Paul Mulcahy | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be good with this kid, he's got moxie. Not sure if his athleticism is elite enough to dominate the college game, but even in the worst case he can be a spot up shooter with incredible passing skills. It'd be good if he could lose the headband somewhere between NJ and Storrs, CT, just makes him look like a punk. Put 40 lbs of muscle on this kid and maybe in 2-3 years he can be our Dante Divicenzo

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I'd be good with this kid, he's got moxie. Not sure if his athleticism is elite enough to dominate the college game, but even in the worst case he can be a spot up shooter with incredible passing skills. It'd be good if he could lose the headband somewhere between NJ and Storrs, CT, just makes him look like a punk. Put 40 lbs of muscle on this kid and maybe in 2-3 years he can be our Dante Divicenzo
lol anything else? this kid has a tight handle, great court vision, size, and an attitude. He doesn't need to be athletic when he can get anywhere he wants to on the court. I know I have never seen this kid play other than a few highlight videos but for some reason I feel like his game resembles Marcus Williams. Loved his game

Reaction Score
lol anything else? this kid has a tight handle, great court vision, size, and an attitude. He doesn't need to be athletic when he can get anywhere he wants to on the court. I know I have never seen this kid play other than a few highlight videos but for some reason I feel like his game resembles Marcus Williams. Loved his game

You still need to be athletic enough to play defense against top competition. He’s got good footwork, just not sure how he’ll translate to major D1. A lot of skills there, but athleticism isn’t a strength. Watch some of the videos of him, it’s pretty clear to me. I’ll trust the staff knows what to look for

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Duke offered Joe Girard -- #169 on 247. He's the exception more than the rule but it could happen. Also Girard is very underrated.
Didn't Girard Average 50 points a game last season? In a decent league too!

Reaction Score
Didn't Girard Average 50 points a game last season? In a decent league too!

Long time reader first time poster.

Not that this is a Joe Girard thread but decent league would be a massive over statement.

He is playing in small/medium school classification in upstate NY. Glens Falls is currently in class B in New York state which is roughly 125-150 kids [both boys and girls] per grade.

I live in the area still and played in the same classification in high school, although that was 15 years ago, I can say that he did not play even a low level D1 player in high school this year and likely not a D-II player.

He is a hell of a scorer but takes a ton of shots on a team that plays fast-not that he shouldn't take that many shots because not much talent around him but good league/class it is not. He also takes like 20 foul shots a game b/c he is so far above the competition if he doesn't take a 30ft shot he gets to the foul line.

Albany NY area has some talent but it is concentrated primarily at the private schools around Albany-Glens Falls did not play those teams this year. That said he has shown he can play in the spring/summer for City Rocks in EYBL.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Long time reader first time poster.

Not that this is a Joe Girard thread but decent league would be a massive over statement.

He is playing in small/medium school classification in upstate NY. Glens Falls is currently in class B in New York state which is roughly 125-150 kids [both boys and girls] per grade.

I live in the area still and played in the same classification in high school, although that was 15 years ago, I can say that he did not play even a low level D1 player in high school this year and likely not a D-II player.

He is a hell of a scorer but takes a ton of shots on a team that plays fast-not that he shouldn't take that many shots because not much talent around him but good league/class it is not. He also takes like 20 foul shots a game b/c he is so far above the competition if he doesn't take a 30ft shot he gets to the foul line.

Albany NY area has some talent but it is concentrated primarily at the private schools around Albany-Glens Falls did not play those teams this year. That said he has shown he can play in the spring/summer for City Rocks in EYBL.

Confirmed.

Reaction Score
I watched the full game posted, I'm not sure he's a PG (it was one game, if Hurley feels otherwise, great, I trust him). But when he had a smaller/quicker guard on him he deferred to a smaller PG. I think he's a combo guard. Also needs work on the defensive end. That said, he's got a nice looking shot, good IQ, good passer, good height. I totally trust Hurley. And while people have mentioned he "looks" like a punk, he was quick to help up an opponent if/when there was a collision and they fell, let's judge his actions and his game, rather than his headband.

Reaction Score
Those warm ups Dan and Kimani are wearing are FIRE!

Just got my buddy one for his 60th this weekend on EBay but the sleeves are blue as well as the body. The gray sleeves are sweet.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard. Where a headband makes you look like a punk.

Reaction Score
i.png
i.png

Reaction Score
The Boneyard. Where a headband makes you look like a punk.

As a follow-up, I know headbands are sorta out now as compared to 5-10 years ago, but did JC have a no head band policy? I honestly do not remember one player with one and we had one of the trendsetters in Uncle Cliffy.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter who Girard played in high school. All that matters is AAU, literally nothing else. Only the elite prep schools get scouted heavily these days.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not at uconn
Calhoun must have had a no headband policy because there were a few players that wore headbands after leaving school. Jake Voskuhl and Josh Boone did as well.

Reaction Score
Why does it seem this kid is having so many in-home visits with coaches? Is that standard, or just personal preference?

Reaction Score
As a follow-up, I know headbands are sorta out now as compared to 5-10 years ago, but did JC have a no head band policy? I honestly do not remember one player with one and we had one of the trendsetters in Uncle Cliffy.
Uncle cliffy wore it on occasion. There was a picture in sports illustrated wearing one in their season preview magazine wayyyyyy back in the day.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Uncle cliffy wore it on occasion. There was a picture in sports illustrated wearing one in their season preview magazine wayyyyyy back in the day.
If I remember correctly, he went to the headband full time when he was in Portland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom