Paul Mulcahy | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Paul Mulcahy

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Wow. Hes ahead of some very highly ranked players: jalen carey, louis king, scottie lewis
Led the 4th ranked team in the state in every statistical category...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And they made comments about Shabazz claiming he had food issues because he had lots of tattoos. Scottie did too but they felt Shabazz was a bad guy because he spent his Pell grant money on tattoos and complained about being hungry. The guy even gave me grief about rooting for women's basketball because our men's team is in the crapper. I told him at least I don't watch women's softball on TV like he does. They used to be good friends but their whole lives and self worth are tied to how well FL does in sports.
Wait a minute, we might be getting there..

Pell grants defray tuition and fees. Until players received stipends, Pell Grants paid for tuition, fees, books, etc. Pell Grants did not equal cash money. That change happened AFTER Napier left UConn.

Reaction Score
What do people think of his outside shot? Little bit of a push shot/set shot.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It must have drove Jim Calhoun crazy watching Uconn play for the past few years, besides not being competitive, If he wanted uniformity to the point where no one could wear headbands when he was coaching. They were all wearing various arm sleeves, leg sleeves, etc.
Probably not a fan of full chest billboard ink either.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
His HS coach is one of the best coaches in the country. Everyone on his team shoots with that low release. I think it’s being taught now that Stephen Curry has kind of popularized it.

Reaction Score

It’s been discussed already. That’s the new style, ala Steph Curry. Allows for longer range and a quicker release. I’m a purist, so I like a traditional jumper. However, my son shoots like this and he’s lights out and can get a shot off against almost anyone. It started because he was a small kid and needed the extra push, them he saw Curry and never changed it. He’s 6’ and plays at a pretty high level. He plays against D1 players all the time and is going D3. This kid is 6’4”. He should have no issues with it at all.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It’s been discussed already. That’s the new style, ala Steph Curry. Allows for longer range and a quicker release. I’m a purist, so I like a traditional jumper. However, my son shoots like this and he’s lights out and can get a shot off against almost anyone. It started because he was a small kid and needed the extra push, them he saw Curry and never changed it. He’s 6’ and plays at a pretty high level. He plays against D1 players all the time and is going D3. This kid is 6’4”. He should have no issues with it at all.
It also allows for better vision of the hoop. No arm/elbow in the way.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m a traditionalist, I think the higher release is better in almost every way. I don’t like that they teach young kids that style.

That said, it works if you make it work, just like any shot. I don’t think it’s ideal, but you can learn to shoot well with almost any form if you work on it enough.

Reaction Score

Mulcahy is actually 6'6. Maybe 6'7 by its all said and done.

Great size, just needs to get stronger.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
But where are Hamilton's patent leather look shoes? Or did I just imagine them?

I’m sure he wore the Jordan 11s at some point. He was on team Jordan in the NBA and many, including Kemba, wore the 11s at UConn.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
The thing that makes this prospect intriguing to me is that he’s not going to average 18 a game as a freshman or sophomore it’s that he’ll buy into the system and average 10, 5 and 5 and make everyone around him better.One of the most well coached kids I have seen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don’t buy this. There’s one steph curry, he’s the outlier. We shouldn’t teach young basketball players to shoot at their chest, just because there’s one example of it working extremely well. All of the other great shooters have traditional releases, I’m pretty sure.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's completely unenforceable. What's to stop someone from creating fake accounts purporting to be fans of other schools and tweeting at recruits? How would the NCAA even know the difference?
So what school are you really a fan at?:rolleyes::p

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You reported this a month ago. Confirming is Chief’s realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom