pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late | The Boneyard

pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it was a mass exodus with uconn down 1 score. all they needed was a stop and uconn was right in back in it. granted, USF scored in 3 plays but was really disappointed to see people leave while uconn was still in the game.

Reaction Score
it was a mass exodus with uconn down 1 score. all they needed was a stop and uconn was right in back in it. granted, USF scored in 3 plays but was really disappointed to see people leave while uconn was still in the game.
Right on.

Reaction Score
Given that the game was highly entertaining with big play after big play, I was really surprised how early it emptied out. But people who buy tickets get to make their own choices.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
businesslawyer said:
Given that the game was highly entertaining with big play after big play, I was really surprised how early it emptied out. But people who buy tickets get to make their own choices.

I felt like the missed opportunities really took the crowd of it by then. Pretty much left two touchdowns plus 7 other points on the field in the first half. I also think the choice to kick a 44 yd FG on 4th and an inch had the place saying wtf.

Reaction Score
Your only,bothered by this if you haven't been paying attention. It's always like this.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yeah they could have at least stayed two more plays and watched USF hang another touchdown on us
I don't regret staying to see USF score. As David Puddy says, Gotta support the team!

Reaction Score
Dumb thread is dumb. Anyone who paid money to attend this game is entitled to leave whenever they want.

Pathetic is letting the clock run out before half-time while in field goal range and not converting points in the red zone. At least fans know how to manage their time unlike Diaco during gamday...

Reaction Score
Dumb thread is dumb. Anyone who paid money to attend this game is entitled to leave whenever they want.
Damn cold blooded
Pathetic is letting the clock run out before half-time while in field goal range and not converting points in the red zone. At least fans know how to manage their time unlike Diaco during gamday...

Reaction Score

They can do whatever they want, no one is saying they should be banned from the Rent for leaving early.

People are also entitled to point out that leaving in a one possession game is stupid.

Reaction Score
Anyone who paid money to attend this game is entitled to leave whenever they want.

Spare me that entitled crap. Players, coaches, and marching band members put in long hours of sweat and preparation to play on game day for this University and its fans. People who leave while a game still has some semblance of doubt about its outcome, if not due to emergency or exigency of circumstances, are boorish, ungrateful and disrespectful. They are fans under only the most marginal of definitions.

Reaction Score
I sat in front of a class of '09 group. They showed up with about 5 min left in Q2. Cheered loudly. Most were happy to be there with there old buds except for the one guys who said we should scrap football because he only cares about bball (we all know that song). His friends ignored him and they stayed thorough most the 4th until the SF scores.

People are at least execited enough to come to the games now. As we continue to improve and the game becomes as important as the tailgate we will see more in the stands at kickoff and maybe through the end of the game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No the fans are not the enemy, but when you bring a fan that goes to OSU games and they see people come in mid way though the first quarter and then leave in the early fourth quarter it shows how far UConn fans need to go. It doesn't happen at football schools, but happens all to often here. Just looks bad to to others who consider UConn small time.

Reaction Score
No the fans are not the enemy, but when you bring a fan that goes to OSU games and they see people come in mid way though the first quarter and then leave in the early fourth quarter it shows how far UConn fans need to go. It doesn't happen at football schools, but happens all to often here. Just looks bad to to others who consider UConn small time.

Well perhaps we need to come to terms with the fact we are not and likely will never be a football school.

There is so much to worry about what we are seeing on the field and on the sideline that I don't know how anyone has the time or passion to really care about the fans. More losses like today and you won't have to worry about the stadium emptying out early because it will be empty at the start.

Reaction Score
Spare me that entitled crap. Players, coaches, and marching band members put in long hours of sweat and preparation to play on game day for this University and its fans. People who leave while a game still has some semblance of doubt about its outcome, if not due to emergency or exigency of circumstances, are boorish, ungrateful and disrespectful. They are fans under only the most marginal of definitions.

Except players have scholarships ($), coaches have salaries ($), and marching band members are getting course credit ($) to be there. The only ones not benefiting from the situation are fans' wallets (-$).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Well perhaps we need to come to terms with the fact we are not and likely will never be a football school.

There is so much to worry about what we are seeing on the field and on the sideline that I don't know how anyone has the time or passion to really care about the fans. More losses like today and you won't have to worry about the stadium emptying out early because it will be empty at the start.

That is the problem. Loses happen and they will continue to happen but the fans can stay longer and continue to cheer on the players instead of looking for the exit's when things go bad.

Reaction Score
Our crew stays. . But perhaps if this team could pull one out in the 4th the more casual fan would as well. We've been watching this movie for five years running now. We get down in the fourth and the game is over. Until the team rewrites the script people will continue to leave early. More disturbing was the empty seats today. No way there were 31k in the stands. No way

Reaction Score

that's not true, I've had this conversation with fans of big football programs, and their fans empty out early too. Somehow we think it's only us, but rest assured that it is not.

Reaction Score

That's outrageous. That's the crap that embarrasses loyal UConn fans.

Reaction Score
People can leave when they want. I don't think my "Beat the traffic" chant will dissuade them from leaving, and hopefully they spend their money to come again. Uconn fans tend to have more of a pro sports mentality. They leave hoops games that are 5 point differences and 2 minutes left( national championship years). Maybe it will be different if we're in the B1G, but I have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom