PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American) | Page 62 | The Boneyard

PG Alterique Gilbert (McDonald's All-American)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Which is weird. I think earlier in the year 247 had him at like 28-30 and he's just been gradually dropping, all the while he's been getting rave reviews from virtually every scout on his defense and playmaking.
Vance Jackson also seems to be falling in the rankings even though he's been killing it at Prolific Prep.

Reaction Score
Just so we're being fair to both he and Shabazz, he doesn't have Shabazz's shot. His prep stats have him as a 33% 3 point shooter. Scouts have said he's more of a shot maker than a pure shooter. His shot, even aesthetically, is more like Kemba's than Shabazz. Doesn't mean that he won't be a great player, I just wouldn't count on 3s being a big part of his game as a freshman.
Pretty sure those 3 point stats are inaccurate. Not sure what his #'s are this season but he shot around 50% from three last year if my memory serves me right.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Vance Jackson also seems to be falling in the rankings even though he's been killing it at Prolific Prep.
If they were UK commits, you'd see them flying up the rankings.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure those 3 point stats are inaccurate. Not sure what his #'s are this season but he shot around 50% from three last year if my memory serves me right.

I doubt these stats are accurate but thought I'd pass along anyway. Here are his shooting percentages by year. He's shooting 59% overall, 42% from three, and 75% free throw.

I tend not to trust these numbers because they show 54% from 3 last year, 53% the year before and 60% his freshman year, which if true would be absurd.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/alt...KZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

Reaction Score
Dx scouting report in October: "Good not great shooter. Holds onto the ball for too long at times. Career 33% 3-point shooter"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alterique-Gilbert-76424/

This is in line with most of what I've read on him, but it's definitely believable he's improved this year from 3 too. He doesn't really have the stroke of a pure shooter in my opinion (kind of short arms it like Kemba really). He's going to be a menace between changing speeds and drawing fouls anyway though. A steadily improving jumper is gravy.

caw

Reaction Score
Dx scouting report in October: "Good not great shooter. Holds onto the ball for too long at times. Career 33% 3-point shooter"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alterique-Gilbert-76424/

This is in line with most of what I've read on him, but it's definitely believable he's improved this year from 3 too. He doesn't really have the stroke of a pure shooter in my opinion (kind of short arms it like Kemba really). He's going to be a menace between changing speeds and drawing fouls anyway though. A steadily improving jumper is gravy.

His junior year in high school he shot something like 45%+ from three. The only thing I can think of in terms of career would be AAU career at 33%.

I doubt these stats are accurate but thought I'd pass along anyway. Here are his shooting percentages by year. He's shooting 59% overall, 42% from three, and 75% free throw.

I tend not to trust these numbers because they show 54% from 3 last year, 53% the year before and 60% his freshman year, which if true would be absurd.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/alterique-gilbert/A3wKivTtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg//basketball-stats.htm

The team has played 15 games, or more, this year. So they may not be full, but they look correct. Ask his coach, I'm sure he would know and might answer, I don't do Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom