass. He plays under control and can not only hit the open 3 but can knock down the pull up jumper as well. Gilbert has excellent court vision and he is one of the few point guards that consistently looks to feed the post and has the skills to do it.

He just sounds better and better and better. He shoots from 3, midrange, finishes drives to the hoop, passes well/feeds the post, and has been described as a lock-down defender. He's strong, jumps out of the gym, and pushes the ball on the break. Is his only weakness the fact that he is somewhat vertically challenged?

Reaction Score

I can just see the threads this time next year: "Alterique Gilbert: biggest recruiting bust ever?"

Reaction Score

Whoa, he can feed the post ??? KO may have to actually devise a game plan that uses this skill since it's something we do so rarely these days. We may throw one into Miller every now and then and to DD 2 years ago, but I can't remember when we had any real designed low post offensive plays with our 5's. Anyone wonder why we have trouble recruiting a talented 5.

Reaction Score
Well as long as freshman Alterique plays like senior Shabazz I'm ok. Is that too much to expect?

Jalen and Alterique are going to set the world on fire.

But then they'll both leave very early, so we badly need a PG recruit in the 2017 class like Makai A-L.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

But then they'll both leave very early, so we badly need a PG recruit in the 2017 class like Makai A-L.

At 5'10-ish, Alterique will be here for 3 years minimum. Really tough to overcome that stigma at the next level.

Reaction Score

Yes but I think Jalen and Alterique stay at least 3 years. I'd love to have Makai still. Our 2017 is complete with Makai, Diallo, and Brown if you ask me.

Reaction Score
Yes but I think Jalen and Alterique stay at least 3 years. I'd love to have Makai still. Our 2017 is complete with Makai, Diallo, and Brown if you ask me.

No, no, no. They will set the world on fire and stay only 2. We need another PG ASAP.

Reaction Score
Between :30 - :42 that kid is all details got to love the way he tucks in his shirt....good stuff right there.

Reaction Score
http://ontheradarhoops.com/otrhoopsreport-uconn-2016-recruiting-class-january-8-2016/

OTRHoopsReport.com Eval by Jonathan Hemingway
May 24, 2015 Nike EYBL (Minneapolis, Minn.)

Despite not shooting the ball that well today, Gilbert was one of the top point guards on the circuit. He averaged 15 points and 5 assists for the year. His 41% and 33% shooting percentages are modest, but he is an effective play-maker off the drive. He does a good job of finding the open teammate in the half-court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom