Paige is practicing | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Paige is practicing

Reaction Score
If you go by one of the videos ….one of the sequences shows Paige driving to the middle of the lane and pulling up strong and hitting a jumper.
I believe she could play last game of the season….and get strong minutes in BE Tournament.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Whoever you heard that from hasn’t thought it all the way through. There is no way, after missing that much of the season, she is even going to be considered for BE POY or any of the NPOY awards. If the stars align, she’s maybe the MOP at the BE tournament.

NPOY is (very deservingly) Aliyah Boston’s, despite the late rumblings for Caitlin Clark, and nothing Paige can do over the next month and a half will change that part narrative.

Reaction Score
A few years ago a TN player had a head injury or concussion in Nov or Dec. She did not play the rest of the year.
I’m getting worried about CD. :(
a former Yankees player had the same issues after running into the outfield fence in spring training. Never was the same.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on the boneyard.
I think he is having you on! Do not take the bait. If history is any indicator, he will soon be back whinging about the vicious, malign attacks upon him. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Whoever you heard that from hasn’t thought it all the way through. There is no way, after missing that much of the season, she is even going to be considered for BE POY or any of the NPOY awards. If the stars align, she’s maybe the MOP at the BE tournament.

NPOY is (very deservingly) Aliyah Boston’s, despite the late rumblings for Caitlin Clark, and nothing Paige can do over the next month and a half will change that part narrative.

One of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on the boneyard.

Just to be clear. NIL rules expressly prohibit performance based incentives. So Paige earns whatever her contracts state whether of not she scores another point this season.
Geezy @#$% people. I'm sorry @AgStatesman , you know some people can't look up to see anything.

artworks-000087109121-lvbe3t-t500x500.jpg

Reaction Score

Well said, Paige could be the best comeback story of the year, particularly if she could lead us to a championship, but Boston has earned POY awards, and has a pretty good story behind it as well. She was great as a freshman, but dropped off last year when she also had a couple of games where she missed last second putbacks in heartbreaking losses.

She came back this year with a totally reformed body, lost weight, increased strength, speed, and vertical jump substantially, and has dominated very good competition. She has a comeback story as well, and as much as I would like Paige to have a shot at it, not this year.

Reaction Score
No Chance of that happening, sorry (just in case that was not intended to be sarcastic)

Reaction Score
Do I/We miss Paige out on the court? ABSOLUTELY! Do we want her to play, Of Course. BUT, I'd rather she take a few more weeks off or preferably NOT play at all so next year she'll be 100% next year. I'd hate to she her rush and re-injure herself.

This is what I'm afraid of. I know she wants to play. I know the team wants her to play. I know everybody here wants her to play.

The pressure to get back out there soon is unspoken but it is there. I really hope Paige listens to her body and if it isn't right she has the courage to say so. I'd hate to see her suffer a setback.

Reaction Score
Stop with all the negative thoughts
If she plays is because the medical staff…coaches and herself know what her options are. It is obvious she is not going to wait if cleared to play….it is her decision and she knows best….all this prognostications of doom are without merit, What happened to others has no bearing on her decision.

Reaction Score
And it’s a high bar.

Me: "Dumbest post?! What are they complaining about now? There's no way what was said could be anywhere near the worst posts ever!"
(reads OG post)
Me: "Oh"

Reaction Score
Geezy @#$% people. I'm sorry @AgStatesman , you know some people can't look up to see anything.
You're actually going to claim that there haven't been almost-as-inane but serious posts on this board about how player X was going to do something miraculous?

Reaction Score
This is what I'm afraid of. I know she wants to play. I know the team wants her to play. I know everybody here wants her to play.

The pressure to get back out there soon is unspoken but it is there. I really hope Paige listens to her body and if it isn't right she has the courage to say so. I'd hate to see her suffer a setback.
I highly doubt that pressure from any sources will lead to bad decisions about when Paige gets into a game and for how long. I can't imagine the coaching staff would have doubts about her readiness for any given level of physical exertions and let outside influences override those doubts. At every step of the way during her recovery there is a continual feedback loop between her doctors, trainers, coaches and parents as to how far along she is in getting back to full speed. Paige may want to get back ASAP, but Geno is going to trust what he hears through the feedback loop, what his experiences with other players recoveries have been and what his eyes tell him. How much she practices and plays is his informed decision and Paige isn't going to talk him into doing anything against his better judgment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom