Paul Mulcahy | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

This description reminds me a lot of Giffey (who didn't really turn into a knockdown shooter until his Senior year). If Mulcahy is anything like that, he's a lot of what we've been missing recently.
Giffey was actually one of the better athletes on the team.

C

Chief00

Go back and look at all the posts about Lecque and a number of other highly rated kids. People were getting giddy a week or two ago.

Quite frankly, Hurley is building a program - he’s doing it the right way as Jim did. He hired his assistants, got two dudes for next year and now starts recruiting 2019/2020 while still monitoring a couple situations. I also like his S&C focus - he has challenge Jalen Adams in that regard and others.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't see Duke getting on this kid. Duke is gonna go for top 10 kids at the prime positions.

Reaction Score
Fair. I'm trying to talk myself into Mulcahy's commit over here. It's not going great atm.

If he goes to Duke/Nova, then so be it. The great thing about basketball is that only 5 guys can be on the court at a time and there's only one ball. Historically great or hot programs can only take on so many kids and the talent pool is getting deeper by the year.

If a Mulcahy wants to play behind one and dones for 4 years, have at it.

You don't have to win every battle to win the war.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Here's game tape of him against Hurley Sr's last St. Anthony team. A shell of his current self, still easily the best player on the floor.

Reaction Score
If he goes to Duke/Nova, then so be it. The great thing about basketball is that only 5 guys can be on the court at a time and there's only one ball. Historically great or hot programs can only take on so many kids and the talent pool is getting deeper by the year.

If a Mulcahy wants to play behind one and dones for 4 years, have at it.

You don't have to win every battle to win the war.
Why is he the first guy we are looking at when we have been linked to some 4 and 5 stars that are better?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why is he the first guy we are looking at when we have been linked to some 4 and 5 stars that are better?
I can see why someone would ask this but you have to realize that sometimes there are kids who maybe undervalued or fit a unique mold. If DH can get a blue chip 4* or 5* over a 3* he will. But sometimes you see something in the lower rated kids that make you pause and think

Reaction Score
Give me Macura anytime. Like this comparison and he has that same bounce to his game. Would love to see those guys lock him up today.

Does anyone know if this kid has been to Storrs before?

Would obviously love to get a commit today but that doesn't usually happen without a visit

Reaction Score
Ummm, they were in the NC game with us in 2014, won the NC in 2012, and were in the FF in 2011... they get knocked out of the tourney every year? At least they’re IN the tourney every year and I’d take those results...
With the recruits they get , Duke or Kentucky should win every year on paper. They don't. We beat them in the NC game with much less heralded recruits. We have 4 NC's and 5 final fours without getting all the one and dones. I stand by what I said, these kind of players are more concerned about themselves ( and rightly so.)

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
From February:

A 6-foot-5 lead guard with unbelievable vision, passing skills and an elite feel for the game, Mulcahy isn’t a premier athlete, nor is he a knockdown shooter, but he is someone that makes everyone around him better. The sophomore makes every pass that a coach would ever want.
There are not a lot of players like Paul Mulcahy. A 6-foot-4 point guard that brings an unselfish brand of basketball to the floor, his passing skills are second to none and so is his mature demeanor and playing style. While he isn’t an elite athlete, his IQ for the game is excellent, as is Mulcahy’s ability to control the pace. Throw it all together and it gives good reason for the New Jersey native to move up in the next rankings update for the 2019 class.
This article is from feb of 2017. He has improved tremendously since then. He is 2 inches taller now, improved athleticism and
is absolutely a knockdown shooter.

Reaction Score
Villanova is surging in the crystal ball for another big lead guard, Justin Moore. So if they land him, it’s doubtful Mulcahy would choose them over UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom