pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late | Page 2 | The Boneyard

pathetic display of fans when Uconn didn't convert 4th down late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No the fans are not the enemy, but when you bring a fan that goes to OSU games and they see people come in mid way though the first quarter and then leave in the early fourth quarter it shows how far UConn fans need to go. It doesn't happen at football schools, but happens all to often here. Just looks bad to to others who consider UConn small time.

That happens all over the country at some of these "big time" football schools. It's not unique to UConn.

Reaction Score
I know, I just don't believe it. That was the lightest 31K crowd I've ever seen.
Finally joining the AAC attendance inflation party. It didn't look thatttt bad but for the visitor's corner

Reaction Score
I know, I just don't believe it. That was the lightest 31K crowd I've ever seen.
Haven't watches the DVR yet but I was left to wondering if the seats on the sunny side of the field looked as empty as the press box side. At least we can stretch out. We sit in the last row in the lower section so we can stand the whole game if we want. Trouble with that is listening to the beer crowd coaching from the concourse. Of course today they did a better that our OC and DC and our HC.

Reaction Score
Spare me that entitled crap. Players, coaches, and marching band members put in long hours of sweat and preparation to play on game day for this University and its fans. People who leave while a game still has some semblance of doubt about its outcome, if not due to emergency or exigency of circumstances, are boorish, ungrateful and disrespectful. They are fans under only the most marginal of definitions.

Coaches need to put in extra hours on how to manage a damn game. Perhaps if they made an effort to try to score and convert in what would be proper situations maybe people would stay a little longer.

Reaction Score
Winning solves a lot of problems, and losing causes them. Yesterday was a disaster for the program's forward movement from every perspective.... Fan support and attendance included. It's a shame because these types of opportunities are far and few between. REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN DIACO's poor showing.

Reaction Score
Spare me that entitled crap. Players, coaches, and marching band members put in long hours of sweat and preparation to play on game day for this University and its fans. People who leave while a game still has some semblance of doubt about its outcome, if not due to emergency or exigency of circumstances, are boorish, ungrateful and disrespectful. They are fans under only the most marginal of definitions.
That's the thing. They didn't have any doubt about the outcome. And they were right

And you should calm down, too. It's a football game.

Reaction Score
Given that the game was highly entertaining with big play after big play, I was really surprised how early it emptied out. But people who buy tickets get to make their own choices.
Not looking to take away people's choices. Just pointing out questionable fan behavior.

Reaction Score
Yep, a lot of dissapointment this game. At first I was happy student section appeared filled. Then I noticed it was one of the most quiet student sections I have ever seen. Except when UCONN was looking to score on that side of the field and they were cheering loudly before the snap. People were screaming at them to be quiet because we were on offense. Even several UCONN players including Andres Knappe were giving the silent signal.

Is there a way a football fan guide can be made and distributed? (I can't believe I am writing this). I just can't believe how loud are stadium got when UCONN was on offens.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I was sooo tempted to leave after the Sad Field Goal attempt/miss, but decided to stick it out. I guess I'm just wired differently.

But I will say this: with all the baffling time-management decisions made from the sidelines, the fans were forced to make their own time-management decisions from the stands. I don't condone the exodus at all, but I do understand...

Reaction Score
Not looking to take away people's choices. Just pointing out questionable fan behavior.

But a fan's behavior can't be questionable unless someone has a right to question it. Questionable fan behavior is assaulting or intimidating other fans. Leaving early isn't questionable behavior because no one who buys a ticket owes you or me or anyone else staying until we leave.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Well perhaps we need to come to terms with the fact we are not and likely will never be a football school.

There is so much to worry about what we are seeing on the field and on the sideline that I don't know how anyone has the time or passion to really care about the fans. More losses like today and you won't have to worry about the stadium emptying out early because it will be empty at the start.
Easy. This happens at basketball games too.

Reaction Score

Spare me the sanctimonious BS. There are way too many high and mighty posters on here who get their undies soiled if fans don't behave like they do at the stadium or post to their liking on the BY.

Those fans who bought tickets and showed up are not the problem and don't deserve to be called out like this. Especially considering what they've been put through the last 5 years. Pardon them if they didn't read Marty Jackson's UConn football fan guide.

Reaction Score
Maybe some fans just don't want to sit in a windy stadium where even a bottle of water or a coffee costs five dollars, while they get thirsty and cold yelling for a team that seems unprepared for common game situations week after week, and lets easy opportunities slip away. Maybe it's annoying to the point where they figure they could do something else for the next 45 minutes, 90 minutes, whatever, and buy a cup of coffee and something to eat that won't cost a combined $12 (for zero nutritional value), instead of just passively sitting by and listen to an obnoxious, repetitive PA system shove various forms of propaganda down their throats, while they start to feel helpless and obligated to endure a lousy experience that will taint the rest of their day.

Reaction Score
The realty is that we only have about 5,000 to 10,000 hard core fans at our games. Those are the ones that stay until there is no humanly possible way we could win the game. Most of them are probably on the boneyard too. The rest are causal fans or people who could care less about the game but are there to enjoy the festivities.

Reaction Score
26,113 - nova
28,260 - army (+2147)
33,204 - navy (+4,944) !!
31,719 - USF (-1,485) :(

27,187 avg as of 9/12/2015
29,192 avg as of 9/26/2015 (+2,005)
29,824 avg as of 10/17/2015 (+632)

Reaction Score
Spare me the sanctimonious BS. There are way too many high and mighty posters on here who get their undies soiled if fans don't behave like they do at the stadium or post to their liking on the BY.

Those fans who bought tickets and showed up are not the problem and don't deserve to be called out like this. Especially considering what they've been put through the last 5 years. Pardon them if they didn't read Marty Jackson's UConn football fan guide.
Obviously you didn't read my guide. Very first sentence is "don't be a -bag".
I buy my tickets and post on the by. If I want to make an observation, a judgement, or a comment, per BL, that's my right. I'm not assaulting anyone, making personal attacks, or intimidating people.
having been to numerous games where there are literally 200 people in the stands at the end (and I get it when Uconn is down 20 points), as a paying fan I would like to improve that atmosphere for me. I was shocked to see that same behavior down one score with 5 minutes left.

I can appreciate bl's take if he disagrees. But it seems in this case he at least read the first sentence of my fan guide.

Reaction Score
The realty is that we only have about 5,000 to 10,000 hard core fans at our games. Those are the ones that stay until there is no humanly possible way we could win the game. Most of them are probably on the boneyard too. The rest are causal fans or people who could care less about the game but are there to enjoy the festivities.

Yea, but I still don't get why people leave when they do. When the first mass exodus occurred, it was still a one possession game and there still was a lot of time on the clock. It's not like it would have taken an all time classic comeback to win. People who leave at halftime because all they really care about is tailgating, I get that. Leaving once the lead went up to 15, sure, it would have taken something special to comeback at that point. But down 8 in the 4th, it doesn't make sense to me. Not saying they should stay out of some duty to UConn athletics, I just don't get trying to beat traffic, over potentially seeing an exciting ending.

Reaction Score
Obviously you didn't read my guide. Very first sentence is "don't be a -bag".
I buy my tickets and post on the by. If I want to make an observation, a judgement, or a comment, per BL, that's my right. I'm not assaulting anyone, making personal attacks, or intimidating people.
having been to numerous games where there are literally 200 people in the stands at the end (and I get it when Uconn is down 20 points), as a paying fan I would like to improve that atmosphere for me. I was shocked to see that same behavior down one score with 5 minutes left.

I can appreciate bl's take if he disagrees. But it seems in this case he at least read the first sentence of my fan guide.

More sanctimonious BS with some name calling sprinkled in.

Of course you're free to make all of the silly observations you often make here. But others have the right to call them silly and sanctimonious.

Reaction Score
26,113 - nova
28,260 - army (+2147)
33,204 - navy (+4,944) !!
31,719 - USF (-1,485) :(

27,187 avg as of 9/12/2015
29,192 avg as of 9/26/2015 (+2,005)
29,824 avg as of 10/17/2015 (+632)

Navy brought people to the game. USF didn't. Their section was near empty.

Reaction Score
More sanctimonious BS with some name calling sprinkled in.

Of course you're free to make all of the silly observations you often make here. But others have the right to call them silly and sanctimonious.
Dude, you can use the word 'sanctimonious ' another 30 times... People streaming out with 5 minutes left down one score sucks.

Attack me and my observations all out want. I have yet to hear why you disagree.

Reaction Score
But a fan's behavior can't be questionable unless someone has a right to question it. Questionable fan behavior is assaulting or intimidating other fans. Leaving early isn't questionable behavior because no one who buys a ticket owes you or me or anyone else staying until we leave.
Under your definition of questionable fan behavior. But I don't subscribe to that narrow definition, nor do I think it's that black and white.
I think fans booing college players is questionable as well (at the college level).

Reaction Score
Dumb thread is dumb. Anyone who paid money to attend this game is entitled to leave whenever they want.

Pathetic is letting the clock run out before half-time while in field goal range and not converting points in the red zone. At least fans know how to manage their time unlike Diaco during gamday...
Then UCONN football will never get to the next level. You want to know why we don't get invited to the B1G. Look in the mirror.

Fans keep doing this.. Ohio State ain't coming any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom