Paige is practicing | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Paige is practicing

Reaction Score
How-- or better yet-- why do you assume that opponents will basically play "dirty" ball. Ten bodies in a high intensity contest in a relatively small space will bang and collide somewhat, but you really shouldn't toss out accusations of deliberate mayhem beforehand.
it's another way of basically saying SC is "thugs" and that is a word that should not be tolerated to describe a team or player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Everyone seems to be forgetting a big big problem once Paige is back playing major minutes

Our bench celebrations will suffer big time

Back on the court facing DePaul, sophomore guard Nika Muhl crossed halfcourt and, without looking, found teammate Dorka Juhasz to her left for a layup, causing what was essentially chaos among Bueckers and Co.

"She slapped my butt so hard; oh, my God," Muhl said, referring to Bueckers and the celebration that ensued.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
it's another way of basically saying SC is "thugs" and that is a word that should not be tolerated to describe a team or player.
While I do not buy into the post you are referring to here, I did not see any specific mention of "SC". Could you point out that connection? Lots of teams play a physical style of basketball, but calling out a particular school or player for "dirty" play should be backed up with evidence. I did not see it in the original post, nor in yours. :oops:

Reaction Score
While I do not buy into the post you are referring to here, I did not see any specific mention of "SC". Could you point out that connection? Lots of teams play a physical style of basketball, but calling out a particular school or player for "dirty" play should be backed up with evidence. I did not see it in the original post, nor in yours. :oops:
idk considering it was a reply to me saying SC beat Uconn healthy you do to the math.

Reaction Score
Circling back around to Topic of Paige ...

If that's the case then she's been doing some serious rehab work on that left quadriceps. After any knee surgery, even if arthroscopic, those quad muscles shut down considerably. She's done a great job maintaining that strength through this.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's probably very valuable to her rehab that Azzi and Caroline had gone through brutal knee issues and has made it fully back and can provide direct advice and feedback in how it feels as she gets close to playing again

Reaction Score
Which games have you been watching?

This team lost to Villanova and was tight with Marquette for 3 quarters — neither team is projected to make the field.

UConn will be favored to make it to the regionals but has shown that it definitely could lose to a 6 seed if a few things go wrong.
That was assuming Liv and Caroline Ducharme are ready to play.

Reaction Score
Which games have you been watching?

This team lost to Villanova and was tight with Marquette for 3 quarters — neither team is projected to make the field.

UConn will be favored to make it to the regionals but has shown that it definitely could lose to a 6 seed if a few things go wrong.
DePaul, Villanova and Marquette are better than the self appointed NCAAW "experts" give them credit. Without UConn the BE was in danger of being completely dismissed by the Power 5 clique. With UConn the BE will get the respect deserve - and the recruits they once attracted.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
DePaul, Villanova and Marquette are better than the self appointed NCAAW "experts" give them credit. Without UConn the BE was in danger of being completely dismissed by the Power 5 clique. With UConn the BE will get the respect deserve - and the recruits they once attracted.
Only gonna happen if someone changes the algorithms that determine NET, Strength Of Schedule, etc. And if you believe that the current P5 conferences are going to let that happen, I know of some prime oceanfront property in AZ for sale. :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
DePaul, Villanova and Marquette are better than the self appointed NCAAW "experts" give them credit.

Nice straw man argument
Show some proof

Among the 3 of them, their best non conference win is kentucky.
None of them are better than a 6 seed, hence my point — UConns 2nd round game could be challenging.

Reaction Score
Only gonna happen if someone changes the algorithms that determine NET, Strength Of Schedule, etc. And if you believe that the current P5 conferences are going to let that happen, I know of some prime oceanfront property in AZ for sale. :eek::rolleyes:
I'd love to buy some of that - all it takes is the big one in the fault and I'd be good to go :).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maria Marino a bit more pessimistic that Paige will be back next week. Too many games leads to too few practices and having her gell with the team, Maria is saying maybe not until the Big East Tournament

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Maria Marino a bit more pessimistic that Paige will be back next week. Too many games leads to too few practices and having her gell with the team, Maria is saying maybe not until the Big East Tournament
Hmm. Last night Geno said maybe next week (Wednesday) and tonight Maria says not until the BE Tournament (at Mohegan Sun). I wonder which one Paige would want?

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. Last night Geno said maybe next week(Wednesday at Gampel hopefully) and tonight Maria says not until the BE Tournament (at Mohegan Sun). I wonder which one Paige would want?
Maria did not say it like it is a sure thing. Just an assessment of the possibilities

Reaction Score
didn't hear anything about injuries when she went off game before USF.
huh??

What's your point? I don't mean to sound mean but you realize the USF game is not the SC game, right?
What am I missing? Players get hurt from game to game.
I'm very befuddled by your comment.

Reaction Score
Nika was hurt too.
And Aaliyah is much closer to herself now than she was early in the season.
I thought Dorka might've been hurt too but not sure. I could be wrong but I thought I heard Geno say recently that she has been hurt since the beginning.

Reaction Score
I thought Dorka might've been hurt too but not sure. I could be wrong but I thought I heard Geno say recently that she has been hurt since the beginning.
And Caroline didn't play at all in the SC game either.

Reaction Score
huh??

What's your point? I don't mean to sound mean but you realize the USF game is not the SC game, right?
What am I missing? Players get hurt from game to game.
I'm very befuddled by your comment.
when SC beat Uconn handidly Geno after the game said "Azzi was playing hurt", he said that AFTER THE Sc loss. Meaning she was playing hurt also vs USF, that's the problem I had with the statement. When she was playing good, nobody mentioned it was hurt. It was only after SC blew them out the injury thing came out. Again SC was the better team, there's no shame in losing to that jaggernaut. I just hate that they tried to make it seem like oh but if Fudd was healthy the outcome would have been different (it wouldn't have) she still was bad defensively that game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom