pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late | Page 5 | The Boneyard

pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heaven forbid someone actually stand in the bleachers though am I right??
No problem. Just don't stand invisible in the many openings hidden between the decks.

Reaction Score
Because perception matters. Stadiums with traditional tunnels and people in their seats appear fuller than those with open concourses for the wandering hordes. They generate more stadium noise to support the defense and make a much better impression to a TV audience. I can understand how people may want to stand given the opportunity. I simply want to eliminate the stadium design elements that allow them to do it. It was a big mistake--one admitted by the project manager in retrospect--and if I could change one non-football performance item it would be to change the stadium design.

Yes. Perception matters. The perception that mattered as to Rutgers was that it is a much bigger state than Connecticut and its physically closer to New YOrk. I wish we had changed perception on those two factors.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yes. Perception matters. The perception that mattered as to Rutgers was that it is a much bigger state than Connecticut and its physically closer to New YOrk. I wish we had changed perception on those two factors.

I wish the perception was that we scored 24 points in the first half.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
No, it didn't.
Rutgers celebrates its come from behind victory over Indiana, Oct. 17, 2015.

a-look-back-at-rutgers-epic-comeback-win-over-indiana-a635425e8f79275d.jpg

Reaction Score
Rutgers celebrates its come from behind victory over Indiana, Oct. 17, 2015.

a-look-back-at-rutgers-epic-comeback-win-over-indiana-a635425e8f79275d.jpg

In fairness, that's in Bloomington. But the notion that fans pack Piscataway and stay til the end? It's like saying the sky is green and grass is purple. You can't argue with people who deny reality.

Reaction Score
We look like losers. Bad image for the program that's trying to change it.

I urge many of you to go to another big-time venue. I have been to a dozen or so. including MI. You will see how real fans act. The thread is correct. Pathetic display.

We keep doing the same old, then we will stay small time in the eyes of most.
We ain't Michigan. Nor will we be Michigan if every fan stayed at every game till the end from here on out.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Reaction Score
Wow. Give your tickets to a member of the armed forces or the Boys/Girls Club next time. Then you'll be spared the inconvenience of being a fan.

okay, I'll stop going. I can't really afford to buy anything, and I find the pro-military politics and the relentless advertising and P.A. noise obnoxious/offensive. I do love football, but the culture just isn't for me.

Reaction Score
okay, I'll stop going. I can't really afford to buy anything, and I find the pro-military politics and the relentless advertising and P.A. noise obnoxious/offensive. I do love football, but the culture just isn't for me.

Good riddance.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm....

"Spare me the sanctimonious BS. There are way too many high and mighty posters on here who get their undies soiled if fans don't behave like they do at the stadium or post to their liking on the BY.
Those fans who bought tickets and showed up are not the problem and don't deserve to be called out like this."

Reaction Score
should we be in seat for kickoff and stay until the end. Absolutely. It shows support for the kids and the program.

Am I as guilty yes. Average middle of first to beginning of third. Left shortly after half of ucf game. Damn parking lot is too much fun. Football games are about more than just the game i suppose

Reaction Score
Did I hope into a Delorean and click into a thread from 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014? Its the same story every year.

Reaction Score
If UConn was winning, the fans would not have left. I don't think most fans feel that they can trust that the team will hold it all together or come back for a win yet. If you compare the football program to the basketball program, basically the basketball fans know that anything can happen, even in the last minute of game and UConn is never out of it. With football, that sense of confidence is just not there yet. It will come, I believe, but just has not occurred yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom