PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 60 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This video is pretty frustrating as it doesn't show the actual dunk in real time, but here's an alley oop dunk from Gilbert:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This video is pretty frustrating as it doesn't show the actual dunk in real time, but here's an alley oop dunk from Gilbert:

"Gymratinsider" should hire you tcf. Sheesh. What the hell kind of video editing is that...

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Which guard spot will he play? Jalen point, AG 2G?

Reaction Score
Alterique will be the point guard from day 1.

This is interesting. So you are basing this on RP leaving? Then JA playing the 2? (hope that jumper gets better, it should). Or if RP stays AG starts over JA?

If RP leaves the 2 spot will have to be addressed. 5th year Sr or late decommit something.

Reaction Score
So we will have a 2G who struggles to shoot from distance?
Yup, and likely a point guard who isn't a particularly great shooter either. Gilbert is apparently shooting 33% from 3 and 41% overall, in high school.

Reaction Score
I expect Purvis to leave and Alterique and Jalen to start in the backcourt. Alterique is more of point guard than Jalen but all of our successful teams have two guys who can really handle and penetrate.

caw

Reaction Score
Yup, and likely a point guard who isn't a particularly great shooter either. Gilbert is apparently shooting 33% from 3 and 41% overall, in high school.

I'm 99% sure his percentages for the whole season are much higher. I believe there was a tweet regarding a 3-4 game tournament where his percentages were about what you state.

Reaction Score
I'm 99% sure his percentages for the whole season are much higher. I believe there was a tweet regarding a 3-4 game tournament where his percentages were about what you state.

That eval is from May.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Alterique to start his freshman year. First off the bench? Absolutely. If Purvis leaves I think it's Adams, Larrier, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah. If Purvis stays, put him in instead of Larrier. It's a possibility Gilbert could start, I just don't see him starting over Larrier.

Reaction Score
Gilbert
Adams
Hamilton
Larrier
Brimah

Maye Facey instead of Larrier.

Don't have a great shooter maybe Vance off the bench. Grad transfer? This is assuming Purvis leaves.

caw

Reaction Score
Gilbert
Adams
Hamilton
Larrier
Brimah

Don't have a great shooter maybe Vance off the bench. Grad transfer? This is assuming Purvis leaves.

Could see:
Adams
Larrier
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Gilbert
Cassell
Enoch
Diarra
Durham
Jackson

Larrier and Hamilton are both capable of playing the two on offense in many respects.

Reaction Score
Could see:
Adams
Larrier
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Gilbert
Cassell
Enoch
Diarra
Durham
Jackson

Larrier and Hamilton are both capable of playing the two on offense in many respects.

Agree with this whole post. We'll be fairly deep in the front court next season. Facey + Brimah starting. Then Enoch, Diarra, and Durham off the bench.

Reaction Score
Could see:
Adams
Larrier
Hamilton
Facey
Brimah

Gilbert
Cassell
Enoch
Diarra
Durham
Jackson

Yeah I expect Hamilton Adams and larrier as starters . Larrier is a guy who when I saw play looked like a prototypical guard a la levert . 4 is open , maybe Hamilton is slid down and ag starts. Any way it's cut Gilbert is in line for major tick the same way Adams was.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
What about Purvis' season makes you think he's ready for the NBA and will leave after this season? Well, his inconsistency would make him a good fit for the Knicks....Unless, KO whispers in his ear to go because the guys coming in are a better fit, Purvis is staying.

Reaction Score
Gilbert
Adams
Hamilton
Larrier
Brimah

You are the BY 2016-17 Lineup Powerball Winner! At least that could be and hopefully will be our best lineup. Of course DHAM will drag the NBA process until the deadline (end of May I think). That will be what all the chit chat is about following the season. Will the team be fortunate enough to have the great DHAM return! WoooooooHooooooo can't wait Brodie! lol

Reaction Score
What about Purvis' season makes you think he's ready for the NBA and will leave after this season? Well, his inconsistency would make him a good fit for the Knicks....Unless, KO whispers in his ear to go because the guys coming in are a better fit, Purvis is staying.

Kevin Pangos is playing in Gran Canaria/Spain! Why can't Rodney!!!!!!! This can be Mau's new avatar! haha

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Looks like I'll order some tickets for this game now. Was a blast watching Kemba in Milwaukee in 2008, not so much fun the last couple times when I had no particular rooting interest in Chicago.

Reaction Score
Who said Purvis is ready for the NBA??? He will have graduated at the end of the year and I expect him to go on and earn a living playing basketball overseas. Great kid and good basketball player but he's not an NBA player after this year or after next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom