Paul Mulcahy | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not compliance so I'm just guessing but I don't think the forum itself is the issue, it's that boosters of a university are trying to sway a kid to come to their school. There's language here on the NCAA site that discusses this.

Only institutional staff members are permitted to recruit prospective student-athletes. Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.
Ok, boosters I get. But fans? How can there be any control over that?

Reaction Score
It basically boils down to buying tickets makes you a donor to the program, and you'd have to abide by all the compliance guidelines
What if I just watch on TV? Certainly the university can not be expected to monitor twitter accounts of people with no official connection to the school, right?

Reaction Score

There is no control, no policing, no punishment (at least to my knowledge). And as noted on the NCAA website, a "booster" is not what you or I may think of as a booster. One of the definitions used for a booster is "Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics" which I understand as being everyone here and on Twitter.

Again I don't believe there are repercussions for it but IMO it's a bad look. That's just my opinion and I also wouldn't want to jeopardize the program in any way, shape, form and while unlikely here why invite the opportunity.

Reaction Score
Imo I'd rather have whatever shoes make guys comfortable. Everybody's feet are different. Just want them to play as well as possible. Looks are secondary.

I'm pretty traditional but thought it was fun to see what shoes Hamilton, Freeman and the others were wearing each game. The best pair to me were Hamilton's patent leather look shoes that seemed as if they belonged with a tuxedo. He had red ones too and they must have been offered whatever Nike sold and they all picked their favorites.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty traditional but thought it was fun to see what shoes Hamilton, Freeman and the others were wearing each game. The best pair to me were Hamilton's patent leather look shoes that seemed as if they belonged with a tuxedo. He had red ones too and they must have been offered whatever Nike sold and they all picked their favorites.
From 2012, but a pretty sweet list.

The 25 Greatest Sneakers in UConn Basketball History

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Not a big basketball shoe guy, but Donnel's are pretty sick:

gkhquqrp1xilkjrfxvy5.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah most people don't care, and the NCAA doesn't enforce it. But by the rule, the definition of a booster is very, very loose

Reaction Score
Yeah most people don't care, and the NCAA doesn't enforce it. But by the rule, the definition of a booster is very, very loose
It's completely unenforceable. What's to stop someone from creating fake accounts purporting to be fans of other schools and tweeting at recruits? How would the NCAA even know the difference?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Why does it seem this kid is having so many in-home visits with coaches? Is that standard, or just personal preference?
Pretty much standard. Seems like he’s keeping his options open. Interesting tidbit as a freshman he played alongside Tyus Battle, who if you remember we were heavily involved with. Hurley has a great relationship with their HS coach Mergin Sina who’s a legend in NJ who played basketball for...Seton Hall and URI.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Let's hope he doesn't get suspended at the start of two seasons for his "off season" proclivities, like Wilbekin. Got so tired of Florida fans we've known for years always talking about "Scottie" and it's funny how they never called to congratulate UConn when Scottie lost to the Huskies the last two times we played. They are diehard fans and still can't come to grips with how their boys blew the huge first half lead in the Final Four.
Ran into the buzz saw of Bazz and Boat.

Reaction Score
Ran into the buzz saw of Bazz and Boat.

And they made comments about Shabazz claiming he had food issues because he had lots of tattoos. Scottie did too but they felt Shabazz was a bad guy because he spent his Pell grant money on tattoos and complained about being hungry. The guy even gave me grief about rooting for women's basketball because our men's team is in the crapper. I told him at least I don't watch women's softball on TV like he does. They used to be good friends but their whole lives and self worth are tied to how well FL does in sports.
Wait a minute, we might be getting there............

Reaction Score
There is no control, no policing, no punishment (at least to my knowledge). And as noted on the NCAA website, a "booster" is not what you or I may think of as a booster. One of the definitions used for a booster is "Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics" which I understand as being everyone here and on Twitter.

Again I don't believe there are repercussions for it but IMO it's a bad look. That's just my opinion and I also wouldn't want to jeopardize the program in any way, shape, form and while unlikely here why invite the opportunity.
Well , I sure won't be doing it. I don't have twitter or facebook either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom