Paige Bueckers AP National Player of the Year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Paige Bueckers AP National Player of the Year

Reaction Score
Mina’s plea to Paige.

AD697DE1-3FAF-41D5-AA62-FA56244AFB31.jpeg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I spent 2 years waiting for Paige to get to the Huskies, knowing that she would be terrific. But when the real thing arrived and was more than terrific I didn't know what to make of her and I'm still processing and reprocessing my thoughts of her. What I don't want to do is come to take for granted the super talent who is Paige Bueckers. She's a blessing for all of WCBB.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I’m in 7th Heaven! Time to Celebrate Paige “Slim Buckets”Bueckers! This just made my day! Hip Hip Hooray for Paige!
At first glance, I thought it said: Slime Buckets! Still works! lol
She is the GOAT... in training!

Reaction Score
Paige is what a lot of posters like to call a "generational" talent. I have no doubt she will leave Connecticut as arguably the best ever. Absolutely insane freshman campaign by her, especially considering how much she had to shoulder.

I do wonder if more freshman were able to play at a high level this year due to the absence of fans. High school kids rarely play in front of big crowds, and I would think it's inevitable that playing in front of 10k people would add pressure. The games this year largely had an AAU vibe to them, where it was really just the players and their coaches in the arena. Just an interesting thought, since I can't recall a year where so many freshman played so incredibly well.

Congrats to her though on a much deserved award. In my opinion, she should have been the unanimous pick.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
When I was in college, freshmen were not allowed to play varsity. Can you imagine. Lew Alcindor was not allowed to play varsity, even though he was the best player n the country, by far. As Bob Dylan once wrote "The Times they are a-changin."

Reaction Score
Paige is what a lot of posters like to call a "generational" talent. I have no doubt she will leave Connecticut as arguably the best ever. Absolutely insane freshman campaign by her, especially considering how much she had to shoulder.

I do wonder if more freshman were able to play at a high level this year due to the absence of fans. High school kids rarely play in front of big crowds, and I would think it's inevitable that playing in front of 10k people would add pressure. The games this year largely had an AAU vibe to them, where it was really just the players and their coaches in the arena. Just an interesting thought, since I can't recall a year where so many freshman played so incredibly well.

Congrats to her though on a much deserved award. In my opinion, she should have been the unanimous pick.
Paige's high school games were more packed with fans than most college games so I doubt having fans would have made any difference for her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Okay seriously, whoever voted for Howard and Collier need to have their driver's licenses immediately suspended because clearly they can't see.....
+10000

I can sort of get Rhyne at least she won the SEC POY but Collier??? Charli didn't even win the Big12 POY, and has by abysmal in every bid game for Texas, so much so that Vic tried to down play the Boston vs. Collier battle. What is surprising is no votes for Boston. @UConnCat (thanks for the vote totals!) might continue her sleuthing and tell us which knucklehead actually voted for CC as their privilege's should be revoked.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's what I think Antonelli would say, " In my opinion, Caitlin Clark is much better and should have won this. She only won because she plays in a weak league. In fact, Uconn only gets to the final 4 because they get the best players and play in a weak league. The last play was a foul and Baylor got robbed. Did I mention that Uconn plays in a weak league???"

The Gonzaga men play in a weak league too--and they are routing everyone!

Reaction Score
Well deserved by Paige as she dominated her freshman season with not only her BB skill but her personality and humility!
It was a joy to watch her and her teammates go through this season with 2 games still to go!
She has a lot to live up to in her remaining 3 years but she will meet ALL challenges head on!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just went out for a hike with Mrs Oldude and look what I missed. What wonderful, historic news. While there are other individual awards that Paige will surely earn this season, I am absolutely certain that there is only one award, presented on Sunday night, that Paige truly wants to hold along with all of her teammates.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
WBB is in great shape with Paige as it's face...ridicules talent who performs exceptionally well under pressure in the hardest moments and is a humble person who gives credit to her teammates all the time!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom